You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

I agree with SpiritofRadio.

Staying with the subject of this thread: My biggie is that I get excited even at the smallest most minuscule relation to anything Rush.

2.gif wub.gif

QUOTE (Nickslikk2112 @ Dec 22 2006, 08:12 PM)
You don't care when people say the next Rush album will be shit, because they are right! As a true Rush fan you know it has all been downhill since Caress of Steel, and that anybody whose favourite Rush album comes from after 1980 is a poseur

Haha.....you think like me!!! Make a completely rediculous statement and watch everyone go ape sh*t over it.

We both have the same sick sense of humor!

QUOTE (Nickslikk2112 @ Dec 22 2006, 07:12 PM)
You don't care when people say the next Rush album will be shit, because they are right! As a true Rush fan you know it has all been downhill since Caress of Steel, and that anybody whose favourite Rush album comes from after 1980 is a poseur

laugh.gif

When you make a custom Monopoly board with properties such as:

Lakeside Park

Geddy Lee Avenue

Neil Peart Lane

Alex Lifeson Street

The Fountain of Lamneth

Temple of Syrinx

Xanadu

And instead of Chance and Community Chest, you have:

Ghost of a CHANCE

The Big Wheel

Instead of jail, you have:

GO TO THE NECROMANCER'S LAIR. GO DIRECTLY TO HIS LAIR. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200!!!

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Aug 20 2006, 09:49 PM)
You know you're a Rush fan when you record snippets of songs as WAV files and use them as the default sounds on your computer.

(When I minimize windows, Geddy sings, "Put him down as arrogant" and when I bring the window back up, he sings "Growing up," and then I go into a Subdivisions spiel. I love my recorder...)

How do you record stuff in windows?

1. When you have the Star man tattoo on your right shoulder, and the dragon from vapor trails on the other.

2. when you try to name your son "Alex Geddy Lee Neil", and when that's not allowed by your wife you try the middle name "Rush" and when that's still not allowed, settle on just "Alex".

3. Collect of 300 Rush T shirts, and only ever wear them and no other top, sadly, I have to adnit I have been doing this since I was 16, and that was way back in '81 !!!

4. Have a personal collection of ticket stubs from each UK Tour since '74

5. Only use the "down stairs" toliet at home because there is a large hand signed power windows framed poster in there to look at when pee'ing!

6. Have your missus wear a Rush T shirt in bed (to give you something to look at when she turns with her back to you in the early hours

7. Am I obsessed?!!

8. Should I be worried.

9. Knowing that every one you know, knows that you are a Rush fan, including you bosses, your kids teachers, your In-laws, well any one who knows you really..

10 I could go on, but shouldn't in case I get sectioned 2.gif

- You always send Rush songs to your friends on MSN, especially if they've told you they don't like Rush.

All of these apply to me...

You intentionally keep your music collection at 2112 Songs, deleting ones you don't listen to when you want to add more so as not to change that number.

Your username on the Thinkpad Forum (forum.thinkpads.com) is "RUSH2112"

You insist on buying every Rush CD/DVD even though you will/have pirate/ed them.

You flipped out in joy when Family Guy aired the Cheetos/Neil Peart/Tom Sawyer reference.

You instantly feel a need to befriend anyone who is even close to being as big of a Rush fan as you. Conversely, you want to (do?) strangle anyone who makes the slightest criticism of Rush.

You drool at the R30 video for "Der Trommler"

You are morally opposed to bumper stickers, but put a Rush bumper sticker on your car.

You quote Rush in philosophical arguments/discussions.

You have converted two or more people into Rush fans.

EDIT: Forgot this one - While singing along to Rush, you tend to take on Geddy's facial expressions.

EDIT 2: A few more

You bought/want to buy $700 Fisheye Lens for your camera because of the line "Living in a fisheye lens"

You have a need to crank the volume to dangerously loud levels when your favorite Rush songs come on (the one that I jump to off the top of my head for me is 2112 Overture)

The first thing you think about when you see dice is "Roll the Bones"

When you see the Soviet Red Star, you don't think of Communism, but you picture it with a man in front, arms outstretched in resistence.

Xanadu got you into Romantic Era Poetry

You bought a world map to look for "Xanadu" or "River Alph"

You are perfectly straight, but have a man-crush on Geddy/Alex/Neil

You have broken at least one item while drumming to Peart

You can sing word for word at least 15 Rush songs

You named your dog By-Tor

You have been known to sing instrumentals such as YYZ

You refrenced "Manhattan Project" in a report about the real thing

"Prime Mover" has made you read at least one article about the ancient theological deity the Prime Mover

Whenever your head starts hurting, the first thing to come to mind is "My Favorite Headache"

Someone has pointed to the sky, telling you to look at the plane's vapor trails, and you started thinking about the album.

2112 Overture/R30 Overture got you into Tchaikovsky with 1812 Overture

Edited by mfratt

You go to a lamer party just for the beer, and sabotage their CD player with 2.gif Hoping they'll like it, but you know they won't, you watch them rip it out and ask, "Who's is this?". Then later put it back in when know one's looking and watch pure chaos insue...

Someone you're driving with is trying to find a radio station and you hear 2.gif and they keep going up the dial to some rap. You say, "let me out at the next stop", even though it's 4 more miles. 1022.gif

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Feb 9 2007, 06:05 PM)
QUOTE (Finbar @ Jan 25 2007, 03:19 PM)
- You always send Rush songs to your friends on MSN, especially if they've told you they don't like Rush.

I've done that many times.

I think I sent a kid 2112 once. wacko.gif

You want to be really evil? Set "2112" as someone's default sound to everything the computer does - then disable the soundcard. Can you say slowdown? biggrin.gif

You have a bad cold and get into an elevator with a gorgeous woman and Barry Manilow is playing on the speaker. Even though the woman is looking right at you, nuclear snot blasts out of your face. 2.gif 1022.gif

You're sprung on this girl and it's Valantines Day, so you decide to get her a single red rose and a CD of 2.gif . She then flings it like a frisbee into the drink. Torqued off, you throw HER in the drink. 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 26 2007, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Jul 31 2006, 11:59 PM)
5. You think jazz is weird.

no.gif

Oh, she's talking about the breakdown on La Villa Strangiato on Rush in Rio! laugh.gif

"That's jazz! Jazz.. is.. weird."

If you buy products marked at $21.12 no matter what the product is.

If you've edited any Rush related article at Wikipedia

If you have 2112 friends on MySpace

If you hear Rap/Hip-Hop Rush tribute songs and cry, and vow vengence

If you've downloaded every Rush desktop from Powerwindows (Rush fan Site)

You synch up Rivendell or the Necromancer with Lord of The Rings with the volume down and try to find simularities