Reality shows...

xredsectorx

does it bother anyone else that every freakin' time you turn on the tv it a reality show??? this band needs a new singer, these people wanna learn how to dance, these people claim that they have some talent, these people are "stranded" on an island somewhere "all alone" i mean, come on. i know there are people who find this stuff "entertaining" but i'm damn sure that there are just as many, or more, who find it a complete waste of money and tv airing time. what ever happend to having quality programing to watch? i've almost been divereted back to tvo kids for crying out loud, i'd rather watch arthur and his group of assorted animal friends roam around and get into trouble than some unknown singer/dancer/random talent/survivor person show off there skills. and if thats not bad enough, everybody has a reality show now!! like what ever happend to plot?? a story line?? GOOD ACTORS?? what is the world of tv comming to??

and enough with the singing already, yes, you people can sing, but stay home and sing for your grandparents or friends, not on tv for an hour everynight!!!

what about the rest of the band?? i guess bass/guitar/drum players are in plenty supply?? how bout a show where a band picks THE REST OF THE BAND!! NOT THE SINGER!! now that i might actually watch.

wow, that feels better. needed to get that off my chest. biggrin.gif

I think it's time for the trend to die a little; it's gotten out of hand. That said, I do watch some of them... perhaps for the same reason eskimos eat raw fish - it's the only thing on the menu.

My co-worker watches them all, including those dumb ones on VH1 like "My Fair Brady," "Flavor of Love," "Breaking Bonaduce" and "The Surreal Life." I don't know how she does it.

Another friend watches reality fare that's a little better than that, but still not the stuff I watch - Survivor, The Amazing Race, and the house show with "the mole."

I watch Idol and Rock Star, but I think the "reality" trend needs to end.

At the time I bought the first TV that cost more than my first car, I virtually stopped watching smile.gif But I do peek in a half hour a day at some movies or HD science shows. And I watched the NHL Playoffs...

The only latest reality tv Ive seen is some crazy show, Hell's Kitchen, where the head chef lambasts the poor chefs... hysterical.

I never liked them and the most popular ones are the worst culprits, Big Brother: hours and hours of watching not very interesting people, who mainly sleep, live in a house. Whoever watches the live feed are idiots, they're either asleep in the dark or if awake and talking the sound is mysteriously cut off...

The only TV show that's worse than a reality show is a late night TV shopping talkathon-style phone-in quiz, and a plethora of these seem to have taken over ITV and even channel 5 (UK TV channels) like a creeping plague... Thank God the ITV chief got sacked no wonder viewing figures are slumping and advertising revenue dwindling...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 11 2006, 10:55 PM)
I never liked them and the most popular ones are the worst culprits, Big Brother: hours and hours of watching not very interesting people, who mainly sleep, live in a house. Whoever watches the live feed are idiots, they're either asleep in the dark or if awake and talking the sound is mysteriously cut off...

i know, its brutal. like as much as i hate to say it, a show like the amazing race is kinda cool. watching people travel all over the world, getting hurt, lost, and fighting alot, its mildly entertaining. but as u mentioned, something like big brother, just a complete waste of my life. how can people find that entertaining?? it sure beats the hell out of me.

and now, every old sitcom star and every other old celebrity have there own show!! what is tv coming too?? even though you hated the show and the star the first time around, they dig them up and give them there own freakin tv show!! and the sad part is, people will actually watch!!!

i think i'll just revert back to TVO Kids. i can get more substance out of a half hour of the magic school bus or arthur that i can get it a whole night or reality shows!!!

Reality TV is the prophecy of Andy Warhol come to fruition:

"Everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes."

I used to watch The Osbournes; they were amusing. It made be realize you can live in Beverly Hills and still be trailer trash.

Gene Simmons show looks decent too, though his family is decidedly more normal. It looks more like an unscripted sitcom. For example, Shannon Tweed decided to hire a rabbi in an attempt to cajole Gene into a shotgun wedding at her birthday party. Gene almost left skid marks out of the room when the rabbi walked in.

QUOTE (Milton Banana @ Aug 14 2006, 12:40 AM)
Reality TV is the prophecy of Andy Warhol come to fruition:

"Everyone will be famous for fifteen minutes."

I used to watch The Osbournes; they were amusing. It made be realize you can live in Beverly Hills and still be trailer trash.

Gene Simmons show looks decent too, though his family is decidedly more normal. It looks more like an unscripted sitcom. For example, Shannon Tweed decided to hire a rabbi in an attempt to cajole Gene into a shotgun wedding at her birthday party. Gene almost left skid marks out of the room when the rabbi walked in.

I wish it was just 15 minutes...

laugh.gif

Well i am one that loves these show's and i can't wait for the end of Sept. when they start up again ! I should say i think it is the Amazing Race that starts on the the 21st of Sept. Then the others will start YAHOOOOOO laugh.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Aug 20 2006, 07:05 AM)
Well i am one that loves these show's and i can't wait for the end of Sept. when they start up again ! I should say i think it is the Amazing Race that starts on the the 21st of Sept. Then the others will start YAHOOOOOO laugh.gif

Once all my favorite reality shows ended for the summer, there was like nothing left to watch on tv. I'm eagerly awaiting the return of Survivor, The Apprentice, America's Next Top Model and American Idol. yes.gif

QUOTE (Maraca @ Aug 22 2006, 02:38 PM)
I like The Running Man. It's such a thrill seeing those criminals executed on live TV just when they think they're going to escape!!!

Yes, but it hasn't been the same since Richard Dawson's gone.

The most recent winner of American Idol, Taylor Hicks, made the list of the worst commercials - the one where he's dancing and singing about "possiblidies....." for Ford. His dancing is so embarrassing.

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Aug 23 2006, 03:20 PM)
I guess it's time to turn off the TV and open a book.

............or watch your favorite RUSH DVD.

That works for me! cool.gif

I don't get to watch TV very often, and when I do, it is not reality shows. I can't stand most of them. Give me a good documentary or movie on the IFC, or Stargate SG1....or...even better, Dr. Who. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif