The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

12 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Jackets 5 Hawks 2 :zzz: :cosmo: :zzz: Another point for Bedard. 15-41-5

Does he have more points than the team at this point?

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Does he have more points than the team at this point?

If you mean team points in the standings, then yes. If you mean more points than all the other players on the team, then don't be funny.  :wink:

Just watched Hawks vs Canadiens from 1986. Hawks finished 39-33-8 and still won the division. Ah, the old Norris division.   :wub:

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 4:29 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Am I the asshole for rooting against Ovechkin ever catching Gretzky? I'm not sure what it is, but I just never warmed up to that guy.

I am with you, I have never liked the guy either. :confused:

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 9:31 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Avalanche 5 Hawks 0 :rolleyes: It's off, Rhyta. 15-40-5 

You'll get another chance Monday :wink:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rhyta said:

You'll get another chance Monday :wink:

I can wait. Mrazek coming out of his crease every chance he gets, Jones mishandling the puck (that first Columbus goal on Saturday was ridiculous), Bedard slamming the bench door, not to mention the altitude... 

• Like 1

Avalanche 5 Hawks 0 :rolleyes: Richardson making jokes about the Hawks winless streak on the road. And he's got arm tattoos. Why isn't this guy fired yet? 15-42-5

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Avalanche 5 Hawks 0 :rolleyes: Richardson making jokes about the Hawks winless streak on the road. And he's got arm tattoos. Why isn't this guy fired yet? 15-42-5

Avs keep their winning home record going.  MacKinnon is now tied again with Kucherov for the scoring lead.  Happy Cale got a goal, he'd had a dry spell.  And that stop on Bedard,  way to go Annunen!   Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.... After that awful loss in Nashville Saturday this was much better to watch. 

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs keep their winning home record going.  MacKinnon is now tied again with Kucherov for the scoring lead.  Happy Cale got a goal, he'd had a dry spell.  And that stop on Bedard,  way to go Annunen!   Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in.... After that awful loss in Nashville Saturday this was much better to watch. 

On the bright side, we didn't get to see Wagner's bald spot this time like we did after his fight with Johnson in the other game.  

• Haha 1

This trade deadline is just crazy.  AVS got Middlestadt from Buffalo but lose Byram to them. (Backstory Byram probably asked to be traded, he and Dylan Cousins were team mates in juniors). Avs need another center so let's hope he pans out.  Then Johanson goes to Philly for Walker, and 2 more guys who I have no idea why they got them :confused:

Guentzel did get moved to the Canes, rumors are Sullivan will be gone at the end of the season.  A couple more hours left, it will be interesting to see who gets who in the last hours.

• Like 3

Watching thevLeafs-Kraken game.  It's Women In Hockey night in Seattle, too!  Apparently sponsored by Jack Daniel's, if the boards are to be believed.  :confused:

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 7:21 PM, goose said:

Watching the Maple Leafs', and Kraken's game.  It's Women In Hockey night in Seattle, too!  Apparently sponsored by Jack Daniel's, if the boards are to be believed.  :confused:

Goose (Allen), From Fri. night, in one of the four N.H.L. games, the Toronto Maple Leafs, weren't scheduled to play Seattle Kraken, in Seattle.  It was the Winnipeg Jets.  Winnipeg, won 3-0.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

What a year the Bruins are having. Up and down and all around. At least the Bruins won't have the best record in the league this year.

Going to see the Bruins when they come to S Florida on the 26th of this month. One of my guys at work his nephew Carlo a defenseman with the B's. He says he can get me a swat behind the Bruins bench. We shall 👀. ✌️

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 6:43 PM, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks 7 Coyotes 4 :explode: Bedard passes Stu Grimson on the career goalscoring list. 17-43-5

Just watched a replay from that game and realized Stu was in the announcing booth...:hockey2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Just watched a replay from that game and realized Stu was in the announcing booth...:hockey2:

I don't know why he's there, but I hope he stays.  :smile:  Much better than Pang. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I don't know why he's there, but I hope he stays.  :smile:  Much better than Pang. 

I think he was just visiting, he's on NHL Network frequently so that's his steady job.  You don't like Pang?  Holy jumpin' really?  I think he's funny but can only take him in short (ha ha) segments.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1