Blizzard of 78 , 45th anniversary.

Chicken hawk

Yeah, I remember that in NYC.  Piles of snow on most street corners at least 20 feet high.

We'd turn them into forts, climb up and let snowball hell rain down on those below.  Fun times for a bunch of 10-13 year olds.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, grep said:

Yeah, I remember that in NYC.  Piles of snow on most street corners at least 20 feet high.

We'd turn them into forts, climb up and let snowball hell rain down on those below.  Fun times for a bunch of 10-13 year olds.

For kids it was great, we went to the local store for supplies on snow mobiles.  Jumped off our house roofs for fun.  People were all Helpful and NICE. I would have been 19.

• Like 3

Such a huge snow! We got about 23 inches where I lived.  There were record low readings on the weather service barometer, too, I think. Trying to find some photos, but having problems with Imgur today. The temperatures were cold that winter, too, the snow stuck around forever in Pennsylvania!  I remember walking to a neighbors house and felt like a rat in a maze.  The sidewalks were shoveled but other than that, the snow was about waist high. 

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

On 2/7/2024 at 2:22 PM, blueschica said:

Such a huge snow! We got about 23 inches where I lived.  There were record low readings on the weather service barometer, too, I think. Trying to find some photos, but having problems with Imgur today. The temperatures were cold that winter, too, the snow stuck around forever in Pennsylvania!  I remember walking to a neighbors house and felt like a rat in a maze.  The sidewalks were shoveled but other than that, the snow was about waist high. 

Karen's parents were originally from Copper Country in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  They'd see that and say, "Aw, that's a light dusting, get your ass to school!" The area was surrounded by Lake Superior on 3 sides.  The middle of a giant snow engine.

• Like 3

1978- 46th anniversary, I believe, not 45th.

I was not quite five years old. I remember my sister getting to stay home from school, and we had fun out in the snow.

• Like 1