choose one  

13 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Freeze-Frame - J. Geils Band
    • On The Threshold Of A Dream - Moody Blues
  2. 2. band

• J. Geils Band
    • Moody Blues

Normally I'm a prog guy, but I listened to On The Threshold Of A Dream not that long ago and it just didn't do much for me. I haven't listened to the full Freeze-Frame album in ages, but it has the title track and Centerfold at least, which are just good radio singles (even if I'm pretty sick of the latter).

I haven't listened to the full Freeze-Frame album in ages, but it has the title track and Centerfold at least, which are just good radio singles (even if I'm pretty sick of the latter).

It has other interesting tracks like Rage in the Cage, Insane, Insane Again, and River Blindness (not to mention a most excellent track in Flamethrower).

I can appreciate and respect the Moody Blues, but Geils packed an energy and a groove that is undeniable to my ears.

Geils for me.

(Side note: I think the pop direction the band eventually took started as early as Monkey Island.)

• Like 2

I was a longtime Geils Band fan but was highly disappointed by Freeze Frame when it came out. I found it much too slick for a band that was a raw, R&B/Blues type outfit. To this day I don't much care for it and don't own it despite having quite a number of their other albums.

I voted Dream which is to me by far the better album (I have always absolutely loved In The Beginning/Lovely To See You) but voted Geils because they were killer before FF.