Blue Öyster Cult

*Limelight*

Secret Treaties is a phenomenal album. I have seen them a dozen or so times, lately at festivals and little dive bars. Cultosaurus Erectus is one of my favorite albums. About fifteen years ago I saw them do the Vigil and Lips in the Hills. One of the greatest Rock bands ever IMO.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Nov 22 2010, 08:30 PM)
Secret Treaties is a phenomenal album. I have seen them a dozen or so times, lately at festivals and little dive bars. Cultosaurus Erectus is one of my favorite albums. About fifteen years ago I saw them do the Vigil and Lips in the Hills. One of the greatest Rock bands ever IMO.

Secret Treaties! biggrin.gif Man, you guys are reminding me how awesome BOC is. I'll think I'll be listening more! I saw them live at a club in Danbury, CT and Buck Dharma signed my Secret Treaties LP smile.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Nov 22 2010, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Nov 22 2010, 08:30 PM)

Secret Treaties! biggrin.gif Man, you guys are reminding me how awesome BOC is. I'll think I'll be listening more! I saw them live at a club in Danbury, CT and Buck Dharma signed my Secret Treaties LP smile.gif

Sweet! Buck Dharma is a real cool guy. I met him after a show in upstate NY a bunch of years back. Those first three albums are amazing. Transmaniacon...Redeemed...The Red and the Black...OD'd on Life...and the Harvester/Telepaths/Astronomy are killer. I know what I am listening to tonight. It gonna be good!

Also a worthy mention for the very underated 'Heaven Forbid', it aint half bad (no really Earl, it sooooooo is yes.gif biggrin.gif). I'm counting 4 outright gems on this and well, the rest is pretty much throwaway. But I get that a lot with BOC as it goes.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Nov 23 2010, 08:30 PM)
Also a worthy mention for the very underated 'Heaven Forbid', it aint half bad (no really Earl, it sooooooo is yes.gif biggrin.gif). I'm counting 4 outright gems on this and well, the rest is pretty much throwaway. But I get that a lot with BOC as it goes.

Live for me and Harvest Moon are fantastic songs.

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Nov 24 2010, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Nov 23 2010, 08:30 PM)
Also a worthy mention for the very underated 'Heaven Forbid', it aint half bad (no really Earl, it sooooooo is  yes.gif  biggrin.gif).  I'm counting 4 outright gems on this and well, the rest is pretty much throwaway.  But I get that a lot with BOC as it goes.

Live for me and Harvest Moon are fantastic songs.

yes.gif 2 of them right there.

bumper.gif

Doing some diggin' tonight biggrin.gif But this one is SO worthy guys. Come on, more BOC talk is needed here!! trink38.gif

This post is from ColdFireYYZ smile.gif

"The only part of Mirrors I really enjoyed was The Vigil. The rest wasn't bad, but compared to other albums it wasn't too good. So far, I've heard everything up until Fire of Unknown Origin.

My rankings are:

BOC - 8.5/10

Tyranny and Mutation - 9/10

Secret Treaties - 9/10

On Your Feet or On Your Knees - 8/10

Agents of Fortune - 9/10

Spectres - 8.5/10

Mirrors - 6/10

Cultosaurus Erectus - 8/10

Fire of Unknown Origin - 8.5/10

Overall, I found them to be relatively consistent. The 1st three albums are my favorites".

Thanks, interesting. I would shoot for 'BOC', 'Fire' and 'Secret Treaties' as my faves. I've heard all of their material. Would like to know what you think of 'Heaven Forbid' when possible.

I'm gonna join in on the BOC-fest and put on Spectres. Today seems like a good day for some BOC and Styx.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 24 2010, 01:21 PM)
1022.gif

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x243/dam-66/BlueOysterCult-CultosaurusErectus-9.jpg

This and Fire of Unknown Origin are my favorites. I was on a BOC kick last week.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Mar 2 2011, 02:55 AM)
bumper.gif

Doing some diggin' tonight biggrin.gif But this one is SO worthy guys. Come on, more BOC talk is needed here!! trink38.gif

This post is from ColdFireYYZ smile.gif

"The only part of Mirrors I really enjoyed was The Vigil. The rest wasn't bad, but compared to other albums it wasn't too good. So far, I've heard everything up until Fire of Unknown Origin.

My rankings are:
BOC - 8.5/10
Secret Treaties - 9/10
Agents of Fortune - 9/10
Spectres - 8.5/10
Mirrors - 6/10

Overall, I found them to be relatively consistent. The 1st three albums are my favorites".

Thanks, interesting. I would shoot for 'BOC', 'Fire' and 'Secret Treaties' as my faves. I've heard all of their material. Would like to know what you think of 'Heaven Forbid' when possible.

I just listened to the samples on Amazon for Heaven Forbid, and I was impressed. Harvest Moon sounded great. I will buy this soon for sure.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Mar 3 2011, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Mar 2 2011, 02:55 AM)
bumper.gif

Doing some diggin' tonight  biggrin.gif  But this one is SO worthy guys.  Come on, more BOC talk is needed here!!  trink38.gif

This post is from ColdFireYYZ  smile.gif

My rankings are:
BOC - 8.5/10
Secret Treaties - 9/10
Agents of Fortune - 9/10
Spectres - 8.5/10
Mirrors - 6/10

I just listened to the samples on Amazon for Heaven Forbid, and I was impressed. Harvest Moon sounded great. I will buy this soon for sure.

That's great. I count 5 essential gems on there. Ok, I'll confess I sold it on but not before ripping those. Talking about underated...as far as the BOC back catalogue, this album could be #1 contender. I hardly see it mentioned on here anyway. Be sure to get back and list your standouts trink38.gif