The weather thread

Tom Sawyer

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool.gif 80 degrees, warm, sunny, slight breeze off the ocean....

WAKE UP!!!!

wacko.gif

unsure.gif

sad.gif Rain/Snow mix, wet, cold, and a new river in the back yard sad.gif

Wayyyy up here:

Cold today, temp really went down....

-22c

sunny

calm

Last day of work, hop on plane tomorrow and enjoy 2 weeks off....

MUAHAHAHAHAAAA....

Sunny and breezy and in the low 60's here. The big bad low pressure system swept through this area yesterday bringing a lot of rain and tornado watches.

Passengers are stranded at RDU Airport that have destinations in the northeast.

For us, we needed the rain desperately so something good has come out of it.

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 14 2007, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 14 2007, 01:52 PM)
We had a few tornadoes touch down last night.  Some were only five miles from my house.

Wow everyone ok ????

Thanks for asking but it's common down here. They just touched periodically. Nothing major.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Apr 16 2007, 10:54 AM)
We had a few tornadoes touch down last night.  Some were only five miles from my house.

Wow everyone ok ????

Thanks for asking but it's common down here. They just touched periodically. Nothing major.

You want to hear something crazy, B? I took the kids to the America's Incredible Pizza that just opened at Industrial and 183 Friday night. We were completely oblivious to what was going on outside until my Mom finally got through to me on my cell phone. The tornado sirens were going off here for a half an hour, and the people at Incredible Pizza didn't have us take any kind of cover. Meantime, my van got the crap beat out of it by softball-sized hail. My friend, Michelle, who was in town from California, walked out to find her rental car practically pulverized. Her windshield was smashed in, there were huge dents all over the place, and rain had soaked the hell out of everything in the car. We thought about filing a complaint, but thought since everyone was OK, it was actually a good thing the kids weren't aware of the scary weather. My middle kid would have had a break down if she knew how bad it was. She has nightmares about tornados. sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 16 2007, 12:31 PM)

Wow everyone ok ????

You want to hear something crazy, B? I took the kids to the America's Incredible Pizza that just opened at Industrial and 183 Friday night. We were completely oblivious to what was going on outside until my Mom finally got through to me on my cell phone. The tornado sirens were going off here for a half an hour, and the people at Incredible Pizza didn't have us take any kind of cover. Meantime, my van got the crap beat out of it by softball-sized hail. My friend, Michelle, who was in town from California, walked out to find her rental car practically pulverized. Her windshield was smashed in, there were huge dents all over the place, and rain had soaked the hell out of everything in the car. We thought about filing a complaint, but thought since everyone was OK, it was actually a good thing the kids weren't aware of the scary weather. My middle kid would have had a break down if she knew how bad it was. She has nightmares about tornados. sad.gif

Wow I am sure glad everyone was alright !! I don't get why no one was notified & did the Pizza place know this was going on Something I would look into as Next time someone else might not get as Lucky .Sure Glad you guys were ok !!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 16 2007, 10:31 AM)

Holy snappers!!

Maybe dealing with the cold ain't so bad after all.

Barrenlands NWT Canada:

temp: -20c

wind: 15kph ESE

w/chill -28c

partly cloudy

And as a side note, we took an ice measurement yesterday (Lac De Gras)......2.35 meters thick (roughly 7ft).

I'm not so sure the arctic is melting as fast as they say.

Goin' home today!.......two weeks of leisure time coming up! tongue.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 17 2007, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 16 2007, 12:31 PM)

Wow everyone ok ????

Wow I am sure glad everyone was alright !! I don't get why no one was notified & did the Pizza place know this was going on Something I would look into as Next time someone else might not get as Lucky .Sure Glad you guys were ok !!

ohmy.gif So glad you are all OK and the kids remained clueless of what was happening.

It's amazing the Pizza place didn't do more about it. As you said the most important thing was that everyone was OK. smile.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 18 2007, 01:03 PM)
Not as warm as it was yesterday But was ok high in the 50's but this Weekend we might see upper 60's So Snow Lord put yourself away for the season now ok  rofl3.gif  tongue.gif

I might if you buy me beers when I come to Toronto laugh.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif

46 and clear up here trink39.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 18 2007, 05:47 PM)
With or without the Beers my Friend your done for the season  laugh.gif  tongue.gif So put him away & find something new  rofl3.gif

don't piss him off unsure.gif rofl3.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif tongue.gif He has a strange way of hanging around if you know what I mean icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 18 2007, 10:50 PM)
With or without the Beers my Friend your done for the season  laugh.gif  tongue.gif So put him away & find something new  rofl3.gif

don't piss him off unsure.gif rofl3.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif tongue.gif He has a strange way of hanging around if you know what I mean icon_really_happy_guy.gif

he's right blonde...

it has been known to snow this late in april....

i have the pictures to prove it...

try to be nice for just a couple more weeks you two...

OK????

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Apr 18 2007, 05:55 PM)

he's right blonde...

OK????

laugh.gif

It wont matter LRF laugh.gif I am off to California tomorrow night and he will not be tagging along. blonde is on her own rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 18 2007, 11:02 PM)

he's right blonde...

OK????

laugh.gif

It wont matter LRF laugh.gif I am off to California tomorrow night and he will not be tagging along. blonde is on her own rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif biggrin.gif

Have a Great Time Troutman !! Picture's we want Picture's & I am not worried Ladi It's Spring by this weekend it will be in the 70's wink.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 19 2007, 04:25 AM)

he's right blonde...

OK????

laugh.gif

Have a Great Time Troutman !! Picture's we want Picture's & I am not worried Ladi It's Spring by this weekend it will be in the 70's wink.gif

THANKS smile.gif But why do you want to see women in bikinis when you can see them in the troutman's babes thread laugh.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Apr 19 2007, 10:07 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Apr 19 2007, 04:25 AM)

he's right blonde...

OK????

laugh.gif

THANKS smile.gif But why do you want to see women in bikinis when you can see them in the troutman's babes thread laugh.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif