The weather thread

Tom Sawyer

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My state needs to make up its mind. My horse has no winter coat and then it dropped into the thirties the other night and she nearly froze. Then it got hot, now it's in the thirties again. Today it was sunny and in the fifties. Gorgeous day. Edited by garbo

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Dec 1 2010, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Dec 1 2010, 05:18 AM)
The snow in the garden is knee deep, and it's still coming down!!!

You got my snow damn it..... ohmy.gif

rofl3.gif bekloppt.gif

I'd mail it to you, but there's postage delays...so it may take a while

It has snowed for 3 straight days here. We're up to about 90 cms (3 feet). It is supposed to continue tomorrow. This is a result of a 'snow squall', which is wind from the northwest, blowing over the warm water of Lake Huron and picking up moisture. Since it's cold enough, it is dumping it as snow in a localized section once it hits land. Half an hour west of here, they have no snow. At least we bought a snow blower this year. Since we have no place to go, let it snow...

QUOTE (rushforumnewuser @ Dec 7 2010, 07:57 PM)
It has snowed for 3 straight days here. We're up to about 90 cms (3 feet).  It is supposed to continue tomorrow.  This is a result of a 'snow squall', which is wind from the northwest, blowing over the warm water of Lake Huron and picking up moisture. Since it's cold enough, it is dumping it as snow in a localized section once it hits land.  Half an hour west of here, they have no snow.  At least we bought a snow blower this year.  Since we have no place to go, let it snow...

speaking of Lake effect snow.

I've brushed off about a foot of snow off my car since Monday, and about 5 inches after work everyday since Monday.

and another foot or so expected tonight. (not sure that that is in cm), then a few inches tomorrow, then a day or two without [much] snow then more snow.

hooray winter

angry.gif

No snow for the past week, but there's still a good four inches on the ground, which has now turned to ice!!! It's very slippery out.

It's been cold, and then warm, and then cold again, and then warm. wacko.gif

North Central Texas is a crazy place for weather, no matter what time of year it is. We get weather systems from all over the country pushed down on us, sometimes all at once.

The bugs are very confused. I just wish the wasps would die! I have grasshoppers trying to take shelter in my house.