Rush Radio Domain Expired

Charlotte7598

36 minutes ago, Tinwoodsman said:

www.rushradio.org ?

No this was a different site, it was similar to rushradio.org, because you could also stream Rush music on their, but rushradio.net had interviews on the site as well, along with rare live performances. 

• Like 3

I messeged John, the guy who runs Cygnus-x1.net., on Reddit last night, because rushradio.net was one of the Rush sites linked on there and he said he would try and find out what happened to the website as he had chatted with the people who ran the site before, but not in a while. 

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 9:44 PM, Time Stood Still said:

No this was a different site, it was similar to rushradio.org, because you could also stream Rush music on their, but rushradio.net had interviews on the site as well, along with rare live performances. 

I listen to that sometimes although not recently. The live recordings and the interviews were the attraction for me. It's more convenient to listen to that although if I want to hear complete shows or interviews I would still have to pull out the CD. It's a good streaming sampler kind if I'm being lazy about it.

• Like 2

I got a message back from John saying that he couldn't find anything about what happened. I should've known something was going on when their Facebook page was gone, then again a few months ago Facebook/Meta had some type of outage that completely suspended a bunch of accounts on both Facebook and Instagram and I hadn't checked Rush Radio's page in a while, so take that for what it is. So I guess we'll just see what happens, maybe it won't come back, maybe it will come back, who knows, it might be or it is too early to determine that right now.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grep said:

The domain is still registered.  Seems that the site itself is down.

Wait really? I thought the domain had expired, how do you know this? 

Edited by Time Stood Still

Well it looks like you're right. I checked the domain on ICANN and it says that it will expire on the 30th of June this year, it also said that it last updated from registry RDAP DB was today a few hours ago, I don't know what it means though. This is as of now though, so I don't know what's going to happen soon. But if this is the case, which it probably is, if they updated the domain stuff today, that means that they're trying to figure out how to get the site back up and running.

Edit: Here's a link to another website that has the site's domain history. However, this website does have a limit to how many times you can view for free before signing up.

https://whois.domaintools.com/rushradio.net

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Time Stood Still said:

Well it looks like you're right. I checked the domain on ICANN and it says that it will expire on the 30th of June this year, it also said that it last updated from registry RDAP DB was today a few hours ago, I don't know what it means though. This is as of now though, so I don't know what's going to happen soon. But if this is the case, which it probably is, if they updated the domain stuff today, that means that they're trying to figure out how to get the site back up and running.

Edit: Here's a link to another website that has the site's domain history. However, this website does have a limit to how many times you can view for free before signing up.

https://whois.domaintools.com/rushradio.net

I don't think those updated times you see for today are related to the domain itself.  I think it means that the ICANN database itself was updated (or refreshed) for that site's record today.

Those databases update pretty frequently overall.... to keep the most current information for the internet as a whole.

Let's see what happens in June.....

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, grep said:

I don't think those updated times you see for today are related to the domain itself.  I think it means that the ICANN database itself was updated (or refreshed) for that site's record today.

Those databases update pretty frequently overall.... to keep the most current information for the internet as a whole.

Let's see what happens in June.....

Oh I see. Anyway, the only reason I believe that the website's domain expired is because I went to to the area in Cygnus-x1.net that has all the Rush sites on there and when I clicked on the rushradio.net link, it said the site's domain had expired. So that's why I'm confused, maybe something went wrong with the site, I'm not sure, but as I said before, let's just see what happens. 

• Like 1

The domain was updated on the 13th, it now has the expiration date of June 30, 2024, for those who don't know, when websites open with their domains on a specific, within the next year or few years the people running the website have to renew their rights for the domain if they want to keep, the expiration dates are usually the day and month the website was opened up. For example, if you start a website on May 12, 2021, it's expiration date might be May 12, 2025, sorry if this explanation was a bit much, heh. 

• Like 1

What happened to Rush Radio? Are they done? I usually listen to them when I want the out of context Rush experience but the site says the server "retired."

Kind of a bummer. Usually listened to them once or twice a month. Are there any more stations like this?

• Like 1

Oh yeah I heard about rushradio.org, that's sad, I never got to use it, well there's still rushradio.net, this is the only other one I know of. 

https://rushradio.net/mob_smart.php

• Like 3

I just discovered this tonight, went to the site for some background music while working and it was different. Used it fairly often, probably as recent as November?

Silly me, I kept clicking around to find the Play Now radio button, saw lots of great nostalgia and recent Rush Con stuff for Geddy's tour.

Then I looked closer and sure enough:

Station: Rushradio.org

Server Status: Retired.

RIP 1998 - 2023.

I liked it a lot, donated a couple of times and always got a prompt Thank you. Thank you Rush Radio Dot Org! And great website, in general, by the way :)

I'll check out rushradio.net - thank you, Time Stood Still.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 1:52 PM, Time Stood Still said:

Oh yeah I heard about rushradio.org, that's sad, I never got to use it, well there's still rushradio.net, this is the only other one I know of. 

https://rushradio.net/mob_smart.php

Giving it a listen right now...the 1982 retrospective linked below, to be specific.  The site's list of RUSH  programs is impressive!

https://rushradio.net/mob_nbc1982.php

Edited by goose
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, malm_51 said:

Got it on right now! Never listened to these before, excellent for background music as Bahamas stated!

I'm sure I heard some of them on original, but it's been decades.  I'm excited to listen to all the album releases just to hear the boys when they were young and just getting started.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2023 at 2:41 PM, goose said:

Giving it a listen right now...the 1982 retrospective linked below, to be specific.  The site's list of RUSH  programs is impressive!

https://rushradio.net/mob_nbc1982.php

I think this was the first radio interview I ever bought in the '80s. Never knew they existed until I found this one at Pier Platters in Hoboken. That was the first step down the Rush interview rabbit hole. They're great to pull out when I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

I'm going to check these out.

• Like 1