Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

thanx for the link. at first listen i hear a bit o METALLICA in some parts . not sure what i think yet

1022.gif

i will say i am diggin the guitar/keyboard solo section

1022.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 6 2009, 01:20 PM)
1022.gif

I Really love the song,

JP sounds great, that riff is really awesome IMO.

James' voice is awesome too, The chorus is really catchy, really cool! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ May 6 2009, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 6 2009, 01:20 PM)
1022.gif

I Really love the song,

JP sounds great, that riff is really awesome IMO.

James' voice is awesome too, The chorus is really catchy, really cool! biggrin.gif

goodpost.gif

Thanks to the DT newletter for sending that link out. I'm all kinds of excited for the new album now.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

just scored second ( or third ??? can't tell from seating charts) row seats!!!!!!!

By far the smallest city on the tour. Asheville Rocks! The venue only holds 2,400 people. cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif cool10.gif

Edited by tangy

THEY SUCK!

................... kidding, I like dream theatre - carry on ...... tongue.gif

I gave Scenes From A Memory its first listen in something like four months, and damn, it's a great album! "The Spirit Carries On", which was the first DT song I ever heard (last year on Gary's show) remains my favorite, but the rest of the album ain't shoddy either. laugh.gif

Lucky Bastard..

I am probably going to be getting a job in a different state this summer... so I have no clue where I am going to be..

I might miss the Prog Nation tour... but hopefully I can get some tickets for the BC&SL world tour next year.

Hey guys, I'm trying to make a Dream Theater compilation CD for my buddy to get him into the band. The problem is you only have so much space on a disc and I have way more music that won't all fit.

Here's my suggested track listing, any ideas on what should stay / go?

As I Am

Overture 1928

Fatal Tragedy

Beyond this Life

Metropolis Pt. 1

The Dark Eternal Night

About to Crash

War Inside my Head

The Test that Stumped them All

Solitary Shell

The Glass Prison

This Dying Soul

Pull Me Under

NOTE: I want As I Am on there for sure since that's the first DT song I heard that stuck with me and I know he's already heard it and likes it as well. The Dark Eternal Night I figure he'd like because of the Maiden-like chorus so that's gotta' be on there too.

Thanks!

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ May 9 2009, 09:11 PM)
I gave Scenes From A Memory its first listen in something like four months, and damn, it's a great album! "The Spirit Carries On", which was the first DT song I ever heard (last year on Gary's show) remains my favorite, but the rest of the album ain't shoddy either. laugh.gif

Hells no, that's a classic even I can tell that much wink.gif

The only one that took awhile to grow on me was Home, but after hearing it live on Scenes from NY I like it better now. I also like how super-animated the doctor sounds on that album hahaha...