comic book movies.

Tick

ok the spidey buzz had me thinking about how good the first two movies were. comic book fans , list the best of the best comic book movies. these are my favorites.

1. spiderman

2. spiderman-2

3. fantastic four

4. batman begins

5. daredevil

6. hulk

7. batman

8. x men

9. spawn

10. superman

i know everyone will have different opinions but this is my order. i hope im not forgetting one i really liked. i hope they finally make the tick into a major motion picture. also id like to see ironman get his due.

for animated film i thought ultimate avengers was pretty good.

1. Batman Begins

2. A History of Violence

3. V For Vendetta

4. Superman

5. X-Men 2

6. Superman 2

7. X-Men

8. Spider-Man

9. Batman (1989)

10. Spider-Man 2

Least favorite...

1. Catwoman

2. Batman & Robin

3. Fantastic Four (Will somebody please tell me what's so great about this movie?)

4. Batman Returns (Yes, I hated it. It was a Tim Burton movie using Batman characters, not a Batman film).

5. The Punisher (1989)

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 7 2006, 07:46 AM)
1. spiderman
2. spiderman-2
3. fantastic four
4. batman begins
5. daredevil
6. hulk
7. batman
8. x men
9. spawn
10. superman

i know everyone will have different opinions but this is my order.

Your opinions have been immediately invalidated because you put Fantastic Four ahead of Batman Begins.

Sorry, that's just the way it is.

1. Batman Begins

After that it gets tougher but here are ones that I liked or loved...

- both Spider-Man (S2 was better)

- both XMEN (X2 was better)

- Superman 1 & 2

- Batman

I'm with Pedro and Kazz in that Fantastic 4 wasn't good. Even Jessica Alba in her panties couldn't save it.

Other flicks such as Hulk & Daredevil had a few good parts but overall I didn't really like them.

I haven't seen Ultimate Avengers or V for Vendetta yet.

'Batman Begins'.

'Road To Perdition'.

'Sin City'.

'Hellboy'.

'X-Men 1 & 2'

'Spider-Man 1 & 2'.

'Superman 1 & 2'

Guilty pleasure: 'The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen'. I'm sorry, I liked it. I just thought it was a neat concept and a lot of fun.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 7 2006, 11:24 PM)
'Batman Begins'.
'Road To Perdition'.
'Sin City'.
'Hellboy'.
'X-Men 1 & 2'
'Spider-Man 1 & 2'.
'Superman 1 & 2'

Guilty pleasure: 'The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen'. I'm sorry, I liked it. I just thought it was a neat concept and a lot of fun.

How could I have forgotten Sin City & Hellboy? I liked both. And I didn't know that Road to Perdition was based on a comic. In that case, it's one of my favorite comic book movies.

im aware everyone hated fantastic four . what can i say maybe it was my mood when i saw it but i really loved it. if this ruins my credibility , so be it. catwomen doesnt even qualify as a recognizable movie (AWEFULL !) . i also thought hellboy and league sucked as did elektra. sin city was ok but in my opinion vastly overated. then theres the superman movie with richard pryor but we wont go there.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 7 2006, 09:38 AM)
im aware everyone hated fantastic four . what can i say maybe it was my mood when i saw it but i really loved it. if this ruins my credibility , so be it. catwomen doesnt even qualify as a recognizable movie (AWEFULL !) . i also thought hellboy and league sucked as did elektra. sin city was ok but in my opinion vastly overated. then theres the superman movie with richard pryor but we wont go there.

I think you're digging your own grave, man. Maybe if you listed 'Fantastic Four' as a guilty pleasure you'd receive less flack. Just some friendly advice.

Please understand that my post is meant as good-natured ribbing.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 7 2006, 09:42 AM)
im aware everyone hated fantastic four . what can i say maybe it was my mood when i saw it but i really loved it. if this ruins my credibility , so be it.  catwomen doesnt even qualify as a recognizable movie (AWEFULL !) . i also thought hellboy and league sucked as did elektra. sin city was ok but in my opinion vastly overated. then theres the superman movie with richard pryor but we wont go there.

I think you're digging your own grave, man. Maybe if you listed 'Fantastic Four' as a guilty pleasure you'd receive less flack. Just some friendly advice.

its ok jack im a big boy i can take it . fantastic four was hated by all , i know this . i liked it alot , im also one of the only people who really liked the hulk. who knows maybe i was under jessica albas spell. tongue.gif drool1.gif yes.gif

oh and jack c'mon , the league of extrordinary gentleman. confused13.gif that was good ? no.gif

The only ones that I've seen that spring to mind as being TRULY great movies, outside of being "just comic book movies" are the two X-Men and the two Spiderman movies. Those two me are both classics.

I did see Batman Begins, and I must admit that while I thought it was really good, it didn't make a huge impression on me in that I don't really remember it too well. Maybe I was too tired when I saw it - I'll have to see it again.

I saw Hellboy and Daredevil which were both halfway decent, and I've seen two other Batman movies that were "ok". I've never seen Hulk or The Fantastic Four. I almost loved Superman II, though I and III were both fairly dumb.

Superman II to me was completely ruined by the one scene where the three enemies are destroying a city block in order to get Superman pissed. The scene is filled with incredibly stupid people saying incredibly stupid things while this is happening that to me is unforgivable. I know it's only 10 minutes in a 2-hour movie, but I just have a thing for amazingly stupid people in movies acting in a highly, highly unrealistic manner.

Spiderman and X-Men (especially X-Men) are where it's at for me. It doesn't get any better than the X-Men movies as far superhero comic book stories go as far as I'm concerned.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 7 2006, 09:49 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 7 2006, 09:42 AM)
im aware everyone hated fantastic four . what can i say maybe it was my mood when i saw it but i really loved it. if this ruins my credibility , so be it.  catwomen doesnt even qualify as a recognizable movie (AWEFULL !) . i also thought hellboy and league sucked as did elektra. sin city was ok but in my opinion vastly overated. then theres the superman movie with richard pryor but we wont go there.

its ok jack im a big boy i can take it . fantastic four was hated by all , i know this . i liked it alot , im also one of the only people who really liked the hulk. who knows maybe i was under jessica albas spell. tongue.gif drool1.gif yes.gif

oh and jack c'mon , the league of extrordinary gentleman. confused13.gif that was good ? no.gif

I didn't necessarily say it was good, I said it was a guilty pleasure. I think what I mean is that while the movie may not have been good, it was good to me.

Does that make sense, or do I need another cup of coffee? I can't tell.

My friend/scriptwriting partner and I saw Batman Begins together. He really liked it, and I thought it was mediocre at best. I had to verify we watched the same movie! I thought that for a comic movie it was well written, but it just did nothing for me. I hated the guy that played Batman, so that could add to it. As for me...

1. V for Vendetta. Simply amazing. Beautifully shot, great themework with the cinematography (from the colours to the shapes used). And the plot was great as well. We don't have many movies where the main character is kind of a bad guy that we are almost forced to like because everyone else is even worse. Simply an amazing movie. (Oh, and the rants he does with the V's are nothing short of Shakespearean.)

2. Spiderman 2.

3- Sin City.

4- Spiderman

5- X-Men

6- Hellboy

7- X Men II

8- Batman Begins

9- Spawn

And my guilty pleasure I have to share with Jack, I really enjoyed LOEG.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 7 2006, 08:38 AM)
then theres the superman movie with richard pryor but we wont go there.

yes, please don't go there, I just ate.

Revised list. Somebody shoot me for forgetting Sin City...

1. Batman Begins

2. Sin City

3. A History of Violence

4. V For Vendetta

5. Superman

6. X-Men 2

7. Superman 2

8. X-Men

9. Spider-Man

10. Batman (1989)

1. Spiderman 2 - just a great story, and I love the development of the characters in this one

2. Batman Begins - Brilliant. Christian Bale did an excellent job.

3. Sin City - I was blown away from beginning to end

4. X-Men 2 - Big X-Men fan, and this one really delivered.

5. V for Vendetta - I really liked it, don't know much about the comic though.

6. Spiderman - Spidey is my favourite, this was one of the most highly anticipated movies for me.

7. X-Men - More realistic than expected, but it still pull it off.

8. Batman Forever - corny but I liked it

Kazz, I agree with you for Batman Returns, I hated it. Almost as bad as Batman and Robin new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif .

1. Batman Begins (not only my favorit comic book movie, but actually one of my favorite movies period. And I'm not a "huge" superhero fan. Well, I am kinda huge, but you know what I mean.).

2. Spiderman 2

3. Sin City

4. X-Men 2

5. Superman

6. Spiderman

7. Blade

8. Superman 2

9. X-Men

10. Batman (the original campy movie made with Adam West!).

I didn't like any of the modern Batman movies until the director of "Memento" took over. I am not a big Burton fan.

I have yet to see Road to Perdition (didn't know it was based on a comic), V for Vendetta or History of Violence (again, never knew based on comic).

I had no idea Road to Perdition was a comic book movie, either. I thought Paul Newman did a great job in that one, as did Tom Hanks. I'm just curious as to what comic book that movie was based on. I just thought it was a take on old corrupt Chicago. Great movie, though. Edited by anagramking

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 8 2006, 10:47 AM)
1. Batman Begins

2. Spiderman 2

3. Sin City

4. X-Men 2

5. Superman

6. Spiderman

7. Blade

8. Superman 2

9. X-Men

10. Batman (the original campy movie made with Adam West!).

That would be pretty much my list, too. I would change the order of a few, replace "Blade" with "Blade II" and replace the Adam West "Batman" with "Superman 2."

My top four is exactly the same. "Sin City" is a work of art.

1. Batman Begins

2. Spiderman I

3. X-men I

4. Superman I

5. Sin City

6. Spiderman II

7. Batman 1989

8. Superman II

9. X-men II

10. Hulk

As for Cartoon movies

1. Batman Mask of the Phantasm