Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

Just got back from seeing The Flash !  

Oh my gawd....what a mess!  I might give the same review that I gave for Guardians of The Galaxy 3!   

The intro was just horrible.  20-30 minutes in, I wanted to leave, but Ma was enjoying it, so we stayed. 

As expected, there was a lot of Barry Ezra Miller Allen being an obnoxious twit along with obnoxious friends.    

As in Guardians of The Galaxy 3, the film just had to have full-volume pop rock songs during the action.

Spoiler

Michael Keaton was wonderful.   Supergirl was really good, but I didn't like her hair....LOL    

Once the main plot got going, it was better.  Some wonderful surprises towards the end.    

I give The Flash a C-.  The main storyline was really good, but there was just too much obnoxiousness in the scenes and dialogue.  I cringed a lot.  

Edited by Principled Man

On 6/19/2023 at 8:29 PM, JohnRogers said:

Overrated. Too long, film school flying cymbal shots, fake New York on the studio lot, although I'm sure Clint meant otherwise Charlie Parker came off like a junkie loser.

Tehran museum to review Clint Eastwood's “Bird” - Tehran Times

I remember seeing this in the theater when it came out.  I thought it was a good film, so many stories about Parker's life to sort through.  Many musicians had drug habits and it always comes back to bite them in the end.  The music score was well done.  Surprised that Eastwood didn't butcher it.

On 6/22/2023 at 3:05 PM, Rhyta said:

I remember seeing this in the theater when it came out.  I thought it was a good film, so many stories about Parker's life to sort through.  Many musicians had drug habits and it always comes back to bite them in the end.  The music score was well done.  Surprised that Eastwood didn't butcher it.

That was probably the start of Eastwood doing more Oscar worthy movies as a director here and there until mostly that since Mystic River.  Not his best of his critic friendly but I've seen MUCH worse Eastwood in general.  Looks at Pink Cadillac.

Edited by invisible airwave

I watched "A Man Called Otto", and "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse".

• Like 2

American Pie

Had a brief crush on Hannigan when I saw it.  Took my mom's friend's daughter to see the R rated movie in theaters since I already graduated high school a month before and she was under 17 and really wanted to see it.  Did the same for Cruel Intentions.

"Say my name, bitch!" :laugh:

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1