What happened to the edit feature

Pags

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2004, 12:31 PM)
it's not like we get points for proving someone wrong or anything, I do it almost daily.

You crack me up. What's it like in your world? laugh.gif

See? A perfect example of a required edit. I had to change 'is' to 'it'. rofl3.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People don't only want to edit posts because they said something wrong or foul; it may be to clarify something or to correct a typo, edit code, whatever.

I think 5 minutes is about right, tho it would be nice if we could restore edit to all forums except politics.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 1 2004, 12:54 PM)
it's not like we get points for proving someone wrong or anything, I do it almost daily.

Well I'd say it's pretty good. A lot of hard work, I work hard, it' hard, I even work on Saturdays, I even worked on Sunday once. It's hard.

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2004, 12:59 PM)

Well I'd say it's pretty good. A lot of hard work, I work hard, it' hard, I even work on Saturdays, I even worked on Sunday once. It's hard.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Dec 1 2004, 12:59 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 1 2004, 12:59 PM)

trink39.gif

1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 1 2004, 10:14 AM)
Each has it's benefits and drawbacks.

Whenever someone quotes someone's post before they edit it - you can see what they said initially anyways... so there is your evidence. And if it's quoted that you flamed someone - you're gone (but then again, some people will go as far as editing the quotes of what that person said - wouldn't put it past them).

DID you say all of this Barney? BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Like that?

QUOTE (BSG @ Dec 1 2004, 01:29 PM)
I am a big goober.

Yeah, Barney has a point!

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Dec 1 2004, 01:05 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 1 2004, 11:59 AM)
I am a big goober.

Yeah, so am I!

laugh.gif

I am falling out of my chair laughing here...

You guys are the BEST!

Come on, RR...let's get 'em...admins here to kick ass and take names....

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: GhostGirl, RushRevisited

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Dec 1 2004, 02:05 PM)
I am a big goober.

Yeah, so am I!

I have a confession to make, guys. I know that this probably isn't the right thread to make this post in, but I need to get it off my chest. I like to hump sheep. I know, it may sound disgusting to many of you, but I cannot help the way that I know how to love. I find myself going to farms in search of this furry barnyard animal in the middle of the night, sometimes drunk and sometimes perfectly sober.... I cannot help myself. Please help me.

That is just sick, Riv.... I just don't understand it, but to each their own.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 1 2004, 12:27 PM)
I am a big goober.

Yeah, so am I!

I have a confession to make, guys. I know that this probably isn't the right thread to make this post in, but I need to get it off my chest. I like to hump sheep. I know, it may sound disgusting to many of you, but I cannot help the way that I know how to love. I find myself going to farms in search of this furry barnyard animal in the middle of the night, sometimes drunk and sometimes perfectly sober.... I cannot help myself. Please help me.

Me too, riv. Do you know where I can find some velcro gloves?

upyours.gif 19.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Dec 1 2004, 02:28 PM)
I am a big goober.

Yeah, so am I!

upyours.gif 19.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

OMIGOD! If we had a 'post of the day' thread, this would get my vote! yes.gif

I am a big goober.

Yeah, so am I!

upyours.gif 19.gif

OMg tooo damn funny laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 1 2004, 01:30 PM)
I am a big goober.

Yeah, so am I!

upyours.gif 19.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Such hilarity!

And can I say a big ol' thank you to you fellas for not editing me in such a fashion?

*GG hopes she hasn't spoken too soon*

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Dec 1 2004, 02:02 PM)
I say no edits period... I want to see everyone's initial thoughts and/or mistakes.. and since Indy is never wrong, this shouldn't be a problem for him.

Don't get me wrong, I've been wrong a time or two in my life, not on this board though. biggrin.gif

Everyone makes typos though, sometimes I type things so fast then hit enter then proofread it and then change it, yes that's a bad habit. I guess I can just start proofreading it before I hit enter, that's an easy fix I guess. I just didn't see the point in the first place is all. No big deal, I just had to speak up when it was said I change posts because I'm wrong about something. That's simply untrue.

I tried editing that last post because I wanted to add something to it, but I couldn't so I had to waste an whole new post just to say this.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 1 2004, 02:35 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 1 2004, 01:30 PM)
I am a big goober.

Yeah, so am I!

upyours.gif 19.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Such hilarity!

And can I say a big ol' thank you to you fellas for not editing me in such a fashion?

*GG hopes she hasn't spoken too soon*

I would never edit you, GG. I don't want to get banned. biggrin.gif

I miss the edit feature. Some of us do type with 10 thumbs and do need to edit from time to time, including previous day posts. If a time limit is enforced, I can see it for the Politics Forum but for the rest of the board? confused13.gif no.gif

Until we figure this out, here's a novel idea for you typo-prone peeps: PREVIEW your posts before you put them up! Hit that little button next to "Add Reply" called "Preview Posts." That way you can see exactly what your post will look like when it's up, including all the text and image codes. And if you do preview it and still miss a typo, you have two minutes to fix it after it's up.

But the best solution would be no editing in Politics, and unlimited editing out here. But we need to know if the code will allow that, right RR?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 1 2004, 12:14 PM)
But the best solution would be no editing in Politics, and unlimited editing out here. But we need to know if the code will allow that, right RR?

I agree this is the best solution if possible. yes.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Dec 1 2004, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 1 2004, 08:17 AM)
First off, it is currently set to 2 minutes after you post that you can edit.  The reason we did this is because two people who will remain nameless were going back and editing their posts in the politics area - to call people "f*cking assholes" just long enough for the other party to see it, then editing it so there was "no proof".  Another person in Politics was editing their post after they were proven wrong to make it look like they didn't say what they said to begin with... 

trying to come up with an alternate solution to this.

Make the politics thread like a court room? No tampering with the transcripts. Dont punish the rest of the board for it, we didnt do anything tongue.gif

I agree with Moonraker. Just make it on the political board if that's where the only problems occured.

Archived