2007 - 06/13 - Atlanta, GA - HiFi Buys Amphitheatre

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 27 2007, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (skyswing @ Mar 27 2007, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 27 2007, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 27 2007, 12:03 PM)
I'll be there. biggrin.gif

bncegrn.gif

So will I!

GG and I have agreed that we will be signing autographs before the show, so get there early!

This will be a less expensive meet and greet to qualify for, unless you're charging hidden fees somewhere in the fine print!

Seriously, I'm looking forward to meeting as many of y'all as we can!

rofl3.gif Jack

I'm looking forward to this gathering and show tremendously! We should be able to get a pretty good group for this one.

Paging ES-335! smile.gif

You rang???? tongue.gif

I am going to look for a place sometime this week ... any suggestions from anyone? I can arrange it or check it out for you.

I was thinking about a sports bar or hotel bar somewhere downtown or near the airport .. we will work something out ... OPENING NIGHT!!!!! WOOO HOO!!!!

2.gif

Quick questions:

1) How many of you were in Atlanta for the Vapor Trails tour?

2) How many of you were in Nashville for the R30 tour?

Just curious, cause skyswing and I were at both of those. Those were my only 2 shows since being "converted".

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Mar 27 2007, 08:24 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 27 2007, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (skyswing @ Mar 27 2007, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 27 2007, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Mar 27 2007, 12:03 PM)
I'll be there. biggrin.gif

bncegrn.gif

So will I!

GG and I have agreed that we will be signing autographs before the show, so get there early!

This will be a less expensive meet and greet to qualify for, unless you're charging hidden fees somewhere in the fine print!

Seriously, I'm looking forward to meeting as many of y'all as we can!

rofl3.gif Jack

I'm looking forward to this gathering and show tremendously! We should be able to get a pretty good group for this one.

Paging ES-335! smile.gif

You rang???? tongue.gif

I am going to look for a place sometime this week ... any suggestions from anyone? I can arrange it or check it out for you.

I was thinking about a sports bar or hotel bar somewhere downtown or near the airport .. we will work something out ... OPENING NIGHT!!!!! WOOO HOO!!!!

2.gif

Yay, Lee! bncegrn.gif

Find us a good place...clean but cheap. biggrin.gif

Me & my best bud, who has seen Rush with me 11 times, will be there.

Also one of my high school & college friends (we had our cherry popped together at MP in B'ham AL) is meeting us there. I'm also bringing my wife, who's not been to a show with me since RTB & my 10 year old daughter.

Oh Boy, this is gonna be great!

Sounds like the majority is leaning toward an off-site location for a pre-show meetup, which is fine, but after having navigated the ATL this weekend, clear directions and alternate routes around traffic snafus to and from the restaurant/bar, especially if we are running close toward show time, would be extremely helpful.

We didn't do much downtown in the way of dining out this past trip, so I can't really offer any suggestions.

Sounds like the parameters are set and ES-335 will do the hunting based on those.

Thanks to all of you who already know each other for being willing to include us newbies.

Seriously, no pressure, only a question, but any chance we might have some apparel or other items in time for the Atlanta show to distinguish the TRFers?

The more, the merrier! biggrin.gif

We're hoping to get some TRF apparel ready VERY soon. I promise, it's in the works.

I promised myself I\'d be at opening night this time around.. I\'m hoping to find cheap airfare and hotel. I\'ll also be looking to score tickets, let me know if any of you have extra (good) seats. If you\'d like to contribute to my opening night adventure, please feel free to PM me... laugh.gif

I promised myself I\'d be at opening night this time around.. I\'m hoping to find cheap airfare and hotel. I\'ll also be looking to score tickets, let me know if any of you have extra (good) seats. If you\'d like to contribute to my opening night adventure, please feel free to PM me... laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

How cool would it be for you to come to my neck of the woods, MH? 1022.gif

Do it! yes.gif

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Mar 28 2007, 03:40 PM)

I hope you can make it. We'll wreck the place!

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Mar 29 2007, 01:22 AM)
sorry for the dup posts.. I was at work trying to manipulate around the firewall and I didn't think it was working... So I kept hitting "add reply" and low and behold..

laugh.gif

I just thought you wanted us to know that you really, really, really, really wanted to come.

tongue.gif

I'm in the 24th row, Geddy's side...I wish I thought we could find better seats and still unload these, but I doubt it. eh.gif

Oh, well...

Hotel:

Red Roof Inn

1200 Virginia Avenue

Atlanta, GA 30344

(404) 209-1800

It is a nice, clean, newer hotel.

Has the airport shuttle

If we get 10 rooms, then it is 69.00 per night plus tax. for a double. They have the rooms available.

>>>I need to know how many rooms so I can block them by Monday morning, <<<

If we can't get 10, the regular rate isn't that bad either. Also, there are about 10 hotels in the immediate area, within walking distance. A couple are cheaper but not as nice and not as close. PM me if you need that info.

The meeting place: Malone's Bar and Grill.

1258 Virginia Ave

Atlanta, GA 30344

(404) 762-5577

We can meet there, hang out, then head to the venue. It is about 200 feet from the hotel.

Also, there is another restaurant/bar across the street that is open till 4 am, in case some of you want to party after the show.

I am posting this here and RT.

WOO HOO!!! OPENING NIGHT!!!

Archived