Official Dream Theater Thread

Tick

you're cool, earl

Thank you my dear.

I'm just trying to keep the creative juices flowing. Nice to know you can see through all of my "smoke and mirrors." "The Wilderness Of Mirrors?" LOL

Just having fun at everyone else's expenses. The story of my life! LOL!

"Money talks, suckers walk, but you can't touch my three lock box."

Love,

Sammy Hagar

• Like 2

It just dawned on me that the magic that I was hearing during the parts of The Astonishing I liked can be most easily explained as an audible bassline.

Dream Theater ain't dead as long as they still have Myung. Only true hero left.

you're cool, earl

Thank you my dear.

I'm just trying to keep the creative juices flowing. Nice to know you can see through all of my "smoke and mirrors." "The Wilderness Of Mirrors?" LOL

Love,

Sammy Hagar

I love your "streams of consciousness", Earl. Wait...isn't that a Train of Thought song?

• Like 2

:LOL:

LOL!

Shit! Just listening to the end of "Space Dyed Vest." Song could still make me cry. A real Dream Theater song.

I would rather watch Michael Jordan play keyboards and synthesizers in Dream Theater than Jordan Rudeness.

UGH!

"THE WIZARD" KILLED DREAM THEATER! NOT PORTNOY! Nor did the new MANGINA!!

Signed,

URIAH HEEP Of Dream Theater ShIte!

I MISS RUSH!

Get it? LOL

It just dawned on me that the magic that I was hearing during the parts of The Astonishing I liked can be most easily explained as an audible bassline.

Dream Theater ain't dead as long as they still have Myung. Only true hero left.

Day! That is so funny! I used to compare Myung To Jason Newsted of Metallican't. You can barely hear Myung on many albums. You can't hear Newsted at all on "And Justice For All."

So that being said I had front front row in San Jose for the "Silver Linings" gig. I was right in front on Myung all night.

The guy blew me away. So yes, I gained massive respect for him that night. His finger movements were effortless.

The dude also has beautiful hair.

Glad I wasn't in front of the HGH ROID RAGE OTHER JOHN!!! Talk about a fuckking robot on guitar!!! Mangina and Petrucci should have a baby together. It would be that fuckingg weird baby that Godzilla had in one of those horrible colorized sequels. LOL!

I prefer "GODZILLA" by Blue Oyster Cult. A real rock band from NEW YORK!!!!!!

Please it's ok if you don't agree with me.

Life goes on.

Signed,

"SECRET TREATIES"

"I'm burning I'm burning for you....."

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

you're cool, earl

Thank you my dear.

Love,

Sammy Hagar

I love your "streams of consciousness", Earl. Wait...isn't that a Train of Thought song?

Hahaha!! I love it ROD! You get me!

"I'm burning I'm burning I'm burning for U2!!

Love,

"The Unforgettable Fire"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1

I'd seriously stay up all night listening to you ramble.

Jordan Rudeness? roid rage john? hahahah

I think he's cuter than Moore though. Moore allegedly left cause he felt lonely and all the other members had girlfriends. Prob didn't shower enough. Source: i was a fly on the wall of a recording studio in a past life

Glad we're in agreement about Myung's beautiful mane. I wish I could grow my hair that nice.

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 1

you're cool, earl

Thank you my dear.

Love,

Sammy Hagar

Hahaha!! I love it ROD! You get me!

"I'm burning I'm burning I'm burning for U2!!

Love,

"The Unforgettable Fire"

I mean "Fire Of Unknown Origin" Rod!

I'd seriously stay up all night listening to you ramble.

Jordan Rudeness? roid rage john? hahahah

I think he's cuter than Moore though. Moore allegedly left cause he felt lonely and all the other members had girlfriends. Prob didn't shower enough. Source: i was a fly on the wall of a recording studio in a past life

Glad we're in agreement about Myung's beautiful mane. I wish I could grow my hair that nice.

Hahaha! Thank you my dear! You are awesome!! It figures the only women in the world who get me are on the Rush Forum!! HAHAHA! Love it!

I think you are right about Moore. Poor guy. At least Kevin was taller than Portnoy.

I actually have the first poster of that MK version of the band standing all together in leather jackets. All signed by the band.

I have it framed and it is at my office. Of course I didn't hang it on the wall. But my 1996 KISS REUNION Poster is!

It's right next to my NEIL PEART PARAGON TAPESTRY! LOL!

I know. I'm insane. But in a positive way.

YOU ROCK DAY OF LIGHT TO DARK DARK TO LIGHT LIGHT TO DARK DARK TO LIGHT!! HAHAHAHA!

I could go all night.

I guess people tolerate me on here because I do know my shite.

I loved Dream Theater at one time.

Hey loving a band is like loving a woman or a significant other. You hope the true love lasts for a lifetime, but in the end there is a "Ghost Of A Chance" that it will fail.

I lost my marriage but my true love for RUSH will always be with me until the day I die.

Women and men are replaceable.

RUSH WILL LIVE ON FOREVER!!!! LOL!

• Like 1

You do know your stuff. I only started seriously getting into rock music recently, and so I don't even think I've met a famous person, let alone ever gotten an autograph or anything. Like damn I can't even afford my own music.

The thing about Rush is that if it attracts women it attracts a certain type of woman; maybe an intellectual, or a patient, caring person, or anyone with a triple-digit iq. Personally I'm the type who's willing to sit around listening to three nerds be accidentally hot in the 80's. I describe guitars as "sexy" because I lack any technical knowledge beyond that. I dance to Rush songs.

It sucks about the marriage, but I'm happy you're pulling through reasonably ok.

k i'm gonna sleep now but it was nice talking to you

• Like 1

Hey! Day!

You are awesome and to be honest I am a normal guy with an IQ of 211.2666.

Kidding!

To quote Billy Joel I appreciate your humble "Honesty." "Honesty, it's such a lonely word, everyone is so untrue." You are true.

You are a totally down to earth person and it is a person like you that makes me proud to pass on my musical knowledge.

The great thing is I am still learning about music each and everyday and the Rush Forum is still helping me thrive.

I'm watching "Hair" on blu-ray.

So campy.

I'm an Aquarius born in 1968.

Age Of Aquarius?

No wonder I'm so insane!!! Lol!

Goodnight!

Sweet dreams......

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I've just discovered that this is the first Dream Theater concert that I won't be singing at. Just can't do it.

I'm sure I'll be whispering (humorously to myself)

I have passed into Olympus

As was told by tales of old

To the city of immortals

Marble white and pure as gold

• Like 1

Earl should do a song-by-song commentary on The Astonishing. I'd pay money to see it.

Same...I imagine him battling to contain hos adoration as he descends into his chaotic, expletive ridden madness!

I can't tell if he likes the album anymore! It's certainly always really interesting to me to see how people adapt to new releases.

Sometimes when a record instantly appeals, it's magic wears off. Often, the albums I most strongly dislike turn out to be challenges worth confronting! I end up loving them!

But The Astonishing seems to divide fans quite neatly down the middle...and then their is Earl, and I just can't tell which side of the fence he is on!

I love it...

Earl should do a song-by-song commentary on The Astonishing. I'd pay money to see it.

That would be fun Day but I would really love to do an album to album commentary from "Falling" to "The Astonishing Abundance Of Mediocre Mickey Mouse Metal!"

I would rather listen to MICKEY RATT Demos.

Signed,

"BACK FOR MORE!"

Earl, did you lose interest in The Astonishing then?

Hey Myles. After my third listen yes, I still enjoyed it but found myself bored. I had to put on "Sirens" by SAVATAGE to wake me up! METAL!!!!

Aaaaah...yeah I found it dull. Plan to revisit it in a few months when I will have fresher ears and more realistic expectations.

Listened to TA in its entirety Saturday night. I keep picking up stuff I didn't hear before. I really enjoy this album.

I love all 3 post Portnoy albums. Dream Theater in Connecticut in April. Its going to be quite a night. Anyone who has the guts will meet me in the lobby before the show! I will buy you a drink!

• Like 1

Listened to TA in its entirety Saturday night. I keep picking up stuff I didn't hear before. I really enjoy this album.

I love all 3 post Portnoy albums. Dream Theater in Connecticut in April. Its going to be quite a night. Anyone who has the guts will meet me in the lobby before the show! I will buy you a drink!

I was debating whether or not to see them at the London Palladium...but decided to miss it as I don't like the album. I look forward to the feedback, and bootlegs, though as I would like to know if they pull it off live!