You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 2 2007, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (The Captain @ Jun 25 2007, 10:42 PM)
In high school you tried to get your english teacher to use Neil's lyrics as an example of poetry

In my freshman year in HS, we read Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities, and on the back of our test over the scene where the Bastille is stormed, I wrote all the lyrics to "Bastille Day" and got extra credit!  653.gif

In an acting class we had to do a spoken word piece...So, I read "Red Barchetta". It blew the teacher away. He asked who wrote that great piece of work. He just about had to pick his jaw up off the ground when I told him they were lyrics to a Rush song.

Same here. I read Time Stand Still on the last day of school.

You know youre a Rush fan when you turn off your radio and put your windows down while driving so you can hear the mechanical music, but within 30 seconds, you're itching to listen to Red Barchetta.

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Jul 2 2007, 11:06 PM)
When the album, 2.gif Snakes and Arrows, plays in your head all day at work. 1022.gif

This is a great thread...

I am such a Rush geek.

I have been spinning S&A since the beginning of May.

I wake up in the morning and there is always an S&A song in my head.

You know you are a Rush fan...

when your wife is asking you to come to bed (and not to go to sleep) and you, instead, stay downstairs writing posts on TRF.

(BTW, she is pissed again, tonight. The L.A. shows cannot come fast enough for her - no pun intended.)

you wake up and think...whats going to be my fav album for today.

you replay certain parts to catch every beat played my neil

if you dont "hate" any of their songs...just dont care for

if you cant sleep a week before a concert

if you cant sleep the night before an album hits the shelves

or if you wonder when the cd will come predating the release....cuz your in the fan club

QUOTE (YYZ Working Man @ Aug 1 2006, 03:36 PM)

You try to grow your nose like Geddy Lee's

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA

oh my god

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

You know you're a Rush fan when you see them in concert and it makes you feel happy to be alive. And when you laugh at jokes about Geddy's fantastic nose!

Edited by GeddysMullet

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Aug 20 2006, 09:49 PM)
You know you're a Rush fan when you record snippets of songs as WAV files and use them as the default sounds on your computer.

(When I minimize windows, Geddy sings, "Put him down as arrogant" and when I bring the window back up, he sings "Growing up," and then I go into a Subdivisions spiel. I love my recorder...)

Okay, so I know this is from like, FOREVER ago, but I really, really, really, really, REALLY wanna know: How do you do that??? You guys are so awesome for thinking of it!!!

All who know how to do this:

653.gif

Me:

comp26.gif

You know you're a Rush fan when every time the announcer in the Toyota ad mentions that the car has power windows, you think how it would be nice if cars really did come with Rush albums. yes.gif

You know you're a 2.gif Fan...

If you look like this...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/RushFan.jpg

Tortoise 1287.gif

Edited by Tortoise and Hare

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Aug 19 2007, 11:20 PM)
You know you're a 2.gif Fan...
If you look like this...
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/RushFan.jpg

Tortoise 1287.gif

z7shysterical.gif

...When every time you go to the music store and check the Rush section even though you have every album... Just to see if their selection is adequate.

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 20 2007, 07:33 PM)
...When every time you go to the music store and check the Rush section even though you have every album... Just to see if their selection is adequate.

yes.gif Guilty as charged!!!

Tortoise 1287.gif

11. Neil is the best drummer, hands down (he is!). And no bassist will ever out-bass Geddy (they won't!).

Only Jaco can but even gets a run for his money.

you know you are a rush dork when

1 you can use rush lines as pick up lines

2 You enjoy soup before a band rehearsal/ or jam thing

3 You yell "play Far Cry" insted of Freebird.

4 You go to Wal Mart at midnight and get the new album for the next day for the bus ride to and from school.

5 you are argue with against a fool to get them to see how great Rush is from your point of veiw.

5 Use Bastille Day lyrics as a study guide for French Revolution test.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 19 2007, 11:51 AM)
You know you're a Rush fan when every time the announcer in the Toyota ad mentions that the car has power windows, you think how it would be nice if cars really did come with Rush albums. yes.gif

Mine did! The guy who was detailing it before they put it on the showroom floor inadvertently left his copy of "Roll the Bones" in the CD player. Imagine my joy the first time I took it out for a test drive...I turn on the stereo and "Bravado" floods the interior. We will pay the price, but we will not count the cost.

I was so sold.

New criterion: You know you're a Rush fan when the deciding factor in your purchase of an expensive car is the fact that it played the right music when you test drove it.

• Like 1