2007 - 09/12 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 13 2007, 12:15 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2007, 12:11 AM)
I was kind of disappointed with the crowd but in the overall scheme of things f**k 'EM!  I mean 16 year olds were poking me in the back to sit down  sarcasm.gif

Seriously?

Sadly yes.

Told them I NEVER sit down for a Rush concert and glared at them laugh.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2007, 12:16 AM)
I was kind of disappointed with the crowd but in the overall scheme of things f**k 'EM!  I mean 16 year olds were poking me in the back to sit down  sarcasm.gif

Seriously?

Sadly yes.

Yeah, man. It's a f***ing RUSH concert. How the hell are you supposed to rock out sitting down? laugh.gif

Just said goodbye to Ladi, D-13, Barney, Sig, his bro Dave, and Bastille Night....It was great hanging with you you guys today and hope you have a safe trip home! Let me know when you guys get home.

RUSH rocked as usual at the JLC! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I was kind of disappointed with the crowd but in the overall scheme of things f**k 'EM! I mean 16 year olds were poking me in the back to sit down sarcasm.gif

What is more important is 2.gif kicked ass as usual 1287.gif

sundog, digital man, chaotica, and Lou, sorry I didn't get to say good bye sad.gif Give me a shout or PM me ok?

So glad you guys had an awesome time!! Did ladi remember to give you a hug from me?? hug2.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 13 2007, 12:20 AM)
Just said goodbye to Ladi, D-13, Barney, Sig, his bro Dave, and Bastille Night....It was great hanging with you you guys today and hope you have a safe trip home!  Let me know when you guys get home.

RUSH rocked as usual at the JLC!  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

What is more important is  2.gif  kicked ass as usual  1287.gif

sundog, digital man, chaotica, and Lou, sorry I didn't get to say good bye sad.gif  Give me a shout or PM me ok?

So glad you guys had an awesome time!! Did ladi remember to give you a hug from me?? hug2.gif

She got a little lost and I had to go get her but ye she gave hugs to everyone smile.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2007, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 13 2007, 12:20 AM)
Just said goodbye to Ladi, D-13, Barney, Sig, his bro Dave, and Bastille Night....It was great hanging with you you guys today and hope you have a safe trip home!  Let me know when you guys get home.

RUSH rocked as usual at the JLC!  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

What is more important is  2.gif  kicked ass as usual  1287.gif

sundog, digital man, chaotica, and Lou, sorry I didn't get to say good bye sad.gif  Give me a shout or PM me ok?

She got a little lost and I had to go get her but ye she gave hugs to everyone smile.gif

kewl smile.gif Someday I'll get up there to meet y'all hug2.gif

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Sep 12 2007, 11:19 PM)

Seriously?

Sadly yes.

Yeah, man. It's a f***ing RUSH concert. How the hell are you supposed to rock out sitting down? laugh.gif

No kidding. That's just crazy! I'm surprised to hear that happened in Canada, of all places. I wouldn't have just glared at them. I would have smacked them in the head and reminded them of exactly what it was they were witnessing. Jeeze.

At any rate, I'm glad you all got together and had a good time. Wish I could have been there, too. trink39.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 13 2007, 12:32 AM)

Seriously?

Sadly yes.

No kidding. That's just crazy! I'm surprised to hear that happened in Canada, of all places. I wouldn't have just glared at them. I would have smacked them in the head and reminded them of exactly what it was they were witnessing. Jeeze.

At any rate, I'm glad you all got together and had a good time. Wish I could have been there, too. trink39.gif

i look forward to meeting you someday Sue and LSM smile.gif It's great to meet people from here smile.gif

Seriously?

Sadly yes.

I know. Besides Toronto, I would have thought the Labatt Centre would have been the least likely for anyone to sit down.

Still good to hear you guys had a good time though. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 12 2007, 11:38 PM)

Seriously?

Sadly yes.

i look forward to meeting you someday Sue and LSM smile.gif It's great to meet people from here smile.gif

My goals for next year are (in appropriate order):

1. Rush in New Orleans

2. The NWWCon in New York

3. RushCon 2008

It would be awesome to see you at 1 or 3, but you better be damned good lookin' in drag to make it into 2! laugh.gif

Even if you were wearing a dress, Testy, I'd be happy to hang out with you! 653.gif

That sucks that you had to sit, and people were telling Test to sit down. Same thing happened to myself, my sis and her friend at the Raleigh show. Some guy in a lawn chair behind us told her to sit.... she was like f**k off! laugh.gif Toward the end of the night we had a large gap behind us.... we were rocking out.

QUOTE (Trance @ Sep 13 2007, 02:26 AM)
That sucks that you had to sit, and people were telling Test to sit down. Same thing happened to myself, my sis and her friend at the Raleigh show. Some guy in a lawn chair behind us told her to sit.... she was like f**k off! laugh.gif Toward the end of the night we had a large gap behind us.... we were rocking out.

Yeah we sat for the whole thing, but quite honestly, it was out of necessity. It was steep looking down - the person's head in front of me was only to my knee or lower when I was standing and there was no guard rail; it was a risk I was not willing to take. unsure.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Sep 13 2007, 07:40 AM)
Glad to hear yah all had a Great time But did everyone have to sit through the whole show ? That would seem so impossible to do .

No it was possible, I was nervous to walk down the line to go to the restroom.

WOW.

That is all I can say about last night.

It was my first Rush show, and WOW, I can't even use all the words to describe the concert, or I would seriously be here for weeks. It was the most fricking amazing concert I have EVER seen. Like, I don't think I will see a more amazing show in my life. Wow.

(And it was AMAZING how by intermission I noticed my ears were ringing 1022.gif )

I was in 105 in the back row, so luckily enough, my section (or, apparently at least the back half) and the sections to my right, were all standing, so I didn't have that problem.

But, during the drum solo, I swear by the time the kit turned, I was almost in tears. I was in awe at that man. (Although that could've been by the people sitting next to me lighting up for the 847587th time.)

But, that is the most amazing frickin' concert ever.

(And it even made my father more of a fan than of just Hope and Tom Sawyer, at last! :] )

But I too was dissipointed by the lack of crowd-ness....at least they knew the words to Tom Sawyer and The Spirit of Radio. I was pumped by YYZ and then they didn't even do any of the 'hey's. Oh well.

(Oh! And I was looking for a TRFian...thinking one of you might've worn a shirt..no luck. Haha.)

Anyway..enough of that ramble.

Thank you Lerxst, Pratt, Dirk, for an unforgettable night. smile.gif

Happy (Belated) Birthday Neil! :[ (as we didn't sing to you)

Take off, eh!

QUOTE (padfoot @ Sep 13 2007, 08:11 AM)

(Oh! And I was looking for a TRFian...thinking one of you might've worn a shirt..no luck. Haha.)

We were there in our 'colours' - gotsta represent, man!!! I had my long sleeve trf shirt on and ladi was wearing her pink baby tee. Digi had on his tee, but I didn't notice if anyone else had on their gear. We showed right before show time and didn't have time to hang out.

QUOTE (sundog @ Sep 13 2007, 08:24 AM)

We were there in our 'colours' - gotsta represent, man!!! I had my long sleeve trf shirt on and ladi was wearing her pink baby tee. Digi had on his tee, but I didn't notice if anyone else had on their gear. We showed right before show time and didn't have time to hang out.

"REPRESENT" !!!!!

1022.gif

Test was wearing his TRF shirt when we were @ the Last drop... but he spilled so many beers on him that he had to go back home & change... z7shysterical.gif

first show i have been to this tour where i heard them play SB!! that was a treat!

glad you had a great time padfoot! neil's solo never ceases to amaze me... yes.gif

it was so awesome to hang with bastille night, test, barn, siggypoo & dave again! and YAY! to meet D-13 FINALLY!!!! (don't forget that PM girl....) and of course sitting with sunny, digi & the fam.... seeing chaotica and Lou...

good times good times....

trink39.gif

Wow, yet another FANTASTIC meetup and show!!! It was great hanging with you folks before and after, and Rush delivered yet another patented brilliant show! I stood and rocked out BIG TIME for the whole show, although I did notice a lot of boring people just standing there. Oh well, to each their own.

I met tons of people in the venue that I didn't even know were going to be there, so that was pretty cool. Pretty bummed that I never saw Sunny, Digi and chaotica though......I looked for you guys!!

I'll see a bunch of you again next week eh!!! 1022.gif

2.gif

Just said goodbye to Ladi, D-13, Barney, Sig, his bro Dave, and Bastille Night....It was great hanging with you you guys today and hope you have a safe trip home! Let me know when you guys get home.

RUSH rocked as usual at the JLC! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I was kind of disappointed with the crowd but in the overall scheme of things f**k 'EM! I mean 16 year olds were poking me in the back to sit down sarcasm.gif

What is more important is 2.gif kicked ass as usual 1287.gif

sundog, digital man, chaotica, and Lou, sorry I didn't get to say good bye sad.gif Give me a shout or PM me ok?

oops.gif doh.gif sorry I forgot to mention BN's friend By-Toronto! It was nice meeting you as well! smile.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 13 2007, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 12 2007, 11:38 PM)

Seriously?

Sadly yes.

My goals for next year are (in appropriate order):

1. Rush in New Orleans

2. The NWWCon in New York

3. RushCon 2008

It would be awesome to see you at 1 or 3, but you better be damned good lookin' in drag to make it into 2! laugh.gif

Even if you were wearing a dress, Testy, I'd be happy to hang out with you! 653.gif

I'll leave the dress wearing to Necro thank you very much wink.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 13 2007, 08:43 AM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Sep 13 2007, 08:24 AM)

"REPRESENT" !!!!!

1022.gif

Test was wearing his TRF shirt when we were @ the Last drop... but he spilled so many beers on him that he had to go back home & change... z7shysterical.gif

first show i have been to this tour where i heard them play SB!! that was a treat!

glad you had a great time padfoot! neil's solo never ceases to amaze me... yes.gif

it was so awesome to hang with bastille night, test, barn, siggypoo & dave again! and YAY! to meet D-13 FINALLY!!!! (don't forget that PM girl....) and of course sitting with sunny, digi & the fam.... seeing chaotica and Lou...

good times good times....

trink39.gif

It was the jager bomb that I spilled on my shirt wacko.gif

At least I didn't spill most of it on the ground like Barn did! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Sep 13 2007, 08:47 AM)
I stood and rocked out BIG TIME for the whole show, although I did notice a lot of boring people just standing there.  Oh well, to each their own.

Where was your seat? I saw this dude totally rockin' out in the floor section that was in front of Geddy; in one of the last few rows. 1022.gif He was havin' a blast down there.

And Test!! I have never seen a picture of you until now...looking at the other thread with pics you guys all had. And I swear I think I saw you as I was leaving last night.... I don't know why but I saw the shirt you were wearing and I remember looking at the guy.. And I think it was you. Funny. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (padfoot @ Sep 13 2007, 03:00 PM)

And Test!! I have never seen a picture of you until now...looking at the other thread with pics you guys all had. And I swear I think I saw you as I was leaving last night.... I don't know why but I saw the shirt you were wearing and I remember looking at the guy.. And I think it was you. Funny. ph34r.gif

You should've came over and said Hi! biggrin.gif

I told ya you would love the show! smile.gif 2.gif

Archived