The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

8 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Smith Entertainment Group, owners of Utah Jazz proposing Salt Lake City for NHL franchise.

This a joke, I don't know why they are even trying this, this town won't support an NHL franchise.  Since the Jazz moved to Utah, hockey has been ignored by the locals and news media, the minor league teams in SLC have survived but just barely.  Don't hold your breath.:laugh2:

They also are trying for a MLB franchise too, might as well go whole hog. :confused:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Last night MacKinnon jumped back ahead of Kucherov in goals by scoring another 4 goals (MacTrick:biggrin:) as AVS beat the Caps 6-2.  This the second time he has scored 4 goals in a game in the last two months.   If Mac doesn't get seriously considered for the Hart, it will be a shame.  Great game!! :hockey2:

Also Cale Makar broke the club record for most goals by a defenseman too :clap:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

This a joke, I don't know why they are even trying this, this town won't support an NHL franchise.  Since the Jazz moved to Utah, hockey has been ignored by the locals and news media, the minor league teams in SLC have survived but just barely.  Don't hold your breath.:laugh2:

They also are trying for a MLB franchise too, might as well go whole hog. :confused:

They could name the team the Utah Romneys...no, still no news coverage. 

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2024 at 4:23 PM, blackhawkrush said:

They could name the team the Utah Romneys...no, still no news coverage. 

Please...that's just horrible.  But we have some suggestions like the Yeti or Brine Shrimps...:blink::puke:

Yeah Bettman said basically, get in line there are at least 4 other cities ahead of you.  To hear the local news here, it's a done deal.  Only way we could get one is if Arizona decides to move and even then it is doubtful. :confused:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Please...that's just horrible.  But we have some suggestions like the Yeti or Brine Shrimps...:blink::puke:

Yeah Bettman said basically, get in line there are at least 4 other cities ahead of you.  To hear the local news here, it's a done deal.  Only way we could get one is if Arizona decides to move and even then it is doubtful. :confused:

I'd like to see Nordiques or Whalers return. That would take us back.   :wub:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks all alone in last place after a Sharks win last night.   :rr:

Good work!

Do the Oilers tie the record on the other side of the All-Star break? How real is momentum in sports?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Good work!

Do the Oilers tie the record on the other side of the All-Star break? How real is momentum in sports?

Gretzky is getting attacked from all sides now, but I don't think McDavid is winning five Cups.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Poor MKN and HGS. I'm sure they were still...:smile:  

?  Not sure who you are referring to...

All Star Activities were much better this year, the skills went back to some classics which were better than the silly ones they tried the last two years.  Cale Makar won the hardest shot, Nate MacKinnon won the One Timers and Georgiev won the goal tending event, shutting down McDavid.  So they fared pretty well.

I enjoyed it but it was a bit pretentious to go on and on about McDavid winning when they consulted him on which skills he practiced most and surprise he won the event (surprise...NOT).  Then they had to have the hometown team win the game to make the fans in Toronto happy.  Overall a fun event to watch but too predictable and whoever picked the singers for the national anthems should be shot :puke:and those uniforms were Ugly :smash:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

All Star Activities were much better this year, the skills went back to some classics which were better than the silly ones they tried the last two years.  Cale Makar won the hardest shot, Nate MacKinnon won the One Timers and Georgiev won the goal tending event, shutting down McDavid.  So they fared pretty well.

I enjoyed it but it was a bit pretentious to go on and on about McDavid winning when they consulted him on which skills he practiced most and surprise he won the event (surprise...NOT).  Then they had to have the hometown team win the game to make the fans in Toronto happy.  Overall a fun event to watch but too predictable and whoever picked the singers for the national anthems should be shot :puke:and those uniforms were Ugly :smash:

Agree about the uniforms, and the first time I saw the All-Star logo, I assumed the event was being sponsored by Church's Chicken! Must do better, NHL.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rhyta said:

MKN and HGS are the abbreviations of the two teams that lost in the semifinals. I don't know what they stand for, because this is my full knowledge of the All-Star weekend. Oh, and whatever you've written. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

MKN and HGS are the abbreviations of the two teams that lost in the semifinals. I don't know what they stand for, because this is my full knowledge of the All-Star weekend. Oh, and whatever you've written. 

Ok, I figured it out,  Team MacKinnon and Team Hughes..weird

• Like 1

The All-Star weekend was a success.  At the All-Star Skills Competition, and All-Star Game, Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner, William Nylander, and Morgan Rielly, did really well, especially Auston Matthews, and William Nylander, when they came in third, and fourth place in the Skills Competion, and Auston Matthews' team won the All-Star Game.  Without being, and sounding biased to only saying by including Toronto Maple Leafs' players, the other players, who were selected to be there did a good job, and tried their best, too.  This week Toronto, has a two game home stand, and a road game.  Tonight, they are in Toronto, to play against New York Islanders, which Toronto, lost 3-2, Wed., they are in Toronto, to play against Dallas, which Toronto, won 5-4, and Sat., in Ottawa, to play against Ottawa, which Toronto, lost 5-3.  Auston Matthews, scored two goals to give him forty-two in fifty games.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 9:06 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Agree about the uniforms, and the first time I saw the All-Star logo, I assumed the event was being sponsored by Church's Chicken! Must do better, NHL.

I think it was an over-reaction to the pastel uniforms from last year, so many disliked them too.  Don't know why they have to mess up something so easy, stick with the classic design used in the past, duh.

• Like 1