You know you're a Rush fan when...

fledgehog

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 1 2006, 02:47 PM)
5. You freak out at anything related to the number 2112
7. If you know what Neil says at the beginning of Alien Shore

I do #5 all the time...

and um...what does Neil say at the beginning of Alien Shore? confused13.gif

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Aug 20 2006, 09:49 PM)
You know you're a Rush fan when you record snippets of songs as WAV files and use them as the default sounds on your computer.

(When I minimize windows, Geddy sings, "Put him down as arrogant" and when I bring the window back up, he sings "Growing up," and then I go into a Subdivisions spiel. I love my recorder...)

The bit from 2112 - "We have assumed control..." would be a great Windows start-up sound, wouldn't it?

QUOTE (Maddy @ Sep 28 2006, 07:24 PM)
You know you're a Rush fan when you record snippets of songs as WAV files and use them as the default sounds on your computer.

(When I minimize windows, Geddy sings, "Put him down as arrogant" and when I bring the window back up, he sings "Growing up," and then I go into a Subdivisions spiel. I love my recorder...)

The bit from 2112 - "We have assumed control..." would be a great Windows start-up sound, wouldn't it?

Well, when the computer pops up an error message, it says "Attention all planets of the Solar Federation." It scares me every single time! My Windows startup is the opening of Mission. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Oct 22 2006, 09:14 PM)

Well, when the computer pops up an error message, it says "Attention all planets of the Solar Federation." It scares me every single time! My Windows startup is the opening of Mission. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

How do you change the music for startup?

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Nov 10 2006, 12:35 PM)

you go to Control Panel, click on the Sounds icon, click on the Sounds tab, go the the sound you want to replace, click on it, Browse for a new file, select it, and Apply to keep it. Simple, huh? tongue.gif

Yeah, and it's even sadder when n00bs go around saying that Rush sucks, just because they haven't taken the time to truly appreciate the music.

ranton.gif Just because a band doesn't have controversy doesn't mean that it's inferior to those who do. Quite the contrary, in my humble opinion. rage.gif rantoff.gif

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Nov 12 2006, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Nov 10 2006, 12:35 PM)

you go to Control Panel, click on the Sounds icon, click on the Sounds tab, go the the sound you want to replace, click on it, Browse for a new file, select it, and Apply to keep it. Simple, huh? tongue.gif

I figured out how to do it like right after I made that post. But I'm too lazy to edit. Now I got 4 seconds of Beyond This Life solo by Dream Theater. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Nov 12 2006, 03:13 PM)
Yeah, and it's even sadder when n00bs go around saying that Rush sucks, just because they haven't taken the time to truly appreciate the music.

ranton.gif Just because a band doesn't have controversy doesn't mean that it's inferior to those who do. Quite the contrary, in my humble opinion. rage.gif rantoff.gif

I hate that too. Everyone at my school will say that even though they never gave a listen.

When you play Rush so often your kids (3rd & 7th grade) know which song is coming on after listening to just a few notes.

When you name your dog By-Tor. Had to change the name as everyone thought we were saying the dog was a biter! Stupid people. 2.gif

I plan on giving my next pet a Rush-oriented name. I wanted to name the cat Lamneth, but my parents said no. So her name is Peppermint.

I know I'm a RUSH fan if: (these are all true of me)

1. Walk into a music store, see a 2007 Rush official calender and buy it without even looking at the price. This applies to all RUSH stuff.

2. You have 1700 songs on your iPod and often you listen to nothing else but Rush.

3. You get shivers when your subway train stops at "ROSEDALE" and immediately look around for signs of Geddy.

4. You scroll through your iPod song list and find 2-3 copies of the same, from 2-3 different concerts.

5. You turn up any radio that has RUSH playing and don't care if the teacher or other students yell at you.

6. You sing along to the instrumental parts

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Edited by PriestOfSyrinx

4. You scroll through your iPod song list and find 2-3 copies of the same, from 2-3 different concerts.

In regards to this: I have every Rush album, in full, on my hard drive, and there are so many copies of Closer to the Heart and Working Man that half of them are corrupted files because they all have the same name. It's kinda funny.

[There are 14 C2tH's: 8 studio/live versions, and 6 MIDI sequences...]

2.gif

you know exactly the words to sing during the R30 Overture as they go from one song to the other, and you know EXACTLY which part they started in the song...and the 20,000 people around you sing just as loud...

2.gif is it!!!

QUOTE (Nickslikk2112 @ Dec 22 2006, 07:12 PM)
You don't care when people say the next Rush album will be shit, because they are right! As a true Rush fan you know it has all been downhill since Caress of Steel, and that anybody whose favourite Rush album comes from after 1980 is a poseur

ARE YOU SH!TTING ME!!!

I can name at LEAST five good albums after 1980-

-Moving Pictures. Best album IMO.

-Power Windows. Come on, gotta love it. Big Money? Manhattan Project? Marathon? Territories? Mystic Rhythms?

-A Show of Hands. IMO one of the best live records out there.

-Counterparts. One of the albums I could listen to from start to finish a million times over.

-Hold Your Fire. So many greats on that.

Sure, I'm as big a Rush fan as the next guy, I've seen the twice and have all of their albums and DVDs. Does that make me a poser? No! And I love RUSH, Fly By Night, COS, 2112, All the World's a Stage... I could go on naming them forever (with year of release and track date/number). Hell, I bought Archives on record SOLELY b/c I love Rush so much (and because I'm a record collector, and that's a nice set).

Edited by SpiritofRadio