last song/riff/rhythm learned?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 4 2007, 05:53 PM)
At the first rehearsal for the band I've joined, I was told, for the next one, to make sure I knew Doctor Doctor (UFO), Paradise City (GnR), Deuce (Kiss) and Tie Your Mother Down (Queen)

Excellent choices, and all pretty easy on the bass yes.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 4 2007, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 4 2007, 05:53 PM)
At the first rehearsal for the band I've joined, I was told, for the next one, to make sure I knew Doctor Doctor (UFO), Paradise City (GnR), Deuce (Kiss) and Tie Your Mother Down (Queen)

Excellent choices, and all pretty easy on the bass yes.gif

Deuce gave me a few problems but that's mainly because I'm not a Kiss fan and hadn't heard it before.

Paradise City came together when I got off my arse and bought Appetite For Destruction (not a GnR fan either) to refresh my memory about how it went.

QUOTE (AnalogAlex @ Dec 6 2007, 12:24 AM)
Panacea.. Caress of steel was a good album smile.gif

Agreed great album. I've been thinking about learning that part too recently... I got B.P. down perfect so thought about moving on to a different part... Then I got distracted by Hemispheres and The Camera Eye.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Dec 5 2007, 04:57 PM)
Been working on The Camera Eye solo... Not quite as difficult as I expected. But I should shut my mouth. The next part is probably the part that catches me out. laugh.gif

To play The Camera Eye, you need a guitar some serious sustain. I'm referring to the early part of the song where the synth plays the repeating eight notes and Alex strikes a D-flat note or whatever, and it just rings for about four measures without decaying.

Well, I just bought my first bass (5-String OLP) about 5 months ago and I just finally mastered "Roll the Bones" and "The Pass" a few days ago. The first song I learned on bass was my most favorite Rush song, "Middletown Dreams"...

I have been playing guitar for 15+ years and just recently picked up a bass. IT"S A BLAST!!!!

Roll the Bones is by far the most fun though, and with a 5-string you can do the low notes during the rap part laugh.gif