Misheard Words

rickyrob

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we are in chat doing a listening party of Moving Pictures I was reminded of when I first started listening to limelight. I used to think it went

One must put up their rears to keep oneself in tact. rofl3.gif

sorta like this

http://www.soundstone.net/av/funny.jpg

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Nov 3 2005, 11:57 PM)
While we are in chat doing a listening party of Moving Pictures I was reminded of when I first started listening to limelight. I used to think it went

One must put up their rears to keep oneself in tact.  rofl3.gif

sorta like this

Kinda reminds me...

"Gastric Rhythms....Capture my farts, carry them in jars....."

QUOTE (Roger Clemente @ Nov 3 2005, 10:19 PM)

sorta like this

Kinda reminds me...

"Gastric Rhythms....Capture my farts, carry them in jars....."

laugh.gif tough times demand tough farts

bekloppt.gif Hi, Roger. Come and chat. 653.gif

One must put up their rears to keep oneself in tact. rofl3.gif

sorta like this

laugh.gif I didn't think it said this, but it always comes to mind: "One must put up deriers (French ? for ass) to keep oneself in tact."

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 3 2005, 10:27 PM)

sorta like this

laugh.gif I didn't think it said this, but it always comes to mind: "One must put up deriers (French ? for ass) to keep oneself in tact."

rofl3.gif that's even better!

come and chat, girlio! everyone's askin about cha! and we're listening to PeW smile.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 4 2005, 12:31 AM)

sorta like this

come and chat, girlio! everyone's askin about cha! and we're listening to PeW smile.gif

No Black Hole tonight, my friend. (Well, maybe if I can get the hubby to pass out.) wink.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 4 2005, 01:33 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 4 2005, 12:31 AM)

sorta like this

No Black Hole tonight, my friend. (Well, maybe if I can get the hubby to pass out.) wink.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

LMAO, I should check other posts before I post something just like it . . . .

I went nuts trying to figure out what Geddy could possibly mean by, "Everybody's got mixed feelings about the function and the farm" in Vital Signs. *sigh* Then I got all angsty because I felt that Neil was trying to rhyme "farm" and "norm," which I felt exceeded poetic license.

That reminds me of a "band" I was jamming with back in the early 80's that had an airhead-chick singer. She used to sing Tom Sawyer like "a monday warrior mean mean pride" and then on Jimi Hendrix' Purple Haze it was "excuse me while I kiss this guy" lmao rofl3.gif

Hahaha -- until I just read that I thought that's what he WAS saying. *sheepish*

I've always though that the lyrics in Subdivisions were:

"Any escape will help to prove the unattractive truth that the suburbs are no place to sooth the restless dreams of youth."

They are actually:

"Any escape might help to smooth the unattractive truth but the suburbs have no charms to soothe the restless dreams of youth."

Admitted, I think both of them work well.

Also, add my to the list of "Monday morning, mean mean pride" listeners.

I have just discovered a new one. I was listening to Cygnus X-1 the other day, and I could have SWORN he said, "Or through the asshole's door to soar." I was kind of . . . uh . . . did I miss something? What asshole?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 18 2004, 09:09 AM)
'A Monday warrior mean, mean stride.'

Hi. I'm new here. Nice to meet everyone. I had to laugh because just yesterday, these are the lyrics I was singing. I guess I should go look up the real ones. I always thought in Subdivisions he sang, "A quiet street on a quiet night." But then I got better earphones and thought he sang "A blited street on a quiet night." Now I watched the new DVD and I realize it is neither. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Joel-Ready-Mix @ Dec 5 2005, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Nov 18 2004, 09:09 AM)
'A Monday warrior mean, mean stride.'

Hi. I'm new here. Nice to meet everyone. I had to laugh because just yesterday, these are the lyrics I was singing. I guess I should go look up the real ones. I always thought in Subdivisions he sang, "A quiet street on a quiet night." But then I got better earphones and thought he sang "A blited street on a quiet night." Now I watched the new DVD and I realize it is neither. unsure.gif

laugh.gif "Lighted streets on quiet nights."

Welcome to The 2.gif Forum! trink39.gif

This is one of my favorite threads, because I don't feel so silly having misunderstood Geddy. smile.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Dec 5 2005, 08:46 PM)
When I was getting divorced from my first wife, whose mother hated me, I thought, appropriately, the words to Red Barchetta were:

Go screaming through the valley as Her Mother Joins the chase....

Ha-ha. That's prettyj good. cat.gif Wow this place has a great smiley-face selection! Mmmmm...Pepsi trink36.gif

This is just terrible, but I thought the second line from the chorus of 2112's "Temples of Syrinx" was:

We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx

offer gifts of life or Hell with it I won't wacko.gif

When Moving Pictures first came out one of the guys I used to hang with was convinced that in Tom Sawyer Geddy was singing................

"What you say about his company

is what you say about a soya bean"

kinda sums him up laugh.gif

Archived