Swimming

MikeEdisonBaggins

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jul 3 2006, 06:28 AM)
Yeh i thought Chaotica said ther was 1 cause she bought a new bathing suit to go swimming there Enjoy Your Concert guys & gals it will be a bit lonely here with out you all !! sad.gif

Next year blonde, and God willing, there will be a concert to go along with the 'con!

We'll think of you often, and we'll raise a glass in your honour, but we know that you'll be entertained by our lovely friends here! yes.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 3 2006, 09:24 PM)
Yeh i thought Chaotica said ther was 1 cause she bought a new bathing suit to go swimming there Enjoy Your Concert guys & gals it will be a bit lonely here with out you all !! sad.gif

Next year blonde, and God willing, there will be a concert to go along with the 'con!

We'll think of you often, and we'll raise a glass in your honour, but we know that you'll be entertained by our lovely friends here! yes.gif

Yeah we will keep her safe and entertained Sunny . Please raise your glass for me on a couple as I really wish I could be there but I am crossing my fingers that I will be there for RUSHCON 7 trink39.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 3 2006, 04:24 AM)

Do you mean a Rush concert??? Are they ususally so kind as to schedule the Toronto show around a RushCon? Or has this even happened coincidentally??? That would just be the coolest!!!

Ugh--there'll be the need for passports next year???

yea Mike, by pure happenstance (AFAIK), Rush tours & stops in Toronto have coincided with 2 RushCons so far.

The VT stop in TO for RC II & the R30 stop in TO for RC IV...

there were so many RC peeps in the front section of the R30 show... It was GREAT! We all had SUCH a blast!

and yes. due to the U.S.'s ever growing security phobia, passports are becoming the ONLY document that will get you through customs with the least amount of hassle (if at all). At the moment, the minimum documentation you'll need is an official state-issued I.D. AND an ORIGINAL, CERTIFIED birth certificate proving you are a U.S. citizen in order to just get on a plane going into Canada...

If you do not have a passport yet, I HIGHLY recommend getting one. It's not difficult and the prices are seriously getting jacked on them as time goes on and more 'checks' are added and the demand skyrockets as we are basically forced to get them...

besides... once you have a passport, you can travel to ANY country in the world practically (somehow, I don't think I'll be traveling to Afghanistan or Iraq anytime soon, however)...

I now have mine and can't wait to use it... Canada (rightly so, eh) will be the country that de-virginizes it in 2 weeks. After that, it's Australia or Ireland or New Zealand...

Uh-oh, the old birth certificate thing.

Can anyone clarify FOR SURE as to what kind of birth certificate will get you onto a plane bound for Canada?

I have a CERTIFIED COPY. It has a stamp and a seal in different coloured ink and raised lettering and everything. Is this okay?

yes.

That's the minimum allowable I was refering to... I had to order a CERTIFIED COPY from California last year so I could get my passport as I misplaced or lost my original somehow... doh.gif

while you can't use a copy of that for traveling, I recommend making one for your records just in case the original gets lost WHILE traveling...

QUOTE (different strings @ Jul 3 2006, 07:54 AM)

Yeah we will keep her safe and entertained Sunny . Please raise your glass for me on a couple as I really wish I could be there but I am crossing my fingers that I will be there for RUSHCON 7 trink39.gif

Consider it done! trink39.gif

QUOTE (MikeEdisonBaggins @ Jul 3 2006, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jul 3 2006, 04:24 AM)

Do you mean a Rush concert??? Are they ususally so kind as to schedule the Toronto show around a RushCon? Or has this even happened coincidentally??? That would just be the coolest!!!

Ugh--there'll be the need for passports next year???

yes.gif 2 summers ago, the R30 tour, the Sunday cruise DOCKED at the show! And prior to that, the VT tour and RCII coincided. Sadly, I had never HEARD of Rushcon before last summer, but when I arrived at the R30 show, we saw the boat docked and the peeps disembarking! Way cool!

See you in 11 days! bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (LaFellaStrangiato @ Jul 3 2006, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Jul 3 2006, 02:23 AM)
Yes, there is a pool there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v671/oceansflow/04095_g1.jpg

There's swimming at RushCon?

I guess Hippies don't get an All-Access Pass! wink.gif

Yeah, Mike wants to go skinny dipping! common001.gif

Just packed my camera new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Trace @ Jul 4 2006, 04:50 AM)

common001.gif Yesssss - I want a pose by the palm tree's Mike!!!!!!!!!

<-----cleaning the lens of camera for clarity

QUOTE (different strings @ Jul 3 2006, 08:54 PM)

As I said before ds, NEXT YEAR we will INVADE the Western Hemisphere for Rushcon and/or any tours! 2.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 2.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Jul 4 2006, 07:58 AM)

blush4.gif

"I swear, it was like THIS LONG a minute ago!!!"

[holds up both hands]

"The water was COLD!!!"

doh.gif

QUOTE (MikeEdisonBaggins @ Jul 4 2006, 10:45 AM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Jul 4 2006, 07:58 AM)

blush4.gif

"I swear, it was like THIS LONG a minute ago!!!"

[holds up both hands]

"The water was COLD!!!"

doh.gif

Ahhhhhh yes, the famous "shrinkage" factor.

Geez if I had a nickle for.....ahem.......nevermind doh.gif oops.gif

QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Jul 4 2006, 02:54 AM)
Trace packed her camera?  Uh oh!

*unpacks swimsuit*

R-B

I'm packing my swimsuit because Trace is bringing her camera!!!

I don't wanna get caught on camera with a case of shrinkage, now!

RB--I like your style though! Go for it babeh!!!

OMG. The guy I'm sharing a room with for half the Con is now thinking I'm some hot skinny-dipping chick!

Sorry.

The "unpacks swimsuit" is more of an "uh oh I'm not letting anyone take pics of THIS morbidly obese body at the pool" ...

Hm. Trace, RG, should I report on any pre-pool-shrinkage stray glimpses that may occur? rofl3.gif "Oops, sorry Mike, didn't know you were in here. Honest!"

R-B

who may say the heck with it, let folks look in the other direction if they need to ...

Archived