The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

25 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

With Lehkonen out for the season, Av's may try to lure Kane, though it wouldn't necessarily make me do cartwheels. 

I haven't heard that Lehky is out for the season  but on long term disability, that would really suck if we lose him too.  He is such a good player.  I know some say the Avs are interested in Kane but I have my doubts they have the cap space for him.  That would be lovely from my standpoint if they picked him up but I have a feeling he will stay in the East.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I haven't heard that Lehky is out for the season  but on long term disability, that would really suck if we lose him too.  He is such a good player.  I know some say the Avs are interested in Kane but I have my doubts they have the cap space for him.  That would be lovely from my standpoint if they picked him up but I have a feeling he will stay in the East.

Lehkonen is making 5M this season. I don't think Kane can ask for more given the circumstances. 

• Like 1

Toronto, has another two game road trip, where today, they are in Chicago, to play against Chicago, which Toronto, lost 4-3 in overtime, and tomorrow night, they are in Pittsburgh, to play against Pittsburgh, which Toronto, lost 3-2.  Their road record is 5-2-3.  In nineteen games, they are 10-6-3.

Edited by Derek19

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs now lead the Central Division after 3 back to back wins, 5-2 Vancouver, 3-2 Wild and 3-1 Flames. :clap:

Those scores are something the Hawks used to achieve.  :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Kane agrees to terms with Wings...  :moon: 

I knew you would not be happy with this turn of events.  Bet he wants to play with DeBrincat again, that would be worth watching. :wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I knew you would not be happy with this turn of events.  Bet he wants to play with DeBrincat again, that would be worth watching. :wink:

Thankfully it's only for one year, 2.7M. With Perry and Hall gone, we could've dished out more. It's not like Detroit is winning it this season. 

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Thankfully it's only for one year, 2.7M. With Perry and Hall gone, we could've dished out more. It's not like Detroit is winning it this season. 

Is Perry not coming back?  I heard he was not playing but didn't know the details.  That really puts a wrench in things.

Do you think Kane wants to return to the Hawks?  All he will get is a bunch of grief for not being a savior, not a happy prospect IMHO

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Is Perry not coming back?  I heard he was not playing but didn't know the details.  That really puts a wrench in things.

Do you think Kane wants to return to the Hawks?  All he will get is a bunch of grief for not being a savior, not a happy prospect IMHO

Who would you choose playing on the same line with, DeBrincat or Bedard?  

5 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Who would you choose playing on the same line with, DeBrincat or Bedard?  

Bedard would be fun but all the pressure of helping pull the team up by it's bootstraps probably led to his exit from the Hawks. I think he and DeBrincat were a great combination and to be honest, one I would love to see again.  It is also possible that after seeing the problems Backstrom on the Caps had with the same hip surgery Kane did, he's not sure how things will go for him.  Playing it safe I guess.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Bedard would be fun but all the pressure of helping pull the team up by it's bootstraps probably led to his exit from the Hawks. I think he and DeBrincat were a great combination and to be honest, one I would love to see again.  It is also possible that after seeing the problems Backstrom on the Caps had with the same hip surgery Kane did, he's not sure how things will go for him.  Playing it safe I guess.

Right, Backstrom's not the only one who had to hang them up after this procedure, but my point is the Hawks had nothing to lose getting Kane, unless of course he said no to them. I wonder if he'll be ready for Thursday's game. Must watch TV. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Hawks are terminating Perry's contract.   :bitchslap:

Conduct unbecoming...that's pretty cryptic.  Management for this team just doesn't know how to deal with publicity...:smash:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Conduct unbecoming...that's pretty cryptic.  Management for this team just doesn't know how to deal with publicity...:smash:

Davidson says it didn't involve any of the players or their families, but it was a 'team incident.' Well, now we know everything.  :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Davidson says it didn't involve any of the players or their families, but it was a 'team incident.' Well, now we know everything.  :rolleyes:

Considering what we know the Blackhawks will tolerate, this must've been something special . . . 

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Considering what we know the Blackhawks will tolerate, this must've been something special . . . 

But this is a new batch. All the people from the Beach era are gone, including Rocky and the players. And at the press conference, it looked for a moment as if Davidson was going to start crying. 

So far, a quarter of, and into the 2023-24 N.H.L. season has been played, and right now, the Toronto Maple Leafs are on a three game home stand in Toronto, which started last night, they played against Florida, where Toronto, won 2-1 in a shootout.  Tomorrow night, they play against Seattle, where Toronto, won 4-3 in a shootout, and on Sat. night, against Boston, where Boston, won 4-3 in overtime.  Auston Matthews, scored two goals to give him sixteen in twenty-two games.  Their home record is 7-4-1.  Overall, in twenty-two games, they are 12-6-4.  
Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1