BRONCOS VS. STEELERS

Tick

ok t.r.f. who you gonna get behind ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. ok t.r.f. who you gonna get behind ?

• BRONCOS
    • STEELERS

battle of the football threads , can you believe it came to this !

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=denver+broncos/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=12dfvll3i/EXP=1137452522/*-http%3A//www.cheerleader.com/broncos/04/04BroncosCalCov.jpg

go denver !

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=denver+broncos/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=12ur6334o/EXP=1137452672/*-http%3A//www.onlineseats.com/upload/sports/69_spt_69_spt_denver-broncos1.jpg

broncos rock !

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=denver+broncos/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=13fjsatr3/EXP=1137452837/*-http%3A//users2.ev1.net/~trumbull/images/Mini%20Helmets/NFL-Denver_Broncos_TB_75-96_small.JPG

old school !

Steelers...

Now that the Colts are eliminated, I think the Steelers will win the whole thing.

Superbowl ring #5 for them in February.

(Then they will be tied with my Niners & the stinkin' Cowboys tongue.gif)

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Jan 15 2006, 08:49 PM)
Steelers...

Now that the Colts are eliminated, I think the Steelers will win the whole thing.

Superbowl ring #5 for them in February.

(Then they will be tied with my Niners & the stinkin' Cowboys tongue.gif)

I like the way you think smile.gif

One for the Thumb new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 11:52 AM)
Hmmm I can't decide who I want. laugh.gif

yeah , me neither.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 16 2006, 07:49 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 11:52 AM)
Hmmm I can't decide who I want.  laugh.gif

yeah , me neither.

rofl3.gif

One of us are gonna be a happy mofo come next week. laugh.gif

QUOTE (tangdog @ Jan 16 2006, 08:01 AM)
Broncos will win is my guess. The altitutude, whether it is mentioned or not plays a factor in all games in Denver.

It takes 3 years to figure out Denvers offense and this is Plummers 3rd year.

I have a lot of respect for coach Shanahan, I think he's the best coach in the league right now. How he wasn't even nominated for the coach of the year amazes me. It's never easy trying to figure out what he's gonna do. Denver probably has the biggest home field advantage in football, always have. I lived there and know how hard it is to adjust to the altitude. The weather won't be a factor because the steelers are used to bad weather though, plus we have a great running game so that helps. I think the Steelers should go there a few days early to try to get used to the altitude. If they plan on winning they will have to play a perfect game. They didn't get one false start penalty in Indy, they will have to repeat that and not make any mistakes to have a chance next week. It should be a good game to watch.

I figure they are only a -3 1/2 point underdog so that's not bad since it's in Denver. I would much rather it be in Pittsburgh but the steelers had a better road record this year anyway and they also set a record with 11 straight road wins so that is a good thing. None of those games were in Denver though.

Steelers definitely.

I think they are the best team not to have won the SB in recent years. I like Cowher, and considering he's lasted far longer than most HC's do, its about time he won it yes.gif

Since it comes down to the two teams i hate the most in the AFC, i have to go with my AFC WEST allegiances here and go with Denver. They showed me a lot when they beat up on the Pats the way they did. Pittsburgh just beat an already over rated and on the downward slide Colt team. I think Denver will crush Pittsburgh. IF they can stop Roth. yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 15 2006, 03:02 PM)
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=denver+broncos/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=12dfvll3i/EXP=1137452522/*-http%3A//www.cheerleader.com/broncos/04/04BroncosCalCov.jpg
go denver !

John Elway never looked better, she's pretty hot too!!! drool1.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 01:23 PM)
I figure they are only a -3 1/2 point underdog so that's not bad since it's in Denver. I would much rather it be in Pittsburgh but the steelers had a better road record this year anyway and they also set a record with 11 straight road wins so that is a good thing. None of those games were in Denver though.

Steelers are a tough road team for sure........but ,

I like the Broncos in this one....But i also liked Cinncy and Indy to win ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Templar of Syrinx @ Jan 16 2006, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 16 2006, 01:23 PM)

Steelers are a tough road team for sure........but ,

I like the Broncos in this one....But i also liked Cinncy and Indy to win ph34r.gif

Yep, I wouldn't want you to change now, might be bad luck!! smile.gif

Once again the best match up is in Denver. There are a few things that bode well for the Broncs. First off, Shanahan seems to have finally rubbed off on Plumber. His mistakes are down and his efficiency is up. Secondly Pitt doesn't figure to be able to pressure the rolling out and scrambling Snake the way they did what's his name in Indy. Then there's Cowers record, which is one of big wins in the first round and big chokes in the big game. Cower is 1-4 in the ACG. He damn near choked away the Indy game with his overly conservative offense that killed all the momentum Pitt had going. Pitt simply played their best Defensive game of the year last week. Can they do it again?

On the Bronc's side I really wasn't too impressed by their game last week. I thought that NE mistakes were the big difference. But count on Shanahan to come up with some wrinkles. If they can play as solid this week as last and keep Plumber upright, I like their chances.

Den 24

Pitt 21

1287.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jan 18 2006, 05:56 PM)
  Pitt simply played their best Defensive game of the year last week. Can they do it again?

The Steelers played several great defensive games this season. I watched them all. They had 6 games where they gave up 10 or less points. I wouldn't say this was their best defensive game all year by any means. They played several games where their defense dominated the whole game. They have one of the best defenses in the league. Matter of fact, their defense was so good all season only 1 team in the afc gave up less points on the year as them all season, and only 2 teams in the entire league gave up less points than them on the season (bears,colts) so I wouldn't exactly say this was their best defensive game all year, they played great pretty much all season and the points against statistic proves it. yes.gif

Can they do it again? Sure they can, but will they? That's why they play the game.

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 18 2006, 10:44 PM)
  Pitt simply played their best Defensive game of the year last week. Can they do it again?

The Steelers played several great defensive games this season. I watched them all. They had 6 games where they gave up 10 or less points. I wouldn't say this was their best defensive game all year by any means. They played several games where their defense dominated the whole game. They have one of the best defenses in the league. Matter of fact, their defense was so good all season only 1 team in the afc gave up less points on the year as them all season, and only 2 teams in the entire league gave up less points than them on the season (bears,colts) so I wouldn't exactly say this was their best defensive game all year, they played great pretty much all season and the points against statistic proves it. yes.gif

Can they do it again? Sure they can, but will they? That's why they play the game.

True that! But did any of those games come against competition like Indy? My claim of their best D performance is based on Indy being by far the best offense they faced this year. Let's see... they held the Bungles to 13 @ Cincy and 17 at Pitt, very respectable. And they held Indy to 26 in a losing effort in which they weren't at full speed. They've had dominating D efforts against lesser teams, but this is the playoffs. I have much respect for the Pitt D, and am a big fan of The Burgermeister since his MAC days, it's The Chin I doubt, and of course I have to root against them so they don't join the 5 rings club with my Cows! BOL anyway. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Jan 18 2006, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 18 2006, 10:44 PM)

True that! But did any of those games come against competition like Indy? My claim of their best D performance is based on Indy being by far the best offense

Actually, the colts were 3rd ranked offense. But ya, I agree, the Steelers played one hell of a game for playing against the best team in football, on the road, in the playoffs. For some reason the steelers won more games on the road than at home though. They set an NFL record with 11 wins on the road spanning from last season to this season. But then again, Denver haven't lost any home games all year. So it sounds like this could be a good game. They both are on a roll. If ya think about it, this game has all the things needed for a Championship game. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous.

Archived