Misheard Words

rickyrob

My friend told me he heard the following in Freewill for the longest time:

"I will chew dry atmosphere" as opposed to "I will choose a path that's clear"

I might add that my friend was pretty big into meterology...

From the same song, another misheard lyric for the same line:

"I will choose a bathysphere..." Deep sea diving anyone? laugh.gif

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'A Monday warrior mean, mean stride.'

Analog Kid.....one leg stuck between his feet... lol

I used thought those were the lyrics, too!!! I thought it was "The honest man will survive the night invasion...", but it was "suvive annihilation."

I can't say I ever really misheard words to Rush songs, I usually always had lyric sheets/songbooks and that sort of thing.

The two funniest ones I've seen on TRF are the "lemony cake" from Bastille Day, and this from Armor and Sword, "Battle flags are flownat the feet of a garden gnome."

While I never heard them this way before, I sure as hell sing them that way now, especially the lemony cake one. That is just too funny, especially because Geddy is shreiking it! Check it out on the third set from Different Stages...if you didn't know any better...

Chris

QUOTE (Syaoran_2001 @ Sep 2 2007, 10:57 AM)
In Tom Sawyer instead of "the world is, the world is," it always sounded to me like "no worries, no worries."

Haha! I used to think that too.

Also, on Bastille day, instead of "flaunt the flutes", I used to think it was "**** the flutes"

And on Far Cry, instead of "barking at strangers", I thought it was ****ing at strangers".

Wow, I'm wierd.

I always thought that in Time Stand Still he sang " Like some pilgrim who learns to trandsend, learns to live as if each step was a year/gift (or even "given") confused13.gif seeing this thread i've finally found out that its actually "Learns to live as if each step was the end." new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Ah, this is the perfect thread, because some of my favorite misunderstood lyrics of all time come from "Need Some Love"

Ooooh, I need some blood

I said I need some BLOOD!

Ooooh yes I need some blood

It's a feeling I get up the butt!!!

Oooh yeah!!!

hehehehe....

When I first listened to 'A Passage to Bangkok' (ages ago), I thought "Sweet Jamaican Pipe Dreams" was "Sweet, you're makin' baked beans!"

The other day, my family was listening to one of my Rush mix CDs while eating dinner. My 85 year old grandma thought that in the chorus to 'Animate' Geddy was singing "Chocolate Candy" laugh.gif

QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Sep 14 2007, 09:01 PM)
When I first listened to 'A Passage to Bangkok' (ages ago), I thought "Sweet Jamaican Pipe Dreams" was "Sweet, you're makin' baked beans!"

The other day, my family was listening to one of my Rush mix CDs while eating dinner. My 85 year old grandma thought that in the chorus to 'Animate' Geddy was singing "Chocolate Candy" laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

I have always misheard the following from Xanadu:

To stand within the pleasure dome,

Decreed by Kubla Kahn.

"To stand within the pleasure dome,

Decreed by Ku Klux Klan"

I am rather glad that it was a error on the part of my ear!

I love this thread (which explains why I started another one - didn't locate this one before!)

Laughing my head off...

I just remembered another:

"The odds get even, snakes on a plane"! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Although there was a bit of noise around when I first heard the song and line. tongue.gif

The second time it was said, I heard it correctly wink.gif

Archived