Golf hacking 2022

edhunter

4 minutes ago, goose said:

You want consistency?  Thursday I shot my third 78 in a row.  Made four birdies, two of which held up for skins.  I'm really enjoying the return to form

I'm happy for you! [he says, as he grinds his teeth in frustration and envy . . . ]

What's led to the return?

39 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm happy for you! [he says, as he grinds his teeth in frustration and envy . . . ]

What's led to the return?

I just quit overswinging, and my timing has been better.  And I really don't care about the results of my swing, which has been relaxing.

Driving range:  A guy about half my age was hacking away.  In the same amount of time, he did two large buckets to my one large bucket.  At least 90% of his shots were either whiffs or ground balls, no matter what club he was using. 

I was tempted to walk over to him and ask, "Excuse me....you look familiar.  You are me 30 years ago....."     :biggrin:

• Like 1

This has been a lost year for me with everything going on with my dad. I finally forced myself to get out Friday before work and actually had the best round I've ever had. I shot at 46 with four pars. I've never parred more than two holes on this course on any round. I was with two co workers, one who always shoots in the high 30s and the other 1 who always is right about where I was. The second one is ultra competitive though and did not like the fact that we were tied going into the ninth hole. I choked my approach and wound up with a six. His par attempt was about six feet short and he picked it up, calling it a bogey. Me and the other guy just shared a quiet laugh. Since we don't play for money there was no point in saying anything. 

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, edhunter said:

His par attempt was about six feet short and he picked it up, calling it a bogey. 

“….*cough, cough*…..double bogey…..*cough cough*…….”

Played nine holes Sunday, first round in a long while, and hit only irons.  Made a birdie, seven bogies and one I just picked up.  Regarding the latter, the greens were quick and it was windy.  I hit a 4-iron good drive +/- 210yds, leaving 150 to the pin.  Hit my 155 club right of a back pin, just off the green.  Made a good chip that dribbled by the hole stopping five feet below.  My par putt missed left edge and came to rest two feet past the pin.  Then a huge gust came and blew it back toward and past the cup,  and continued to roll 30 feet downhill.

"Put me down for a max double", and moved on.

:biggrin:

So, late December was unseasonably dry and warm.  Played three rounds and had a lot of fun.  My best round was a sunny but chilly day, at least early.  I played with knit mittens which forced me to under grip and swing easy.  Of course I played great, pars, two birdies and two bogies through 12 holes.  By then it was warm enough to take the gloves off, so I did.

Nothing better than bogie from there on.  Wheels fell off, lol.