The weather thread

Tom Sawyer

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 27 2007, 03:30 PM)
3 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
sullysue, GhostGirl, -D-RocK-

bekloppt.gif

bekloppt.gif

Boy, do we wish we were you right now, D-Rock! laugh.gif

Oh, yeah.

*swelters*

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 27 2007, 10:19 PM)
Was Hot & Humid for the last 3 days But its done now storms are moving in !!! We have already had 3 sets of storms & more coming in I hope it don't cancel our fireworks unsure.gif

oh yeah!!

Canada Day is coming up!!

Methinks it's a good excuse to fire up the BBQ and have a party yes.gif

Maybe we'll roll June 30th into a 2day party since June 30th is the last day you can smoke here.

That's 2 good reasons for a party icon_alienjig.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 27 2007, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 27 2007, 10:19 PM)
Was Hot & Humid for the last 3 days But its done now storms are moving in !!! We have already had 3 sets of storms & more coming in I hope it don't cancel our fireworks  unsure.gif

oh yeah!!

Canada Day is coming up!!

Methinks it's a good excuse to fire up the BBQ and have a party yes.gif

Maybe we'll roll June 30th into a 2day party since June 30th is the last day you can smoke here.

That's 2 good reasons for a party icon_alienjig.gif

wink.gif trink39.gif I agree

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 27 2007, 03:26 PM)
Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain... you get the idea.  sarcasm.gif

It has let up today, but parts of Texas got close to a FOOT of rain yesterday.

We're in the southern and western quarter of an oblong-shaped region which stretches across northern Mississippi and Alabama, a small section of northwestern Georgia and south central Tennessee. This region is well below its average rainfall for the year.

U.S. Drought Monitor

We have a predicted high of 91F/33C today with a 30 percent chance of rain. What we've had in terms of rain has been helpful but not nearly enough to get us out of the hole.

What sully's been getting over in Texas seems to weaken when it gets here or not even get here at all.

If you're inclined to pray for things like rain, we'd appreciate the help!

Edited by skyswing

current temp in my hood 69 F

those storms that blew thru here yesterday really cooled things down a bit!!

i'll take it!

hey blonde? did ya'll have those fireworks?

we were going to go to the D to watch the works, but i was in A2 hangin with my oldest whose leaving today to go back to Toronto....

Edited by ladirushfan80

The forecast is calling for a good soaking here in NC on Saturday. An inch I think is what they think we'll get.

Way too many droughts going on.

Rain. sarcasm.gif

It's getting kinda scary now. But, here are some good tips:

If the road you usually drive on looks more like a river now, guess what? It's a river now. Don't drive in it. It's a river now.

If the sweet, romantic babbling creek that runs near your house looks more like a river now, guess what? It's a river now. Don't let your kids play in it. It's a river now.

If you see ANY water seeping under the front door of your house, leave. Don't wait until you have to climb on the roof and be rescued by helicopter. And, your dog can swim, but not that damned good! Bring him along.

I am dumbfounded by how many people have drowned in the past couple of weeks by being swept away in their cars or messing around in raging currents of water. fing.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jun 28 2007, 09:21 AM)
current temp in my hood 69 F

those storms that blew thru here yesterday really cooled things down a bit!!
i'll take it!

hey blonde? did ya'll have those fireworks?

we were going to go to the D to watch the works, but i was in A2 hangin with my oldest whose leaving today to go back to Toronto....

Going to 82 to-day No humidity thats nice yes.gif & yes the Fireworks were Great !!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 28 2007, 02:49 PM)

I am dumbfounded by how many people have drowned in the past couple of weeks by being swept away in their cars or messing around in raging currents of water. fing.gif

Aren't they the ones who get to star in World's Most Amazing Videos or something?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 28 2007, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 28 2007, 02:49 PM)

I am dumbfounded by how many people have drowned in the past couple of weeks by being swept away in their cars or messing around in raging currents of water.  fing.gif

Aren't they the ones who get to star in World's Most Amazing Videos or something?

laugh.gif

I believe so, yes. laugh.gif

I know rain like this isn't common in Texas. But apparently, neither is common sense. no.gif

I need to go off on this, because it just pisses me off. Why the hell would anyone think their car could make it across a street that crosses, and is being covered by, a raging flooded creek? "Oh, I think I can make it if I really gun it!" Stupid. Just plain stupid, these people. And, then you see them screaming and crying on the roofs of their cars. I just don't get it. wacko.gif

How come so much rain down there in Tejas Sue?

It's normally sweltering by this time isn't it?

Anyway,

Today at Diavik:

Sunny 19c/70f

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 28 2007, 10:19 AM)
How come so much rain down there in Tejas Sue?
It's normally sweltering by this time isn't it?

Anyway,
Today at Diavik:
Sunny 19c/70f

I live about two miles from Sullysue so I'll but in and answer. We have had rain almost every single day for over two months. In April, lake levels were anywhere from 15 to 19 feet low. Now we are at the point where some of the highways are being shut down due to flooding. One more good rain storm and this area could end up being declared a natural disaster. I'm not exaggerating either. Forecast calls for rain.

As the late great SRV would say, "it's flooding down in Texas............."

Yikes. I guess ya'll need pontoons on your cars.

That really sucks for you guys. I bet there are a lot of crankies down there now, eh? It would be fun to take a jet ski to work tho... 1022.gif

Yeah it pretty much sucks. At least it's not over 100 degrees like it usually is this time of year.

I don't know if you read sully's post about the idiot drivers but she's so right. These knuckle-heads are trying to drive through rushing water that's several feet deep. This is probably a sick thing to say but maybe they lost their lives due to natural selection.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 28 2007, 07:51 AM)
Yeah it pretty much sucks. At least it's not over 100 degrees like it usually is this time of year.

I don't know if you read sully's post about the idiot drivers but she's so right. These knuckle-heads are trying to drive through rushing water that's several feet deep. This is probably a sick thing to say but maybe they lost their lives due to natural selection.

Thats really scary. They most likely have their kids in the car with them.

I used to live in Tillamook, which is notorious for the flooding, thats why I could never live there again. I was always afraid of getting trapped in a flooding car. Now that I have my kids, thats an even worse fear.

I would be so afraid I wouldn't be able to save them.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jun 28 2007, 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 28 2007, 07:51 AM)
Yeah it pretty much sucks.  At least it's not over 100 degrees like it usually is this time of year.

I don't know if you read sully's post about the idiot drivers but she's so right.  These knuckle-heads are trying to drive through rushing water that's several feet deep.  This is probably a sick thing to say but maybe they lost their lives due to natural selection.

Thats really scary. They most likely have their kids in the car with them.

I used to live in Tillamook, which is notorious for the flooding, thats why I could never live there again. I was always afraid of getting trapped in a flooding car. Now that I have my kids, thats an even worse fear.

I would be so afraid I wouldn't be able to save them.

The flooding is worse down near Austin. I think 11 died in the Marble Falls area.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jun 28 2007, 09:55 AM)
I was always afraid of getting trapped in a flooding car.

Is there a worse nightmare than that?

Well, ya'll better take good care down there in Texas!!

Don't forget to wear your water wings when you head down to the corner store to get your evening newspaper!