Steely Dan - The Royal Scam

Nick Lutsko - Etc.

some great spins and.....ROYAL SCAM!!!!!:wub:

Mick

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

some great spins and.....ROYAL SCAM!!!!!:wub:

Mick

I heard some like tepid jazz in the elevator and I needed something with real rhythm to it.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I heard some like tepid jazz in the elevator and I needed something with real rhythm to it.

and humour and soul and cool guitar solos......and i could just go on, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

and humour and soul and cool guitar solos......and i could just go on, lol

Mick

Oh yes, that as well, lol. Don’t Take Me Alive is my favorite here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluefox4000 said:

the guitar tone on that song is so tasty and crunchy i love it.

Mick

That opening lead is incredible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Toto - The Seventh One

Katy Perry - One Of The Boys

Genesis - Invisible Touch

Nick Lutsko - Swords

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam

Nick Lutsko - Etc.

What'd you think of One Of The Boys?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super25Smasher said:

What'd you think of One Of The Boys?

I was pleasantly surprised. It’s got a lot of straightforward radio rock on it. The lyrics are hit and miss, but I admire the ambition, and her vocals are great throughout.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I was pleasantly surprised. It’s got a lot of straightforward radio rock on it. The lyrics are hit and miss, but I admire the ambition, and her vocals are great throughout.

I agree 100%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super25Smasher said:

I agree 100%.

I’m sure I’ll spin it again. Makes me a little sad I don’t love many of her hits though. Firework for example has always just kinda annoyed me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’m sure I’ll spin it again. Makes me a little sad I don’t love many of her hits though. Firework for example has always just kinda annoyed me.

I honestly think that's one of her weaker hits. I really like her sophomore album, Teenage Dream. It's more pop-oriented, but it had a lot of big hits, and some really good deep cuts IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Iron Maiden- The Number Of The Beast

Iron Maiden- Fear Of The Dark

Iron Maiden- Somewhere In Time 

I work 48 hour shifts in a home for children. I do this sometimes three times in 8 days, with a day off in between.

I'm shattered. I listen to Taylor Swift and Dan Fogelberg a lot because I can't handle much else.

So today I played some Maiden and it was like a cool breeze in the midst of a heatwave! f**k, I loved it! I feel so revitalised!

Happy to say that Fear Of The Dark has grown on me a lot. I loved it today!

Wow.  You are either a saint, a lunatic or desperate for a pay check.  Or a combination of some all all of those.  Either way, you have my respect.  Not a job I would want.  Or hours i would want.  When I was in my teens / early 20's (back in the 1980's) I worked several summers  in a dairy plant and worked 60, 70, 80 even some 90 hour weeks.  But the hours were my choice.  I wanted the money - if I wanted to only work 40 or 50 hours I could have limited my hours.

Mostly I worked in the ice room bagging ice.  Ever wonder where bags of ice you might get at a convenience store come from?  I know.  Bagged them.  1,500 or 2,000 an hour.  Running so fast so long that you worked up a sweat in 15 degree temp's for hours on end.  The you went outside on brake, came back and briefly worked in the dairy room where they loaded milk on to trucks.  I would get soaked even more there (lots of water there from washing milk off the outside of crates of milk - who wants to ship out something that smells of sour milk) and then back to the ice room where you soaking pants and jackets froze to you as you repeated the process.

But I knew I was going to college in the fall. Best of all it was just hard work.  Sounds like you have to deal with kids with issues.  Not to my taste.  Like I said, you have my respect.

BTW - the only time I got to see Maiden live was on the Somewhere in Time tour in 1987.  A group called Wasted opened.  Have their lone album around here someplace.   

• Like 1

Worked from home today so that meant it was time to fire up the record player and whatever came out of the moving box got listened to.  First up:

Mozart - Divertimento #1, Divertimento #2, Divertimento #7.  Next out of the box:

Tchaikovsky - Symphony #6.  Next out of the box:

Johann Sebastian Bach - Cantata # 211 & Cantata  #212.  Next out of the box:

The Art of The Baroque Trumpet.  This is a collection of works from the Baroque era which involve trumpet work.  George Frederick Handel wrote 1 of the 8 works on this record.  Don't recognize any of the other names.  Next out of the box:

Prokofiev - The Classical Symphony, The Love for 3 Oranges Suite and lastly the Lieutenant Kije Suite.  Last out of the box:

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Symphony #23, Symphony #29 and Symphony #30.

Turned out to be a massive classical music day.  Not a shock.  I have a lot of classical music boxed up.  Probably own more classical then rock actually.  Enjoyed everything I listened to today.  All good stuff.

• Like 1