Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

Judas Priest- Redeemer Of Souls

Still not bad about this album. It's okay, it's definitely at the bottom for me.

Judas Priest- Angel Of Retribution 

I love everything about this album.

Judas Priest- Nostradamus 

I get the hate. I'm playing it now, and overall I enjoy it. I far prefer this to the likes of The Astonishing or 72 Seasons, as far as divisive 21st Century metal albums from classic bands go.

• Like 4

last night i did a ton of listening.  i was high on cough meds so some of it was a trip

Steven Wilson-Hand Cannot Erase (10/10)

Anathema Something about weather (sorry Segue/:zzz:

Muse-2nd Laww (9/10)

Boston-Boston (10/10)

Lynyrd Skynyrd-Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd (10/10)

Radiohead-Kid A (10/10)

Toto-IV (6/10)

Muse-Black Holes...(10/10)

Then i passed out, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

last night i did a ton of listening.  i was high on cough meds so some of it was a trip

Muse-2nd Laww (9/10)

Boston-Boston (10/10)

Radiohead-Kid A (10/10)

Toto-IV (6/10)

Then i passed out, lol

Mick

When you were listening to the Boston album were you thinking, "Hah Wilson can't do this!"? And when you were listening to HCE were you thinking "Shit Scholz can't do this!"?

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Iron Maiden - The Final Frontier (The last 4 songs on this are still so very strong)

The Lemon Twigs - Everything Harmony (Wonderful 60s pop with wonderful vocal melodies)

16 Horsepower - Sackcloth 'N' Ashes

I love pretty much all of The Final Frontier! I'd say it's easily one of my favourite of the reunion albums

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, treeduck said:

When you were listening to the Boston album were you thinking, "Hah Wilson can't do this!"? And when you were listening to HCE were you thinking "Shit Scholz can't do this!"?

and when did Mattt Bellemy join Skynyrd.  this is wild:laugh:

Mick

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I love pretty much all of The Final Frontier! I'd say it's easily one of my favourite of the reunion albums

I think it's overhated. I'm not the biggest fan of some of the shorter songs on it, but they turn things around so well. It's probably some of their very best work post-2000. 

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

No I gave up getting them. The first time I stopped buying albums by an artist I like because they keep making too many. :laugh:

It makes you wonder how much money he's really making/losing putting out all these albums in an era where people don't buy albums like they used to. Although if he was experiencing huge losses doing all these albums I'm guessing he would have stopped by now.

• Like 3

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

It makes you wonder how much money he's really making/losing putting out all these albums in an era where people don't buy albums like they used to. Although if he was experiencing huge losses doing all these albums I'm guessing he would have stopped by now.

I don't think it costs that much to make them. I think he just records them in his home studio and either uploads them and sells them in digital form or burns them to a CD-R. I'm not sure how many he sells at this point, probably only a few hundred per album. Maybe that's how he makes his money tons of albums bought by a hardcore of a few hundred fans (who are more dedicated than me!).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Muse-2nd Laww (9/10)

Boston-Boston (10/10)

Radiohead-Kid A (10/10)

Toto-IV (6/10)

Then i passed out, lol

Mick

Cool choices 👍😎

and I agree with ALL your marks out of 10 rankings  :yes:

• Like 2