Megadeth is still playing metal like it's the 80s

Stormtron

I've had song that for a couple of weeks now.

Sleepwalker sounds pretty good and hell of alot better than the previous song they released "Gears of War".

I still contend that Megadeth is one of the greatest names ever for a band.

Am I the only person who thinks that the best thing that ever happened to Dave M was being forced out of Metallica? I mean he has done nothing but write ass kicking metal for 23 years.

Metallica sold out 15 years ago.

Metallica may be the more popular band but the are NOT the BETTER band!!!!

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 9 2007, 12:37 PM)
Am I the only person who thinks that the best thing that ever happened to Dave M was being forced out of Metallica? I mean he has done nothing but write ass kicking metal for 23 years.

I completely agree yes.gif These days I'd listen to Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction, Peace Sells, etc over any of the old Metallica records.

Dave Mustaine is such a great song/riff writer 1022.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Mar 9 2007, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Mar 9 2007, 12:37 PM)
Am I the only person who thinks that the best thing that ever happened to Dave M was being forced out of Metallica?  I mean he has done nothing but write ass kicking metal for 23 years. 

I completely agree yes.gif These days I'd listen to Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction, Peace Sells, etc over any of the old Metallica records.

Dave Mustaine is such a great song/riff writer 1022.gif

I agree with both of you. I also find that the Megadeth albums have aged better than Metallica's, and that's coming from a once die hard Metallica fan.

Is there any better opening to a metal album than "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due" going right into "Hangar 18"?

I'll take Megadeth's nine good albums (sorry, Risk) over Metallica's four.

RIP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>all other Megadeth albums combined.

Saw Megadeth a couple years ago.

The System has failed was f***ing great, and is a great example of what the topic starter is stating. Metallicas St Anger came out around the same time, and it was just a joke, at how much better Megadeths album was.

Got to meet Mustaine as well, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He actually has long convos with fans.

Does anyone know when the new album is due? Sorry im out of the loop.

QUOTE (Mr. Henry Gale @ Mar 9 2007, 06:33 PM)
Saw Megadeth a couple years ago.

The System has failed was f***ing great, and is a great example of what the topic starter is stating. Metallicas St Anger came out around the same time, and it was just a joke, at how much better Megadeths album was.

Got to meet Mustaine as well, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He actually has long convos with fans.

Does anyone know when the new album is due? Sorry im out of the loop.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/37/United_Abominations_cover.jpg

May 15

The System Has Failed is a great album, I couldn't believe something like that came out in 2004. I'm looking forward to the new one, but I'm not in love with the new version of Vic on the cover.

That's awesome that you met Dave and he was cool. He's on my short list of musicians I'd actually like to meet.

I first Megadeth on the So far, So good, so what tour. I like most of what they have put out. I have alot of the singles ( meaning demos, unreleased material and some live material) they released in the early to mid 90's.

Part of why TSHF kicked so much ass was Chris Poland coming back for a few solos and vinnie colaiuta sitting in on the drums. But then again, dave has always had killer musicians in the band.

Dave Mustaine is very nice. This one stupid fan brought like every single album lyric book, and the singles covers, and wanted Mustaine to sign them all, while everyone else brought maybe 2 things.

Mustaine signed them all, and said sorry to the fans that waited in line, and was very nice about it all. Like I said, just a great guy. Try meeting him after the next show you see. I got a pass from his message board to meet him, they were given out to messageboard members. If you cant get a pass, wait after the show, he talks to fans in the parking lot.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 9 2007, 08:41 PM)
going to be checking out Dave and the boys in a few weeks when they open for Heaven and Hell. Can't wait to hear the new songs! 1022.gif

I sooo want to go to this show yes.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 9 2007, 07:41 PM)
going to be checking out Dave and the boys in a few weeks when they open for Heaven and Hell. Can't wait to hear the new songs! 1022.gif

I see them April 29th. Can't wait to see Heaven and Hell.

I think they are fricken awesome!!!!!!! I first saw them in '88 when they opened for Dio. They kicked almighty.......!! That was the last time I heard Hook in Mouth live. My fave!! I have seen almost every tour since. Mustaine has stayed true to his roots. They have been consistantly kick A biggrin.gif

My favorite album is Countdown to Extinction with Peace Sells a close second.. Hook in Mouth from So Far is my favorite song, but their are soooooo many 1022.gif 1022.gif

hmmm..........i guess some people love it, but Megadeth always releasing albums that sound like Megadeth is one of the reasons i cant listen to them.

as more time goes on, i feel what Marty said about Megadeth music being "gun metal grey" rings truer and truer. while this song is better than most of TSHF, it still just sounds like Megadeth.

plus, the fact Dave is a whiny baby doesn't help me get back into them.

Well, say what you will, but "Return to Hangar" is still one of my favorite songs ever.

Megadeth and 2.gif were the two bands that really got me started on music way back when.

...and I still haven't seen either of them live.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 15 2007, 04:56 PM)
Got my ticket today for Heaven and Hell/Megadeth next Saturday nite cool.gif 1022.gif

Should be a great show!! 1287.gif

MEGADETH RULE!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/test4vitalsigns/BeavisButthead-01.gif

Killer show last night...Heaven and Hell was GREAT as well!

Had a blast as both bands played my fav tunes by them cool.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 25 2007, 08:01 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Mar 15 2007, 04:56 PM)
Got my ticket today for Heaven and Hell/Megadeth next Saturday nite  cool.gif  1022.gif

Should be a great show!!  1287.gif

MEGADETH RULE!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/test4vitalsigns/BeavisButthead-01.gif

Killer show last night...Heaven and Hell was GREAT as well!

Had a blast as both bands played my fav tunes by them cool.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Archived