Strawberries are the shit.

Mustard Death

Here I am, enjoying a bowl full of delicious strawberry goodness, and what could I think to do? Share how great they are with you guys.

Now, I know most of you are probably already keen on this suprising fact, however, there are some who are still in a black abyss of darkness when it comes to these sweet red delights... therefore, I am here to share my all knowing knowledge of this almost to good to be true food.

So, heed my words, and go forth, into a land of amazing taste bud sensation... and buy some strawberries.

Feel free to post about any other badass fruit (or food in general) if you are compelled to do so.

Thank you, and good day.

Folks, let me tell you about a little something I stumbled across a few years ago. You all are familiar with the olive, right? A bite-sized veggie grown in Italy (and similar places), usually served as an hors d'oeuvres or on a relish tray. Someone, who should be remembered in the annals of history as a revolutionary in the small, bite-sized veggie department, has changed the way I look at olives.

You all know how olives have little pits which are usually filled with little red thingies, right? This nameless genius came up with the idea to put other kinds of food in the olive pit. Specifically: THE JALEPENO. Combining the olive's sort-of-picklish flavor with the kick of a jalepeno pepper, the JALEPENO OLIVE is the most incredible bite-sized veggie hybrid in existence! Managing to be both dignified and wild, spicy and bitter, classy yet not one of your "holier than thou" veggies (*cough*carrot*cough*), the JALEPENO OLIVE should be a welcome addition to your larders.

So go out there. By a bottle of JALEPENO OLIVES. You can thank me for it later.

~A.F!

That sounds like the perfect food for me, being that I am dignified, wild, spicey, bitter and classy.......

<note: insert sweet in place of bitter>

We love the strawberry so much that we have a festival for it. Every February a town just east of Tampa called Plant City has the Strawberry Festival. When the Cincinatti Reds used to train there they sold flats of them outside the ball park. They are pretty good.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Apr 14 2007, 09:12 AM)
Strawberry picking time is coming soon.

yes.gif

i have a strawberry patch in my garden!!!

won't be long now!

653.gif

QUOTE (Atomic.Feedback! @ Apr 13 2007, 12:03 PM)
Folks, let me tell you about a little something I stumbled across a few years ago. You all are familiar with the olive, right? A bite-sized veggie grown in Italy (and similar places), usually served as an hors d'oeuvres or on a relish tray. Someone, who should be remembered in the annals of history as a revolutionary in the small, bite-sized veggie department, has changed the way I look at olives.

You all know how olives have little pits which are usually filled with little red thingies, right? This nameless genius came up with the idea to put other kinds of food in the olive pit. Specifically: THE JALEPENO. Combining the olive's sort-of-picklish flavor with the kick of a jalepeno pepper, the JALEPENO OLIVE is the most incredible bite-sized veggie hybrid in existence! Managing to be both dignified and wild, spicy and bitter, classy yet not one of your "holier than thou" veggies (*cough*carrot*cough*), the JALEPENO OLIVE should be a welcome addition to your larders.

So go out there. By a bottle of JALEPENO OLIVES. You can thank me for it later.

~A.F!

I have had something like before. I think I prefer the garlic stuffed olives myself. I am a huge hot food fan and last year grew around 144 hot pepper plants.

Yes, strawberries are awesome and one these years I will get my act together and plant some. I do have apple trees, blueberries and blackberries.

I have read to watch out for the chemicals used on strawberries and to wash them very throughly. I guess strawberries are one of the worst offenders from a chemical standpoint.

Go Organic!

I would decribe myself as more of a blueberry kind o'guy. Cranberries a close second.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 14 2007, 10:42 AM)
I would decribe myself as more of a blueberry kind o'guy. Cranberries a close second.

As my daughter would say "don't be sad...they're just berries"...she got her sister with that last week. laugh.gif

I saw a news report a couple nights ago that said the strawberry crop this year is great - very large berries, plentiful, and very sweet - because of a rainy growing season this year.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Jul 2 2007, 06:52 PM)
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAGQ187~Darryl-Strawberry-Batting-Action-Posters.jpg

1022.gif

I'd call myself Professor Plum, but I do love strawberries! biggrin.gif

I ate a bunch of strawberries for desert at lunch today.

Archived