The weather thread

Tom Sawyer

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW.. It turned to summer in a day.. 85 yesterday and the air full of smoke from the Arizona fires. Looks to be the same today by the sunrise of a burnt orange sky... sad.gif

It can't decide whether it wants to be rainy or sunny today...just Pick one!!!

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 27 2011, 06:43 PM)
Thought I would let all the northern folk know that we spent the day at the beach. Kids went into the shallow water - I sat in chair. Awesome weather day

That's cool. The first snowfall finished melting on Friday. I can only hope for another to come soon. I really can't wait to go skiing and play hockey on an outdoor rink again.

I'm about 30 miles from downtown San Diego,

and today it was 82 degrees. Tonite the low

will be in the mid 50's. Perfect fall weather.

We had a windstorm yesterday. People are saying it was the equivalent of a Category 1 hurricane. The police closed downtown cuz dozens of windows were getting blown out of the skyscrapers. All these humongous trees got ripped out of the ground & were lying on the highway. There were at least 3 semi trucks that got flipped over on the QEII. It was like something out of Inception.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 27 2011, 08:50 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 27 2011, 06:43 PM)
Thought I would let all the northern folk know that we spent the day at the beach.  Kids went into the shallow water - I sat in chair.  Awesome weather day

That's cool. The first snowfall finished melting on Friday. I can only hope for another to come soon. I really can't wait to go skiing and play hockey on an outdoor rink again.

Rained all day today and I can see my breath. Big change. 40s coming. Central Florida.

I'll admit I didn't read this whole thread and my answer is probably in there somewhere, but here goes. What is your favorite/most accurate weather site? I've been using Intellicast lately and it seems to have some good information on it.

QUOTE (Yooper @ Nov 28 2011, 10:45 PM)
I'll admit I didn't read this whole thread and my answer is probably in there somewhere, but here goes. What is your favorite/most accurate weather site? I've been using Intellicast lately and it seems to have some good information on it.

I usually just walk outside and try to predict it myself. I'm actually right a surprising percentage of the time.