Mammograms

blonde77th

Wow, How could I miss this thread???

I had cancer also, 3 years ago... I can understand how it can be, emotionally. I am here for you and Madra both!!!

Much love to you two, and sending all my positive thoughts and prayers to you both!!

wub.gif wub.gif

I heart.gif you guys!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Well were do i begin ok i will do my best here i am out of the shock i was in well almost out of it but now I DUNNO what to do ,only i can decide this .i knew i had to do radiation i had already excepted that no problem there But now the ongologist is asking me to decide because they can't tell you what to do anymore ,i am having a hard time writing this word Chemo ...over a period of 3 months 4 sessions of Chemo they can't do anything till i decide cause they want to do that first .........i guess some women opt. out of it and some do it .....by the 15th day i will be bald & everything else that goes with Chemo ,nausea swelling etc.etc......they found No evidence of Cancer in the tissue they removed around the tumour nor in the lymph nodes,so i was damned shocked when he started talking about this .....oh heck i broke down glad i didn't go alone ........so now i have to decide if it is worth me going through this or not or just take the radiation ,then i have to call them and let them know ........then i go to the surgeon apt. and i have a infection in my breast thats why it is swollen so he took out fluid that was building up around the incission and sent it out to be analyzed i am now on antibiotics and he gave me pain pills , he said he understands why they want me to do Chemo i ain't no Doctor but something in the tests they did came back like 3 minus's and 3 plus's don't ask me i don't get this it is their terms ....i go back to the surgeon in 2 weeks & whenever i decide what to do here will say when i start the rest so thats it .http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/42.gif

Sorry but i got so sick i had to lay down for a while and this has been sitting on the screen of my computer for almost 2 hrs sorry guys

GO WITH YOUR GUT FEELINGS ON THIS!!!

I LOVE YOU GIRL!!!

YOU HAVE MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ALWAYS!!!

I'LL TALK TO YOU AGAIN IN A FEW DAYS.

wub.gif

rose.gif

heart.gif

Carol, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this today.

Like Ceej said, you will know what to decide on. I'm sorry I'm not being much help here sad.gif

My heart goes out to you. Just reading about what you had to endure brought tears to my eyes....for you....

I put myself in your situation and, I can't tell you with words how I feel for you.

Carol, you'll get through this.

If you need me, you know how to find me.

I'm praying for you....your piece of mind....EVERYTHING!

Much love to you.

Your friend,

Lin rose.gif heart.gif rose.gif heart.gif

Blondie, I am so sorry its not great news.

You have to weigh up the options:-

Your results have come back as probably a high risk of the cancer returning, which is why they are offering you chemo., they want to make sure that any rogue nasty cells in there are well and truly dead.

If you opt for the radiation therapy, this may work, but I would think there may also be a high risk that it won't, and the cancer will return. Normally, secondary's are harder to obliterate than primarys.

Think long and hard about your decision darling.

Thinking of you heart.gif rose.gif heart.gif rose.gif

Well I promised something to you and I meant it .... If you do the chemo I will shave my head. I'm not being the only one with hair in this household and the baby is off limits!!!!!

You have your own personal fanclub here and we will support you to the best of our knowledge but this is up to you.... I told you, you need to get ahold off the hospice and they will contact you on the surivors meetings and you need that support as well, from someone who has been there

You are a strong woman and I know what ever you choose you will be fine!!!!!

YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO DO BOTH .... YOU JUST DON'T THINK YOU ARE AND I AM HERE TO TELL YOU ... YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL GET ALL CANCER OUT OF YOU NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN!!!!!!

You will have weak moments but hey your only human not God

Honey I have been there for you every step of the way and I intend on being there through out all of this!!!! I will hold your hand when needed or yell at you when you need it! I will hug you or drive you (any way I can rofl3.gif ) If you need a ride I will drive you oppps already said that wink.gif You know thats what I meant.... what were you thinking tongue.gif

your job here is secure at least till nov anyhow tongue.gif

TAKE A BREATHE ..... YOU'VE DONE GOOD SO FAR AND THERES ONLY A LITTLE WHILE LEFT AND YOU CAN DO IT!

Here for you, if you need it!!

We are stronger than we realise, and we can go thru so much. Believe me on this. Some things aren't always pleasant to go thru, but you have to look at the alternative. We can face bad things and come out stronger, and wiser for it. rose.gif

wub.gif

Awww, Carol, I missed this update. I'm so sorry! rose.gif

You have so much support here, please utilize it! We got your back sister!

Let me know if I can help. That goes for you too, Chaotica, if you have to be with her, I'll take care of the kids. Just call. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/call.gif

Thanks All !! I am wieghing all the pros and cons of chemo and is so damn baffling i know it is only 4 treatments of Chemo over 3 months and it ain't the hair lose that will grow back is the fact that i can get sooooooo sick i teasinly said to the Oncologist this is going to kill me and He said it could ( my eyes just fell to the floor ) they have to do 2 or 3 scans first to see if i can even handle it ......i remember 1 was the heart and i forget the other 2 i kinda lost it in his office ........part of me says do it but the other part says is this worth it ( being so sick ) so i dunno need more time ....i know right after the last Chemo i have to begin 3 weeks of radiation .......so thats 4 months of pure Hell i would have to go through ...i dunno i dunno i dunno confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 1 2006, 06:43 PM)
Well Well were do i begin ok i will do my best here i am out of the shock i was in well almost out of it but now I DUNNO what to do ,only i can decide this .i knew i had to do radiation i had already excepted that no problem there But now the ongologist is asking me to decide because they can't tell you what to do anymore ,i am having a hard time writing this word Chemo ...over a period of 3 months 4 sessions of Chemo they can't do anything till i decide cause they want to do that first .........i guess some women opt. out of it and some do it .....by the 15th day i will be bald & everything else that goes with Chemo ,nausea swelling etc.etc......they found No evidence of Cancer in the tissue they removed around the tumour nor in the lymph nodes,so i was damned shocked when he started talking about this .....oh heck i broke down glad i didn't go alone ........so now i have to decide if it is worth me going through this or not or just take the radiation ,then i have to call them and let them know ........then i go to the surgeon apt. and i have a infection in my breast thats why it is swollen so he took out fluid that was building up around the incission and sent it out to be analyzed i am now on antibiotics and he gave me pain pills , he said he understands why they want me to do Chemo i ain't no Doctor but something in the tests they did came back like 3 minus's and 3 plus's don't ask me i don't get this it is their terms ....i go back to the surgeon in 2 weeks & whenever i decide what to do here will say when i start the rest so thats it .http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/42.gif

Sorry but i got so sick i had to lay down for a while and this has been sitting on the screen of my computer for almost 2 hrs sorry guys

sad.gif Stay strong girl. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I'm thinking about you, and praying for you yes.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jun 2 2006, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 1 2006, 06:43 PM)
Well Well were do i begin ok i will do my best here i am out of the shock i was in well almost out of it but now I DUNNO what to do ,only i can decide this .i knew i had to do radiation i had already excepted that no problem there But now the ongologist is asking me to decide because they can't tell you what  to do  anymore ,i am having a hard time writing this word Chemo ...over a period of 3 months 4 sessions of Chemo they can't do anything till i decide cause they want to do that first .........i guess some women opt. out of it and some do it .....by the 15th day i will be bald & everything else that goes with Chemo ,nausea swelling etc.etc......they found No evidence of Cancer in the tissue they removed around the tumour nor in the lymph nodes,so i was damned shocked when he started talking about this .....oh heck i broke down glad i didn't go alone ........so now i have to decide if it is worth me going through this or not or just take the radiation ,then i have to call them and let them know ........then i go to the surgeon apt. and i have a infection in my breast thats why it is swollen so he took out fluid that was building up around the incission and sent it out to be analyzed i am now on antibiotics and he gave me pain pills , he said he understands why they want me to do Chemo i ain't no Doctor but something in the tests they did came back like 3 minus's and 3 plus's don't ask me i don't get this it is their terms ....i go back to the surgeon in 2 weeks & whenever i decide what to do here will say when i start the rest so thats it .http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/42.gif

sad.gif Stay strong girl. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I'm thinking about you, and praying for you yes.gif

Am trying too Thanks bekloppt.gif down there

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 29 2006, 10:39 AM)
Good luck on Thursday Carole - Co-incidentally, I'm back in Dublin for a 1.30 appointment on Thursday as well, but it should be just routine.

We'll be thinking of you

rose.gif  rose.gif  rose.gif

Any news yet, Sneacht? unsure.gif Still praying for you. rose.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 1 2006, 05:43 PM)
Well Well were do i begin ok i will do my best here i am out of the shock i was in well almost out of it but now I DUNNO what to do ,only i can decide this .i knew i had to do radiation i had already excepted that no problem there But now the ongologist is asking me to decide because they can't tell you what  to do  anymore ,i am having a hard time writing this word Chemo ...over a period of 3 months 4 sessions of Chemo they can't do anything till i decide cause they want to do that first .........i guess some women opt. out of it and some do it .....by the 15th day i will be bald & everything else that goes with Chemo ,nausea swelling etc.etc......they found No evidence of Cancer in the tissue they removed around the tumour nor in the lymph nodes,so i was damned shocked when he started talking about this .....oh heck i broke down glad i didn't go alone ........so now i have to decide if it is worth me going through this or not or just take the radiation ,then i have to call them and let them know ........then i go to the surgeon apt. and i have a infection in my breast thats why it is swollen so he took out fluid that was building up around the incission and sent it out to be analyzed i am now on antibiotics and he gave me pain pills , he said he understands why they want me to do Chemo i ain't no Doctor but something in the tests they did came back like 3 minus's and 3 plus's don't ask me i don't get this it is their terms ....i go back to the surgeon in 2 weeks & whenever i decide what to do here will say when i start the rest so thats it .http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/42.gif

this has got to totally suck. it was bad enough as it was being invaded and now further threatened by this marauder.

but i think you have a right to understand what's happening...what the risks are, in your own terms. i think you should ask them to re-explain it to you in a different way. not with their little number system, but it laymans terms. how can you possibly make the best decision without understanding what kind of risk they are taking about? it sounds like Thursday wore you out emotionally, and you went away confused and uncertain.

i am so sad and scared for you, Carol. this must be terrifying. i mean, i know you will get through it, ok. and i know everything will be ok eventually, but i wish there was something i could do to help you walk this road.

you are so brave and strong to have gone through so much already. i really admire your courage (and your tolerance for pain.) wub.gif please know that i am still praying for you everyday. i pray that you are seeking His wisdom in this decision; He gives it freely. (James 1:5)

please don't be afraid to ask more questions. take the weekend to get over the initial shock, then call them back. find out exactly what they are talking about. when and why did Chemo come into the picture? do they offer any kind of education and/or counseling on the treatments?

2.gif on, Lady! rose.gif You can beat this. heart.gif

Edited by Rolinda Bonz

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jun 3 2006, 01:30 AM)
QUOTE (madra sneachta @ May 29 2006, 10:39 AM)
Good luck on Thursday Carole - Co-incidentally, I'm back in Dublin for a 1.30 appointment on Thursday as well, but it should be just routine.

We'll be thinking of you

rose.gif  rose.gif  rose.gif

Any news yet, Sneacht? unsure.gif Still praying for you. rose.gif

Haven't heard a update from Madra yet ?? Madra was it just a check up hon ??

but i think you have a right to understand what's happening...what the risks are, in your own terms. i think you should ask them to re-explain it to you in a different way. not with their little number system, but it laymans terms. how can you possibly make the best decision without understanding what kind of risk they are taking about? it sounds like Thursday wore you out emotionally, and you went away confused and uncertain

You got that right Hon !! Confused dazed and everything else that goes with it ........i am taking a week to get more info on this & going to see my Dr too ...then i think i am making another apt. to see the onogologist to talk to him again ,when i am in a better state of mind Thanks heart.gif rose.gif

Thinking of you, b77...please remember that the doctors have NO RIGHT to talk down to you, or rush through their explanations. Ask every question twice if you want, and if they are anything less than patient and caring, find a new doctor.

Wishing you peace,

~GG

Went out to dinner with my folks last night & told them whats new in this situation , no advise but i wasn't looking for any ,they think i will make the right decission , i hope i do too ....still swaying back and fourth ,my sister inlaw thinks i should even if it is only 16% difference but i will decide by the end of this week on my own .http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/fechten2.gif thats how i feel 1 side fighting against the other wink.gif and asking for guidance too http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/blonde77th/images.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/10_9_134.gif

You will figure out what's best for you. Meditate, which option feels most right? Don't allow your fear to make the decision for you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/sundog918/smileys/r8.gif

Edited by sundog

YES

Swaying this way A BIT

NO

Alot of unanswered ?? yet

Lets see if i do this a few times i can remember where i am at ....I read alot to-day

Edited by blonde77th

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 4 2006, 06:31 PM)
YES

Swaying this way A BIT

NO

Alot of unanswered ?? yet

Lets see if i do this a few times i can remember where i am at ....I read alot to-day

To the No side -found some answers to put more on the

Yes side a bit more Not decided yet

man the reading i am doing unsure.gif