king kong!!!!!

Tick

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planning on seeing it tomorrow afternoon.

Correct me if I'm wrong though... there was little marketing of this film.

I believe it will take time for it to make money, but I believe it will. Eventually.

Destined to become a classic!

Saw it today and, let me warn you, I am quite the film bough :cough:

This is amazing! It is one of the most visually stunning movies of all time. You go into it expecting to sit there and say "That's amazing CGI" but you don't, because you can't tell the difference. One of the most suprising things that I found is I actually connected with Kong. You felt his anger, and his protective semi-love for the leading lady. Yes, this movie could've been edited in the middle, but when you're watching this movie, you won't even notice, as you are in a state of awe. Please, see this movie. It won't disappoint.

QUOTE (thestand @ Dec 18 2005, 12:01 AM)
Saw it today and, let me warn you, I am quite the film bough :cough:

This is amazing! It is one of the most visually stunning movies of all time. You go into it expecting to sit there and say "That's amazing CGI" but you don't, because you can't tell the difference. One of the most suprising things that I found is I actually connected with Kong. You felt his anger, and his protective semi-love for the leading lady. Yes, this movie could've been edited in the middle, but when you're watching this movie, you won't even notice, as you are in a state of awe. Please, see this movie. It won't disappoint.

Exactly! This is a movie for film buffs. There is some masterful directing in the film.

ohmy.gif

Outstanding, what a great job of film making. It simply can not be made better than this. There was applause at the credits. Naomi Watts should not only get a nomination for best actress, but they should just Fed-Ex that puppy to her right now!!

Can you even imagine anyone doing that well at supporting a character, let alone a empty space for an added CGI? I can not.

Naomi Watts has a long and prosperous career awaiting her in front of the camera eye. She was astounding. The ape was a close second.

Like I said before... destined to become a classic!!!

i saw it yesterday.............underwhelmed,no difference whatsoever than any previous,apart from the cgi,& even that ain't the best,check out when kong goes on the rampage,little cgi figures running as only cgi figures can,& also when the fella lobs the flare into the rocks at the bottom of the crevice,even worse cgi.......... not worth the hype . narnia was better. there is no way he is gonna top lord of the rings trilogy,so why bother wasting millions on cgi???????????

Computer special effects can be good, but if overdone, can kill the movie IMO. While they look more realistic than previous special effects of years past, they still look fake and unfortunately are being overused in the movies of today.

Laugh if you want, but I always thought the 1976 version was really good. Granted, the special effects of that time weren't that great, but they didn't take away from the story.

I guess I don't like to be inundated with special effects in order to enjoy a movie.

i saw it and i absolutely LOVED IT! I THOUGHT IT WAS EXCELLENT!

definitely brilliant film-making. and that one article was right: it was definitely very intense.

it was very POWERFUL as well. i was so sad for Kong in the movie.

and of course the action was wicked. the part where he fights those 3 t-rex's was insanely awesome.

i think this may become one of my very favorite movies. i'll most definitely be getting it on dvd when it comes out, and i'll probably be seeing it again (hell possibly even twice again) in theaters.

Edited by Freedom_Fighter

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 19 2005, 10:03 AM)
Computer special effects can be good, but if overdone, can kill the movie IMO. While they look more realistic than previous special effects of years past, they still look fake and unfortunately are being overused in the movies of today.

Laugh if you want, but I always thought the 1976 version was really good. Granted, the special effects of that time weren't that great, but they didn't take away from the story.

I guess I don't like to be inundated with special effects in order to enjoy a movie.

CT,

Was the CGI that over the top in the new Kong movie? Did it take away from the story? I'm still pondering whether to see this on the big screen or not.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Dec 20 2005, 12:01 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 19 2005, 10:03 AM)

CT,

Was the CGI that over the top in the new Kong movie? Did it take away from the story? I'm still pondering whether to see this on the big screen or not.

If you ever want to see this movie, see it on the big screen. It's one of those movies that, even though it is well acted and directed, seeing it on the small screen will be underwhelming.

I know I am going to take some criticism for this but I saw it last night it was a huge let down.

Yes the CGI was done well however by staying too true to a story made in the 1930's it lost sight that people in 2005 are watching it while there are alot of things you tend to overlook when watching a movie made 70 years ago it is tough to do so with a more recent one.

ph34r.gif

Saw King Kong today. It was super.

Jack Black is putting me off seeing it.

Rented Kong & Watched it tonight

That friggin Big Ape got me Cryin unsure.gif

And those friggin Natives were Scarey As Hell/Creepy lookin ph34r.gif

I liked it even tho it was lil over 3 hours..

At least i was cumffy in my Couch with a doobie cool10.gif

Id watch it gain yes.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This was a very good movie..I agree that you must see it on the big screen beacuse they have some amazing effects and some awesome action scens and such.

On the downside I thought the movie was wayyy to long. Definetly for a movie about an ape.

But all in all I thought the acting and everything was great. Jack Balck and Brody were awesome in this movie and Naomi Watts was awesome too.