Chronicles of Narnia vs LOTR

barney_rebel

Which is better?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• The Lion the Which and the Wardrobe
    • Fellowship of the Ring

i saw all three lord of the rings movies and enjoyed all of them but i have to go with narnia.

The fellowship for me. I really liked Narnia as a book and the film, but LOTR is a more thoughtful story with so many relationships delt superbly in the books and the films.

Narnia just didn't do much for me. There wasn't enough character development. It all seemed very rushed. Still a good movie, but nowhere near the caliber of Fellowship in my opinion.

I've not seen either film. But something tells me (since I saw an animated version years ago) that Narnia would be more for my tastes.)

I may get beat up for this - but I have to admit I've never read any of these stories, and relied entirely on the movies to tell me the tale.

And although going to the theatres to see narnia was rather crazy (lone parent with three girls who wound up hysterical crying or fighting for positions on my lap)... I though it was incredible. It gets my vote.

LOTR I need to watch again - so much went right by me.

i read the LOTR books and saw the movie. for narnia, i only saw the movie, but unless the story was dramatically better in the rest of the books, i honestly can't fathom how anyone can not vote for LOTR - it's so much more a mature work, at least in my experience. the narnia movie was good, but hardly the magnificent classics that the LOTR movies are. i'm honestly shocked at the responses - i expected a big fat zero for narnia...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 14 2006, 02:06 PM)
i read the LOTR books and saw the movie. for narnia, i only saw the movie, but unless the story was dramatically better in the rest of the books, i honestly can't fathom how anyone can not vote for LOTR - it's so much more a mature work, at least in my experience. the narnia movie was good, but hardly the magnificent classics that the LOTR movies are. i'm honestly shocked at the responses - i expected a big fat zero for narnia...

im sorry what did you say , your a big fat zero , i didnt catch what you said.

c'mon im only kidding ! tongue.gif wink.gif

I have read both The Chronicles Of Narnia and The Lord of The Rings many times....

Whilst Narnia et al is undoubedtly a literary classic, it never had the breadth and depth of characterisation and imaginitave scope of Tolkeins work.

Also, the fact that the Narnia series was basically thinly disguised Christian Proselytising on CS Lewis' part always irritated me.

Although both films are basically flawed, as they miss out large chunks of their respective stories, LOTR is the clear winner.....

i just saw narnia two days ago, and i hafta say, it was an excellent movie, but i don't think it can top Lord of the Rings. Lord of the Rings is more epic, and even though the kids were good characters and acted out well in the movie, but i prefer for the lead characters in movies like this to be adults cuz it seems more.....right, to see them kicking ass as opposed to the kid who's probably never wielded a sword in his life somehow standing a chance against the white witch.

now i'm not bashing that part of the movie, i don't tend to bash unrealisticness cuz i prefer to just enjoy the movie for what it is and i still really liked Narnia, but Lord of the Rings is just slightly more my cup o' tea i suppose.