Fender VS Gibson VS PRS

Soni

22 members have voted

1. 1. Fender VS Gibson VS PRS

• Fender
    • Gibson
    • Paul Reed Smith

I don't play guitar (I've wanted to for a while though but I can't) so I will go by design purposes and sounds from what I've heard.

I love the Les Paul and the Strat. I've never cared for the Telecaster look and I hate the Jag-stang. The SG and the Jaguar are pretty good. The PRS doublecuts and singlecuts are both nice appearance wise as well. As for the sound, Both Fenders and Gibsons have a nice sounds. PRS has some unique sounds too. Gibson has been my favorite for a while but recently I've been getting more into Fender. It's a tough call but I'm gonna stick with Gibson.

There is no "Yes" option which is what I would choose. Each has their own personality and traits. I have two Epiphone made on Gibson models, but I also have a Strat too. If I could afford a PRS I would probably have one. PRS to me are kind of a hybrid Les Paul and Stratocaster.

My main guitar is my Epi Les Paul.

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

Gibson guitars, Fender basses.

I have 2 1986 PRS's and I absolutely love them. They are the best guitar made in my opinion. I'd love to get a cherry sunburst Les Paul. Never cared for strats though I owned one for a few years.

In the current issue of Guitar Player Alex says that the PRS are extremely well made but that the Gibsons sound better.

QUOTE (Rand @ Feb 25 2006, 03:24 PM)

In the current issue of Guitar Player Alex says that the PRS are extremely well made but that the Gibsons sound better.

He is right.

I like Fender the best, though. For Rush style music, they sometimes don't quite cut it, but there are plenty of other reasons to like Fender guitars.

You can easily build your own from a SLEW of wellmade after market parts, necks, bodies, pups etc (or originals).

They are affordable.

I like the clarity of single coils.

25 1/2" scale.

Tele twang, Strat quack.

They don't weigh 13 lbs (les pauls can).

Having said that I would LOVE to own a top of the line Paul. But not for 30 bills.

You can keep your PRS's

QUOTE (thestand @ Feb 23 2006, 08:44 PM)
I can afford Gibson, but I play Epiphone. I just prefer a dirty sound. But because of their ownership, I went with Gibson.

Cool!

Nancy Wilson play Epi.

For guitars, I've always shown a marked preference for Gibsons - the SG in particular. They have a warmth that can sometimes be lacking in the Fenders but don't break the back like the Les Paul can.

let me just say, though, that I've not played a PRS yet.