1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die

Test4VitalSigns

Found this list of 1001 albums released between 1955-2005 that 90 international critics determine that people should listen to before they die....Only 2 2.gif albums made it (2112 and Moving Pictures).......

How many do you agree with? How many do you think don't belong? Are there any you are curious about? What are ones you think are missing?

Let the debate begin.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=15078

QUOTE (Larks @ Jan 13 2006, 04:39 AM)
You must hear(and buy,and kiss it every day) In the court of the crimson king,THIS IS THE BEST PROG ALBUM EVER new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
and you must hear "the snow goose" by camel, I cant find it in the list dazed025.gif

snow goose is great, but i think it's their third best album - the first would HAVE to be moonmadness, and the second is mirage. still, snow goose is all instrumental, so it's got that going for it. cool.gif

I notice the Manic Street Preachers' "Everything Must Go" is in there. Whilst this is a pretty good album, its by no means their best.

Best and considered a classic is "The Holy Bible", but no mention confused13.gif

Whether or not you agree with it, and the totally awesome lyrics/music, its still a must to listen to at some point in one's life. This album totally altered my outlook on life, people and the World in general 1022.gif

Ahh! I just found it eh.gif

edited coz I found it :foot in mouth:

Just a couple of notes, seeing as how it would take me a year or two to make a full post about it...:

Holy God, "Scum" by Napalm Death made the list...

I wanted to laugh when I ctrl+f'd Tool, and nothing came up... 1001 slots, and you guys couldn't give just one Tool album a spot?

And no Coheed and Cambria in the 2000's equals FAIL....

Too long a list to check out, and I'm sure he's got at least one on there, but if there's no Roy Orbison album, it's not complete. Yeah, that's right! No ye not the sources of that which ye enjoy?

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 13 2006, 02:12 PM)
Just a couple of notes, seeing as how it would take me a year or two to make a full post about it...:

Holy God, "Scum" by Napalm Death made the list...

I wanted to laugh when I ctrl+f'd Tool, and nothing came up... 1001 slots, and you guys couldn't give just one Tool album a spot?

And no Coheed and Cambria in the 2000's equals FAIL....

I too think at least Aenima should have made that list. Otherwise, it seems to be fairly complete. A long read, for sure.

I believe Peter Gabriel's Third Solo Album (Peter Gabriel III) is much better than his first one.

The list is too long to look through, but was Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick on there. It should be if it isn't.

Other than that it looks pretty balanced, but its impossible to get a perfect one.

QUOTE (Daggy @ Jan 15 2006, 10:10 AM)
Captain Beefheart and Venom? Christ on the suffering cross.....i think i'm gonna 062802puke_prv.gif

i don't know anything about venom, but the two (well, i saw two, there may be more) captain beefheart albums on this list - safe as milk & trout mask replica are total classics IMHO...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 15 2006, 04:39 PM)
Captain Beefheart and Venom? Christ on the suffering cross.....i think i'm gonna  062802puke_prv.gif

i don't know anything about venom, but the two (well, i saw two, there may be more) captain beefheart albums on this list - safe as milk & trout mask replica are total classics IMHO...

I can get Safe As Milk at the same place I picked up TMR... and if it's only half as good, I gotta go get it now...

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jan 15 2006, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 15 2006, 04:39 PM)
Captain Beefheart and Venom? Christ on the suffering cross.....i think i'm gonna  062802puke_prv.gif

I can get Safe As Milk at the same place I picked up TMR... and if it's only half as good, I gotta go get it now...

it's VERRRRRRRY different, so be prepared. it is, however, a great album - a couple of songs aren't so hot, but most of it is pretty consistent. the song "electricity" has to be heard to be believed...

QUOTE (thestand @ Jan 13 2006, 10:26 AM)
Bah, my school blocks it. I'll look tonight.

Haha, the school blocks mine too.

They block it under reasons for "sex, recreation" apparently . . .

Ridiculous.

Wow, Thats a pretty big list.

How in the world does DEXY'S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS have 3 albums up there???? Didn't they have like one song, EVER......

Only one KISS album made it. Kudos to them picking MINOR THREAT and FUGAZI though. yes.gif

Most heiness, glaring omission = No BLUE OYSTER CULT!!!!!!

How can that be???? ohmy.gif confused13.gif

Archived