Aerosmith: Albums Elimination (Round 10, SECOND TO FINAL ROUND)

_hi_water._

19 members have voted

1. 1. Eliminate:

• Get Your Wings (1974)
    • Toys In The Attic (1975)
    • Rocks (1976)

Aerosmith has been eliminated.

15. Music From Another Dimension! (2012)

14. Honkin' On Bobo (2004)

13. Just Push Play (2001)

12. Nine Lives (1997)

11. Get A Grip (1993)

10. Rock In A Hard Place (1982)

9. Pump (1989)

8. Done With Mirrors (1985)

7. Permanent Vacation (1987)

6. Draw The Line (1977)

5. Night In The Ruts (1979)

4. Aerosmith (1973)

I don’t know. There have been points when I thought all of these might be my favorite. Nowadays it’s Pump, but these are the three vying for #2.

My top 3 so it's tough.

I'll vote out Toys because it contains the overplayed Walk This Way.

Being "overplayed" isn't the song's fault, blame yourself for doing the overplaying or various media outlets. The song remains the same, you should know that.

• Like 2

Last week I listened to Rocks all the way through. Not a subpar song on there. Can't quite say that about Toys, excellent as it is. And Get Your Wings is solid, but it gets my vote because they had to get session guitarists to play the solos on "Train Kept a Rollin'" and "Same Old Song and Dance."

Last week I listened to Rocks all the way through. Not a subpar song on there. Can't quite say that about Toys, excellent as it is. And Get Your Wings is solid, but it gets my vote because they had to get session guitarists to play the solos on "Train Kept a Rollin'" and "Same Old Song and Dance."

Yeah. When I first read about the session guitarists my opinion of those songs changed a bit.

My top 3 so it's tough.

I'll vote out Toys because it contains the overplayed Walk This Way.

Being "overplayed" isn't the song's fault, blame yourself for doing the overplaying or various media outlets. The song remains the same, you should know that.

I've got nothing else! I love every song on GYW and Rocks so what's a fan to do ?

Also, the weekend at a farmhouse in the Catskills, the spring of 1974. GYW was played a lot. Memories

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

So who actually played these guitar solos then ?

( after Jimmy Page’s time as a session guy & before Luke’s / Tim Pierce )

Whose decisions was it ? Band’s ? Management ? Label’s ?

( just curious really )

Edited by Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios

( just curious really )

Steve Hunter and Steve Wagner played on “Train Kept a Rollin’” and Steve Wagner played on “Same Old Song and Dance”.

Edited by The Cat 3
  • Like 1

( just curious really )

Steve Hunter and Steve Wagner played on “Train Kept a Rollin’” and Steve Wagner played on “Same Old Song and Dance”.

• Like 3