Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

I thought they made you want to jump out of a plane because of how bad the music is 😄

I shouldn't have said that since I've only heard one song from them and it was just noise to my ears. But you set up the joke perfectly.

Well it’s not for everyone. And yes, I guess I did, heh.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MisterWives - Nosebleeds

I know I’m the only person around here who listens much to this band, but I sincerely believe if you have room in your heart for good indie pop/rock they you owe it to yourself to try them out. Stellar vocals, incessantly catchy melodies, killer drumming, and really emotional songwriting.

Been a bit busy recently but finally got the time to listen to some music on youtube:

Demons & Wizard  - Demons & Wizards

Glad I checked it out.  IMO its the best of this groups 3 albums.  Good songs and Hansi's vocals were crazy great.  Pity there won't be any more music from them but at least we will get more Blind Guardian.  Still, very enjoyable (actually all 3 albums from this group were enjoyable).

Just now, treeduck said:

I remember seeing that show on TV and then all of a sudden Brian May and Eddie Van Halen came out with this:

OIP.BPn54Wa9XYJ4LkGu2PPiBAHaHa?pid=ImgDe

I've just (5 minutes ago!) been listening to the interviews from Brian, regarding the back story

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yyz305 said:

Also, haven't listened to much music lately as I've been spending most of my time watching The She's- through the night here in Aus

Edited by yyz305

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Survivor-When Seconds count (10/10)

Mick

This is my equal fave with Vital Signs.

All in all, a killer discography.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

in my mind thes two are an AOR double album.

i love both.

Mick

Exactly how I feel. WSC I find slightly more mellow, which makes them really nice complements. Throw in Strangeways Native Sons, Journey's Infinity and Toto's Fahrenheit, and you have my absolute favourite AOR.

• Like 2

Chris Rea-Shamrock Diaries (10/10)

Like if Springsteen was a member of Dire Straits.  Chris in Interviews said this was the first album where he got to be himself.

He was......according to him......a "label creation" until this album.  While i feel for him if that's true.

the label creation years are my fav, lol  but i include this album and On the Beach in my fav run so it's all good.

Mick

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

Chris Rea-Shamrock Diaries (10/10)

Like if Springsteen was a member of Dire Straits.  Chris in Interviews said this was the first album where he got to be himself.

He was......according to him......a "label creation" until this album.  While i feel for him if that's true.

the label creation years are my fav, lol  but i include this album and On the Beach in my fav run so it's all good.

Mick

This is my personal fave.

I recommend Auberge only because its a common entryway for fans. Glad you tried others 

• Like 1

Pearl Jam- Ten

Played the original. Its like a balm for my soul, I know it so well. I think Redux is superb, and enhances the original album beautifully.

But this is how I've listened to it for nearly two decades, and I like it just fine as it is.

• Like 3

Chris Rea-Deltics (10/10)

my fav Rea album.  if anyone loves Elvis costello and Boz Scaggs with a tiny dash of Bar period Tom waits.  i wholeheartedly recommend this album.

Mick

Pearl Jam- Vs.

There was a time I didn't play this album at all, thinking it was overrated. Erm...never mind me, I was once again wrong. I love it more and more.

Creed- Human Clay

One of the all time greats. Don't even care.

Septicflesh- Modern Primitive 

This symphonic death metal album and band makes me happy. Gosh I love them. Brutiful.

• Like 3

Rhapsody Of Fire- Symphony Of Enchanted Lands II (The Dark Secret)

My favourite power metal band, i think. I think they have the edge on Blind Guardian for me...

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Pearl Jam- Vs.

There was a time I didn't play this album at all, thinking it was overrated. Erm...never mind me, I was once again wrong. I love it more and more.

Creed- Human Clay

One of the all time greats. Don't even care.

Septicflesh- Modern Primitive 

This symphonic death metal album and band makes me happy. Gosh I love them. Brutiful.

Weathered used to be my favorite Creed album but after revisiting their albums for the first time since they broke up, I now think Human Clay is.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Weathered used to be my favorite Creed album but after revisiting their albums for the first time since they broke up, I now think Human Clay is.

Human Clay just has more emotion, methinks.

Weathered is still kickass though, definitely their creative peak

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Human Clay i think is their best.  But i have to say i play Weathered way more.  it's my fav.

I'd go.

1. Weathered

2. Human clay

3. My Own Prison'

4. Full Circle.

Mick

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Human Clay i think is their best.  But i have to say i play Weathered way more.  it's my fav.

I'd go.

1. Weathered

2. Human clay

3. My Own Prison'

4. Full Circle.

Mick

I really like Full Circle. Its reputation as a disappointing album is fair, but they were so huge, you can't blame them for being creatively tired. And Tapp was not in a good place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I really like Full Circle. Its reputation as a disappointing album is fair, but they were so huge, you can't blame them for being creatively tired. And Tapp was not in a good place.

i find it super generic.

and given stapp's problems honestly shouldn't have been made.

Mick

• Like 1

Chris Rea-Auberge (7/10)

I know it's a fav but i rank it pretty low. he started moving away from a pop based sound (which i maintain he was best at......i strongly disagree with the artist in this case, lol) into a more blues based sound.  and the result here is very laid back and chill.  it's essentially The exact same career path Mark Knophler took after Dire Straits (in fact i don't know who did it first. DS came out with BIA in 85.  Rea comes out With On the Beach a year later.....very similar albums.  These guys are like unintentionally linked, lol)

Anyway I just think i liked the more ear candy stuff in the early 80's better.

Sorry chris.....happy you followed your heart.  but actually Auberge cemented the slide into blues hell.

Mick