Opening Act

vaportrails14

What bands would like to see be a open act if Rush decide not to drop it back in the 90's. Me, i would like to see Godsmack, Sully Erna the lead singer of Godsmack is a Rush fan and one song Serenity he got from reading Neil's book Ghost Rider.

Hevy Devy Townsend. Him sharing a stage with Rush would be beyond words...

I was thinking about Godsmack as a Rush opener. I don't know if it would work out musically, but I think it would be pretty good. When I caught them opening for Metallica, they did a killer drum duet musical piece, at the end of which they included bits & pieces of classic drum patterns, such as Walk This Way, Moby Dick. Rush was represented twice with Tom Sawyer & YYZ.

A killer co-headlining tour would be Rush & Dream Theater, with DT getting at least 90 minutes.

King's x, or the Ozric Tentacles

QUOTE (Roddy @ Apr 7 2007, 09:15 AM)
Hevy Devy Townsend. Him sharing a stage with Rush would be beyond words...

He'd get booed off the stage.

Much like many Rush opening acts of the 90's.

I think the only the crowd really enjoyed from the shows I went to was Primus...when they we're still semi-popular.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Apr 7 2007, 10:22 AM)
Porcupine Tree! biggrin.gif wacko.gif applaudit.gif

It'd work really well because on the epic 17-minute track of their new album, Alex Lifeson has a guitar solo, so he could come out and do that. How awesome that show would be...

I was going to say that as well, but there will be no opening band (the tickets say "An Evening with Rush". I prefer a 3 hours of Rush as to 1 hour with an opening band then 2 with Rush.

I saw I believe It was KISS and Areosmith together in concert, it was a great show with 2 great bands, but I would have rather seen them tour seperatly with 2 full live sets and gone to see them individually

Meh, they don't need an opener. None of the concert goers would be interested in seeing another lesser known/shitty band play.

Some good suggestions though.

Carry on.

QUOTE (Crimson Emotions @ Apr 7 2007, 09:16 AM)

A killer co-headlining tour would be Rush & Dream Theater, with DT getting at least 90 minutes.

Co headlining.... rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif.......I can't keep up with all these moronic posts around here lately laugh.gif

If it had to be anyone, I'd say Porcupine Tree. I'd dig it if they played "Arriving Somewhere, But not Here" or ".3"

I'm really into them right now after I heard about them two days ago! XD They are the only "modern" band I like XD

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Apr 7 2007, 09:42 AM)
King's x

King's X would be cool. I can't think of another band that is really appropriate. Rush is an experience in itself. Wouldn't you say?

Though i prefer the evening with format... if they ever went back to having an opener... i think it would be cool for them to have bands that at least stack up to them musically. So that leaves out Dream Theater. tongue.gif I'd wager that the 2.gif roadies would be a better opening act than DT. I'd stay in the parking lot if they ever put DT on the same stage as 2.gif yes.gif

That being said... i think TOOL would be a good choice to open. They are far and away the best thinking man's metal band in the world today. They'd have to be given a full set though. You can't cut into a band like Tool's setlist. no.gif

It would be cool to see these two juggernauts together. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 9 2007, 09:16 AM)

That being said... i think TOOL would be a good choice to open. They are far and away the best thinking man's metal band in the world today. They'd have to be given a full set though. You can't cut into a band like Tool's setlist. no.gif

It would be cool to see these two juggernauts together. yes.gif

EXACTLY what I was thinking before I read this post. A friend of mine always referred to Tool as being a "a pissed off Rush" as a compliment to both bands.

Archived