Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

On 8/23/2023 at 9:26 PM, TheAccountant said:

Worked from home today so, after some time of not getting to listen to any albums (on youtube or otherwise )it meant it was time to crack open the moving box's and whatever came out got listened to.  First out:

Uriah Heep - Equator

This album was recorded and mixed in late 1984 / early 1985 and, musically, it so sounds like a 1984 album.  I don't mean that in a bad way.  Its decent musically.  Not great (far from it) but not terrible either.  Decent.  As for the layrics, again it sort of sound like 1984 and the group was struggling to come up with decent ideas for song lyrics.  Not horrible but nothing very interesting.  Put another way, the music is better than the lyrics.  Best songs?  That would be "Poor Little Rich Girl" and "Rockarama"  Overall, its an ok album.  

Next out of the box:

Uriah Heep Live - January 1973

Decent live album.  Not awesome but not terrible either.

Next out of the box:

Cream - Goodbye

Hey, its Cream.  Even not at the best they were still very good.

Next out of the box:

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same

Live Zeppelin.  I may not be a huge Zeppelin fan but its still a very good album - esp, when Robert Plant does not sing.  For some reason, his vocals just turn me off.  Its part of the reason I prefer The Who to Zeppelin.  Mind you, I also prefer Keith Moon to Bonzo and John Entwhisle to John Paul Jones.  Plus live I much prefer The Who.  Plus while Plants vocals turn me off I find Roger Daltry's vocals to be awesome.  But still I find this to be an enjoyable album.

Next out of the box:

Cream - Disraeli Gears

Excellent.  A classic.

Next out of the box:

Greta van Fleet - Anthem of the Peaceful Army

I was talked into trying Greta van Fleet by an ex co-worker who was a big Zeppelin fan.  Think I bought this right before I moved, listened to it once and tossed it into the moving box.  Is not bad but nothing I am wild about either.  Could not tell you the title of any of the songs so you can tell its sort of forgettable (esp. with all the other awesome music I listened to today).  Kind of filler IMO.

Next out of the box:

Bad Company - 10 from 6

Bad Companies greatest hits from the first 6 albums.  Not a huge Bad Co. fan (although I saw them twice live in the late 1980's and enjoyed them both times).  Still, whats not to like?  Enjoyable.

Next out of the box:

Dio - Sacred Heart

Ok, some call this Sacred Fart and while I agree its not close to The Last In Line or Holy Diver I still enjoy it.  Good album with "Hungry For Heaven" being the best song (IMO)

Next out of the box:

Nightwish - Once.

Yes, I have this on vinyl.

Heck of an album.  Awesome songs galore - "Dark Chest of Wonders", "Wish I Had An Angel", "Nemo", "Planet Hell", "Creek Marys Blood", & "The Siren". O, yeah - also a little song titled "Ghost Love Score".  Lets not forget that one.  Just excellent.  The amazing thing is I actually prefer Century Child  - but that I don't have on vinyl.

Last out of the box:

Def Leppard - Pyromania

This is the album that got me into hard rock & heavy metal.  An album I never skip a song on with 3 total classics (obviously "Fooling", "Rock of Ages" & "Photograph").  A total classic.

Whew!!  After not listen to any albums for a while I made up for it - started work early, worked though lunch and worked late.  Never stopped listening to music. 

I just got a first pressing of Pyromania at my local record store a few weeks ago.

• Like 3

Sunday-Thursday:

Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected?

The Offspring - Let The Bad Times Roll

The Offspring - Americana

The Offspring - Conspiracy Of One

The Offspring - Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace (Vinyl)

Youth Fountain - Letters To Our Former Selves

Youth Fountain - Letters To Our Former Selves Acoustic EP

Youth Fountain - Keepsakes & Reminders

311 - Greatest Hits (Vinyl)

Youth Fountain - Keepsakes & Reminders Acoustic (EP)

• Like 1

Caught up on new releases today:

Genesis Owusu - Struggler

noname - Sundial

Open Mike Eagle - Another Triumph Of Ghetto Engineering

noname was my fav out of these three

18 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Hall & Oates-X-static (10/10)

THIS Album here.  My fav H & O record.  it's rock, It's pop, It's AOR, It's funk, It's Disco,  it's New Wave, it's soul.  it's just perfect to me.

Wait for me gave me the same feeling i heard playing Popular girl .  only it blows that song away IMO

i love this album.:wub:

Mick

Wait For me - probably my favourite H & O track

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yyz305 said:

Wait For me - probably my favourite H & O track

it is a perfect pop song.  it re-kindled my love for these guys.   I heard it on XM the other day.  i was like oh shit this is fire.  than i dug into spotify and that whole album is kind of a lost gem.  actually my fav run of albums from them is X-static through H20.  just about as perfect a run of pop albums as you'll find.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

actually my fav run of albums from them is X-static through H20.  just about as perfect a run of pop albums as you'll find.

Agreed.

• Like 1

Rush-Moving Pictures(8/10)

I never EVER classified this as perfect like most do.

Tom Sawer.  i honestly don't even start the album with it anymore.

Red Barchetta is mid.  Love the stretch from YYZ to Witch Hunt.  then it closes super weak with Vital Signs (sorry folks that song is annoying)

Do i like this album........of course.

do i find it the holy master work? no.

Mick

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Rush-Moving Pictures(8/10)

I never EVER classified this as perfect like most do.

Tom Sawer.  i honestly don't even start the album with it anymore.

Red Barchetta is mid.  Love the stretch from YYZ to Witch Hunt.  then it closes super weak with Vital Signs (sorry folks that song is annoying)

Do i like this album........of course.

do i find it the holy master work? no.

Mick

Red Barchetta...mid?

get in the BIIIIIIIIIIN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Red Barchetta...mid?

get in the BIIIIIIIIIIN

it is.

suck on it, lol  seriously......it's ok.  not great, not bad but it's fine.  Sorry if i never had the massive boner for this album you all do  but it was never my fav, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

The Killers- Day And Age

The Killers- Battle Born

The Killers- Imploding The Mirage

My top three.

• Like 1