The Vegas Thread

Arndrake

I just returned from a three day stay at Vegas. Since Geds is currently down there for a week, I figure he will probably post some of his experiences as well. So why not have a thread where we can discuss the experiences? Anybody who has been to Vegas wanna share your stories?

I went down for a bowling tournament. The bowling league I am a member of has been preparing for this all season, bowling to establish average, submitting a little bit of money each week for the trip and tournament. We had a blast and I bowled one of the best series I ever had.

In the end, I lost $400, but I had fun. I bowled, gambled, played cards, drank (and I rarely drink), ate (a little), but didn't sleep. In fact, I cat napped most of the time.

The only negative I had to deal with was at the stud poker table, which was mostly populated by old people. I do have a tendency to get a little whiny when I lose, so when my decent hands were getting crushed, some old lady kept telling me my hands were not that good. That was a little irritating, especially when she was winning with weaker hands. Not to mention the fact that all the old farts were playing more straightforward, betting their strong hands very hard. This is counter-intuitive to how I learned poker, which is to bet slightly weaker with your strong hands to get paid off and bet strong with weak hands to protect them.

But all in all, it was a great time. And I plan to go back next year. The bowling tournament was especially great. Out of about 200 or so pairs bowlers, my partner and I placed 28, mostly because he was a strong bowler who stayed at or above his average, while I bowled a great series. The tournament paid the top 60 teams, so we got $15 each for our success.

I didn't have a camera, so I don't currently have any pictures to post. Some of the people in my league took pictures, so maybe I will get some copies, which I will post.

Great fun, flashing lights, lots of sights and sounds, so many things to separate you from your money. Vegas is definitely an adult playground. So share your experiences here.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rode the Big Shot with kineticdreamer.

The Big Shot thrill ride catapults 16 riders from the 921-foot high platform up the Tower's mast to a height of 1,081 feet. Traveling at 45 miles per hour, riders experience 4G's as they reach the very top, and feel negative G's on the way down.

QUOTE (Lucid Seer @ Jun 7 2006, 04:14 PM)
You're in violation of the first rule of Vegas

"What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"

I concur, this thread should be shut down immediately.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 7 2006, 08:23 PM)
QUOTE (Lucid Seer @ Jun 7 2006, 04:14 PM)

I concur, this thread should be shut down immediately.

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

I went to Vegas during the summer of 2004 to see a concert.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Vegas/PICT0099.jpg

biggrin.gif

Went driving in the desert with this really hot guy cool.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Vegas/PICT0029.jpg

Did I mention he was hot because we were in the desert? rofl3.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Vegas/PICT0053.jpg

Oh, and the concert was pretty awesome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Vegas/PICT0103.jpg

I had the most amazing time in Sin City, including being mistaken for a waitress in a bar. rofl3.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 7 2006, 06:31 PM)
I had the most amazing time in Sin City, including being mistaken for a waitress in a bar.  rofl3.gif

biggrin.gif

sad.gif Sorry about that GG, I just wanted a beer... tongue.gif

I love Vegas wub.gif

For 15 years, I called Vegas Home Sweet Home. I saw Rush 3 times while I lived there. Once at the Thomas & Mack and twice at the MGM. Can't wait to return home.

Even better place to live than it is to visit. The weather is fantastic year 'round if you love hot weather like I do. No humidity!

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jun 7 2006, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 7 2006, 06:31 PM)
I had the most amazing time in Sin City, including being mistaken for a waitress in a bar.  rofl3.gif

biggrin.gif

sad.gif Sorry about that GG, I just wanted a beer... tongue.gif

Was that you?

laugh.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jun 7 2006, 09:48 PM)
Remember this Ghostgirl? laugh.gif

Do I know you? unsure.gif

rofl3.gif

wub.gif

I'm going to Vegas 6/13 to 6/19. I'm staying with a friend & her husband Tuesday to Thursday and then the MGM Grand Fri to Mon. I can't wait! I LOVE Vegas! The Strip, Red Rocks, The Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, In & Out Burger! Yayyy!!!!

QUOTE (Lucid Seer @ Jun 7 2006, 03:14 PM)

Expect to be getting a call from the Las Vegas Tourism Board

You suppose the Board is still owned by the Mob? Will I 'have an accident?'

Hey, I didn't say we had to share anything that could get us in trouble with our significant others.

pleeeeeez don't close the thread, pleeeeeez

If you could see me right now, you would note I'm doing my best lower-lip-quivering, pouting face

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Jun 8 2006, 05:33 AM)
QUOTE (Lucid Seer @ Jun 7 2006, 03:14 PM)

Expect to be getting a call from the Las Vegas Tourism Board

You suppose the Board is still owned by the Mob? Will I 'have an accident?'

Hey, I didn't say we had to share anything that could get us in trouble with our significant others.

pleeeeeez don't close the thread, pleeeeeez

If you could see me right now, you would note I'm doing my best lower-lip-quivering, pouting face

Your too much z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jun 8 2006, 12:31 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/RushRevisited/10.jpg

rofl3.gif that fuggin kills me...everytime i see it rofl3.gif

Me too. Great memories!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Jun 7 2006, 06:29 PM)

The Big Shot thrill ride catapults 16 riders from the 921-foot high platform up the Tower's mast to a height of 1,081 feet. Traveling at 45 miles per hour, riders experience 4G's as they reach the very top, and feel negative G's on the way down.

We also rode Speed - The Ride, which goes right through the Sahara sign.

Click on the link in my sig for my full Vegas story. Since I wrote the majority of it IN Vegas, it counts as staying there. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (keneticdreamer @ Jun 8 2006, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Jun 7 2006, 06:29 PM)

We also rode Speed - The Ride, which goes right through the Sahara sign.

Click on the link in my sig for my full Vegas story. Since I wrote the majority of it IN Vegas, it counts as staying there. biggrin.gif

wacko.gif Nor for me.....I don't like heights & after my being hit by a car, I get motion sickness easily....

Neither Grizz nor I would ride X-Scream or Insanity. (And there is a reason it is called Insanity!) But Big Shot was great. The major difference - at least for me - is that Big Shot does not force you to look down at the street and the other 2 do. If I had to look down, I would not have made it. I just kept my eyes level and looked out at the mountains. We got keychain pix on the ride, but I don't have a working scanner.

Edit for Vegas :bam:!

I'll be working my way out to Vegas. I have family that just moved out there...

QUOTE (keneticdreamer @ Jun 8 2006, 06:52 PM)
2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
keneticdreamer, Grandpa Grizz

poker2.gif old.gif poker1.gif bekloppt.gif

bekloppt.gif

Archived