V for Vendetta

tepes22b

Anyone seen this movie? Thoughts? Opinions?

Insanely good. Not anywhere near my top 20, but thirty may be good. Very well paced, very well acted, and very well directed. I wasn't sure how the Wachowski brothers were going to do. I knew they were able to make Matrix quality movies, but I also know they are able to make Matrix sequel quality movies. But it was very good.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 8 2006, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Apr 7 2006, 09:33 PM)
And Hugo Weaving delivered it fantasticly.

Did you see it Kazz? What was your take on it?

It was (so far) the best film I've seen this year. Hugo Weaving was fantastic as the protagoniist/antagonist (depending on your point of view), V. There were a few changes from the original graphic novel that pissed off Alan Moore (the writer of the original novel, who's other works include, The League of Extraordinary Gentleman, The Watchmen and Batman: The Killing Joke), but when doesn't some kind of change happen in a comic book film (Spidey's web comming with his powers in the movie instead of Peter building the web shooters on his own; Dr. Jonathan Crane being head psychologist at Arham Asylum instead of being a professor at Gotham University in Batman Begins, etc).

Politicly, it makes you think as well. Is this what's in store for us in the future? Who knows (I'll comment on this later in the thread about this in the politics forum).

Overall, a well written, well acted (especially by Hugo Weaving), and overal, a very good movie.

8/10

wwe rented and watched this last night...

awesome movie....

i really awnted to see under the mask tho....

unsure.gif

ph34r.gif

regardless... it was a great flick....

makes you think...(i love those kind of movies)....

Great film, with an almost Orwellesque feel to it.

I think it captured the spirit of the original comic series quite well, though there were a few departures.

Hugo Weaving was an inspired choice.

i'm a really very impressed with Hugo Weaving. i think the matrix was the first thing i had ever seen him in, and he was amazing as Agent Smith, and then i thought he was very good as Elrond as well. now V for Vendetta, wow this guy is really on a roll. i can't wait to see what he's in next. Edited by Freedom_Fighter

QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 5 2006, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 5 2006, 09:36 AM)

i really awnted to see under the mask tho....

Here you go tongue.gif

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/06/16/06293819_narrowweb__200x246.jpg

i wasn't doing spell check very well yesterday.... laugh.gif

thanks for the pic!!!!

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Aug 5 2006, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 5 2006, 09:15 PM)
Just bought the special edition. biggrin.gif

Cool, what kind of extra goodies does it have on it?

kazzman has been fired for failing to post back, so here goes...

The Two-Disc Special Edition features these exclusive supplements:

"Designing the Near Future" - A look at the artistic process of creating the frightening future world of V

"Remember, Remember: Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot" - The history behind the story of Guy Fawkes

"England Prevails: V for Vendetta and the New Wave in Comics" - The origins of the original V story is illuminated

Cat Power Montage – Cat Power song played under images of the film

Easter egg: Saturday Night Live digital short

On disc 1 is a 16-minute documentary "Freedom! Forever!: Making V for Vendetta" with discussions on the movie's origin and themes by the principal cast and crew (no Alan Moore or Wachowskis, to no one's surprise, but the graphic novel's illustrator David Lloyd is on hand to call the movie "a very good version").

On disc 2 is a 17-minute production featurette, a 10-minute history of Guy Fawkes, and the 15-minute "England Prevails: V for Vendetta and the New Wave in Comics." Lloyd and others from the comics industry such as Paul Levitz and Bill Sienkiwicz talk about the graphic novel and how it appealed to a different, older audience. The second menu of the second disc also has an easy-to-find Easter egg of a rapping and swearing Natalie Portman on Saturday Night Live.

totally awesome rental! Thanks for the advice.