Snakes on a plane

Tick

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 20 2006, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 19 2006, 02:07 AM)
My buddy sent a prank call to my cell phone yesterday.  Apparently you can go to a site and have it call someone's phone, and it can generate a personalized message with Samuel L. Jackson's voice, exhorting you to go see this movie.  I couldn't stop laughing as Jackson was telling me to go see it.  He said I need to get on the El and get my ass to the theater, etc.  I heard this is a form of what is known as "viral marketing."

Here's the link if you want to play a good prank on your friends:

http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

I think this is cool laugh.gif i do want to see this movie cause he is in it yes.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after all that hype, Snakes only pulled in a measley $13.8 million this week-end ($15.3 including Thursday) with ultra-wide distribution and a paltry $3,895 per theater average. For those who follow such things, it's not a very auspicious release for such a hugely-hyped movie.

My guess is the idea of seeing this movie in the end was a lot more appealing to a lot of people than actually seeing it. Kind of like, "Ooooh, a goofy movie with Samuel L. Jackson about Snakes on a Plane. Cool! I am SO there!" (one week later) "So what do you want to see? Snakes on a Plane?" "You know, on second thought, what the hell was I thinking??? "

tongue.gif

I caught Snakes on Friday. It was a fun and funny movie. It wasnt that bad, not nearly as bad as my friend and I expected. Dont go in with any expectations and you wont be dissapointed. It was stretched a bit long, could have been a 1.5 - 1.75 hour movie vs a 2 hour movie. Good stuff, go see it as a matinee or at the cheap seats when it gets there.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 20 2006, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Aug 19 2006, 02:07 AM)
My buddy sent a prank call to my cell phone yesterday.  Apparently you can go to a site and have it call someone's phone, and it can generate a personalized message with Samuel L. Jackson's voice, exhorting you to go see this movie.  I couldn't stop laughing as Jackson was telling me to go see it.  He said I need to get on the El and get my ass to the theater, etc.  I heard this is a form of what is known as "viral marketing."

Here's the link if you want to play a good prank on your friends:

http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

My friend sent this to me, it was great!!

I watched the trailers (sort of) and the video (sort of) but with a snake phobia, don't think I can do it. But...I love the title. It's fun. Unless you're on a plane....with snakes. Yikes. At first I thought they meant snakes as in mean people. <-:

Rattlers freed in "Snakes on a Plane" theater prank

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Life imitating art is all very well. Unless, that is, it's a movie about deadly snakes on the rampage.

Movie chain AMC Entertainment Inc. said pranksters at one of its Phoenix theaters released two live diamondback rattlesnakes during a showing of the film "Snakes on a Plane" last Friday. No one was injured.

AMC spokeswoman Melanie Bell said, "One was found in the parking lot during the show, and the other in the movie theater. They were both removed, and no one was harmed."

The snakes were later released in the desert

Bell had no further details.

The movie stars Samuel L. Jackson, and spins a yarn about a crate-load of escaped snakes that run amok on an airline flight, attacking passengers and crew.

"There were kids at the show, and it was actually very reckless," Russ Johnson, the president of the Phoenix Herpetological Society told Reuters.

"The snakes' bite carries a powerful venom that could have seriously injured someone," he added.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....&archived=False

***1st Planes NOW Movie theaters unsure.gif

http://www.heathersanimations.com/snakes/snake1.gif

bolt.gif

Oddly, I just posted this on the Ayn Rand thread...

QUOTE (Sweetmiracle @ Sep 16 2004, 06:23 PM)

Atlas Shrugged is my favorite. It's about what happens when all the bright, talented, motivated people go on strike.....

This has apparently already happened in Hollywood...

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 23 2006, 11:21 PM)
Rattlers freed in "Snakes on a Plane" theater prank

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Life imitating art is all very well. Unless, that is, it's a movie about deadly snakes on the rampage.

Wow...that's just evil....and...another reason I will be avoiding the movie. One time on Halloween a colleague's 12-year old son released a garter snake in the hallway outside our office door. I'm the one who found it, upon returning from a meeting. The poor thing was ushered back into the bag and released in the park.

I used to have a rubber rattlesnake as a kid, and one of my friends terrorized another friend with it. I think if there were real or fake snakes in the theatre I'd faint dead away. Snakes in the Theatre--the sequel. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

From Box Office Guru:

sophomore Snakes on a Plane was an inch behind with $6.2M tumbling 59% in its second weekend. Total stands at $26.3M. Final grosses look to reach $36-39M

Considering the production budget of $33 million, not including advertising, and the fact that the studio doesn't get all that money, this is NOT going to be a big money maker. Maybe after video sales and distribution rights they'll make a small profit. It must be a dissapointment to the studio, but really, to expect that a movie about snakes of a motherf*cking plane was gonna be huge seems a bit unrealistic. I really do think that the concept of seeing this movie was a lot more appealing to people than actually seeing it.

I hate that all the internet nerds that find it cool to cling to a horrible movie are giving it a 10 (out of 10) on IMDb. It currently has 13,106 votes of 10. Many of these are confirmed to be votes cast by a few people with many accounts.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 3 2010, 05:00 PM)
I just watched this, daft but not as stupid as I thought it'd be...

Obviously I wasn't in a hurry to watch it...

I like the movie, it fits nicely into the "good cheesy fun" category. I love when the guy lands the plane and exclaims: "F*ck Troy! That's right, he's my own brother and I said f*ck him!" Cracks me up every time.