Mammograms

blonde77th

Hey blonde, I know what you are going through is a tough thing. I haven't posted in here before but I've been reading all along and wanted to say that your spirit and courage are so admirable smile.gif Here's to you my 2.gif sister! trink39.gif

I used to not really know anything about mammograms, except they take your boob and squish the bejesus out of it laugh.gif But since I've been in xray school I've learned a thing or to about them and how important they are. I've always been told to not worry about getting one until age 50, but have since changed my mind. Without getting too technical... most mammograms are done like "old" xrays. Meaning they have film and a screen and the images can't be enhanced or modified. Most xray has since become digital and there are now many digital mammography units, which I've read have much improved the detectability for women 50 and under and for women with denser breasts. It can catch microcalcifications that a film-screen unit might have missed. To me that is AMAZING. Anything that can be done to increase early detection is such a plus. Plus, digital cuts down on having to be called back just to retake the images, which could have been due to many things... motion, operator error, etc. My mom has been called back SO many times and it freaks her out so much.

I've said all this to say, to my Rush sisters, when you have to go get your mammograms.... ask your doctor about digital mammo and where the nearest one to you is.

trink39.gif

Edited by Trance

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Trance @ May 6 2006, 03:56 PM)
Hey blonde, I know what you are going through is a tough thing. I haven't posted in here before but I've been reading all along and wanted to say that your spirit and courage are so admirable smile.gif Here's to you my 2.gif sister! trink39.gif

I used to not really know anything about mammograms, except they take your boob and squish the bejesus out of it laugh.gif But since I've been in xray school I've learned a thing or to about them and how important they are. I've always been told to not worry about getting one until age 50, but have since changed my mind. Without getting too technical... most mammograms are done like "old" xrays. Meaning they have film and a screen and the images can't be enhanced or modified. Most xray has since become digital and there are now many digital mammography units, which I've read have much improved the detectability for women 50 and under and for women with denser breasts. It can catch microcalcifications that a film-screen unit might have missed. To me that is AMAZING. Anything that can be done to increase early detection is such a plus. Plus, digital cuts down on having to be called back just to retake the images, which could have been due to many things... motion, operator error, etc. My mom has been called back SO many times and it freaks her out so much.

I've said all this to say, to my Rush sisters, when you have to go get your mammograms.... ask your doctor about digital mammo and where the nearest one to you is.

trink39.gif

TY Trance & great information there TY

....i just think i am having my first real bad day & as the next few days go i probably will be a basket case but i just scold myself & shake myself off and try again to get through 1 more day ....to-day was bad i ended up hitting the shower walls during my shower and breaking down a bit and i just said to myself oh no your not ........and i feel a bit better tonight Ty All bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ May 6 2006, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ May 6 2006, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ May 6 2006, 09:53 AM)
bekloppt.gif blondie,

I hope you know that I'm thinking of you! smile.gif

It's nice that you have your family with you wub.gif And Chaotica!!! wub.gif

rose.gif  heart.gif  rose.gif

edited to add Chaotica wink.gif  tongue.gif

Yes i know you are smile.gif and i ty for that rose.gif i need all the help here for the next few days i think this is finally getting ready to hit me hard i have been tough don't wanna upset anyone so i hold inside but the closer Tuesday gets i am afraid of losing it !! I am trying to be as tough as i can confused13.gif running out of toughness maybe confused13.gif

No! You're not running out of toughness. You're just feeling it all now.

You seem to be the kind of person that is always there for everyone. yes.gif You have strength....you hold everyone's hand, so to speak. Now, you're feeling that you are 'losing' that strength. You're not! You are a very strong and TOUGH lady.

Everyone needs a shoulder....someone to lean on. You have lots of shoulders here smile.gif

Ty i needed that !! 2 more days well if u count Tuesday 3 biggrin.gif

Hi Blonde. I'm also pretty new here and I've been following your story in this thread. I just wanted to say that I think you're an amazing, brave women. And I want to wish you the very best. rose.gif

I've just turned 40 and have been putting off my mammogram. You've inspired me to make that appointment. yes.gif

Keep strong and brave. You shall overcome! smile.gif

QUOTE (subdivision40 @ May 6 2006, 09:03 PM)
Hi Blonde. I'm also pretty new here and I've been following your story in this thread. I just wanted to say that I think you're an amazing, brave women. And I want to wish you the very best. rose.gif

I've just turned 40 and have been putting off my mammogram. You've inspired me to make that appointment. yes.gif

Keep strong and brave. You shall overcome! smile.gif

Hi & welcome to best place & the Greatest people !!! You will love it here & Ty for your thoughts and words and you made me biggrin.gif You go get that Mamogram !! yes.gif bekloppt.gif

Thinking positive thoughts for you, blonde. heart.gif

Thanks Ghostgirl i appreciate it !! Didn't sleep much last and i bet i won't tonight either am glad step 2 is almost here this Invader is a growing to the point that i can't lay on that side and i am a tummy sleeper angry.gif But soon in 24 hrs it will be Evicted !! Just thought i won't be in my favourite forum for a bit so Everyone Take Care & i will miss you All !!! Chaotica will update at sometime tomorrow night i hope wink.gif I know she will and i want to say TY to her for that heart.gif rose.gif I keep thinking Good Drugs i will have rofl3.gif i will post a Goodbye in the morning if i have time . my Best Friend in the world is picking me up at 7:30am .......have to be at the hospital for 8am ......Dr said i can have a sedative before they get started biggrin.gif will need it .......God Bless my TRF Friends !!!!!!! heart.gif rose.gif yes.gif bekloppt.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Ok incase i don't have time in the morning to come in here i want to say Thankyou to everyone that has helped me through this part !!!!!!! I know you are all praying for me tomorrow and i want you all to know i appreciate every last 1 !!!! I am unwinding now a bit from the Crazy Day in here but i made it i am so Happy !!!! And i need to say TY again to Chaotica for letting me chase her around the board this afternoon i had a blast and laughed so much she helped me to get my posts that i needed TY Pest tongue.gif I know you will update on this when you get time tomorrow when you come home from the hospital from being with me ,ok enough babbling ,TY ALL & See you All Soon !!!!!!! I will Miss You All i Love this Place yes.gif bekloppt.gif heart.gif rose.gif bolt.gif

Yes I will update yal tomorrow after I get home from the hospital....

To you .... you are a strong woman, you will beat this without hurting anyone!!! ( me) All your kids will be up there for you, betty and I will be there too.... you have soo much love around you and with all your angels you collect they are there too

we are there, for when you fall, we will hold you up!!!! you would do the same for us and this is no different!!!

I want to too take care tonight and get some sleep! I will see you in the morning

love you

missy

QUOTE (blonde77th @ May 8 2006, 08:34 PM)
Ok incase i don't have time in the morning to come in here i want to say Thankyou to everyone that has helped me through this part !!!!!!! I know you are all praying for me tomorrow and i want you all to know i appreciate every last 1 !!!! I am unwinding now a bit from the Crazy Day in here but i made it i am so Happy !!!! And i need to say TY again to Chaotica for letting me chase her around the board this afternoon i had a blast and laughed so much she helped me to get my posts that i needed TY Pest tongue.gif I know you will update on this when you get time tomorrow when you come home from the hospital from being with me ,ok enough babbling ,TY ALL & See you All Soon !!!!!!! I will Miss You All i Love this Place yes.gif bekloppt.gif heart.gif rose.gif bolt.gif

Take care Carol. heart.gif

Know that we are thinking about you, rose.gif.

We'll be here for you when you get back! Git 'er done.

QUOTE (chaotica @ May 8 2006, 09:50 PM)

To you .... you are a strong woman, you will beat this without hurting anyone!!! ( me) All your kids will be up there for you, betty and I will be there too.... you have soo much love around you and with all your angels you collect they are there too

we are there, for when you fall, we will hold you up!!!! you would do the same for us and this is no different!!!

I want to too take care tonight and get some sleep! I will see you in the morning

love you
missy

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

QUOTE (sundog @ May 8 2006, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (chaotica @ May 8 2006, 09:50 PM)

love you
missy

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

I love that phrase!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif bekloppt.gif

God, please guide the hands of Carol's surgeon. May he have a keen eye that allows him to see what has to be removed and a steady hand that will swiftly wisk away any trace of cancer within her. She is a good woman with dreams yet to be fulfilled here and we ask that you grant her the opportunity to be healed. We pray for her complete recovery.

Hear our prayers. Amen rose.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ May 9 2006, 10:22 AM)
God, please guide the hands of Carol's surgeon. May he have a keen eye that allows him to see what has to be removed and a steady hand that will swiftly wisk away any trace of cancer within her. She is a good woman with dreams yet to be fulfilled here and we ask that you grant her the opportunity to be healed. We pray for her complete recovery.

Beautifully said smile.gif

Amen rose.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ May 9 2006, 09:33 AM)
QUOTE (sundog @ May 9 2006, 10:22 AM)
God, please guide the hands of Carol's surgeon.  May he have a keen eye that allows him to see what has to be removed and a steady hand that will swiftly wisk away any trace of cancer within her.  She is a good woman with dreams yet to be fulfilled here and we ask that you grant her the opportunity to be healed.  We pray for her complete recovery.

Beautifully said smile.gif

Amen rose.gif

heart.gif

Amen rose.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ May 9 2006, 07:22 AM)
God, please guide the hands of Carol's surgeon.  May he have a keen eye that allows him to see what has to be removed and a steady hand that will swiftly wisk away any trace of cancer within her.  She is a good woman with dreams yet to be fulfilled here and we ask that you grant her the opportunity to be healed.  We pray for her complete recovery.

Very nice, I am sure this sums the sentiments of all of us here.

rose.gif

Edited by Digital Man