Grammy ratings thru the floor...

At least Lizzo can sing better than Billie Ellish. Lizzo gets a lot of crap about her weight so I think she just decided to go with it and enjoy herself. IMHO

The one thing going for Billie Ellish is attitude, sometimes it's all about how you sign it. Mick Jagger is an average signer, but I enjoy plenty of early Rolling Stones songs because they're clever compositions and catchy [for example]. There's a lot of signers out there I enjoy who wouldn't make it in music school as vocalists. Democratizing music is one of the defining elements of rock.

In a way the America's Got Idol Talent tv shows is ruining the idea of what makes good music, good. Being able to belt a note is surely a skill, but not the only one and often not even the most important one depending on genre and song/intent.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

The show was awful

0_Woman-horrified-after-finding-huge-huntsman-spider-perched-in-her-shower.jpg

So, do you call animal control if one of those pop up in the house? Or an exterminator?

I'd call one of those two right after I changed my underwear.

What the heck is that? Is that on the wall?? How big? I HATE spiders!!!

The show was awful

So, do you call animal control if one of those pop up in the house? Or an exterminator?

Huntsman spider, yeah on the wall, pretty big.

• Like 1

At least Lizzo can sing better than Billie Ellish. Lizzo gets a lot of crap about her weight so I think she just decided to go with it and enjoy herself. IMHO

The one thing going for Billie Ellish is attitude, sometimes it's all about how you sign it. Mick Jagger is an average signer, but I enjoy plenty of early Rolling Stones songs because they're clever compositions and catchy [for example]. There's a lot of signers out there I enjoy who wouldn't make it in music school as vocalists. Democratizing music is one of the defining elements of rock.

In a way the America's Got Idol Talent tv shows is ruining the idea of what makes good music, good. Being able to belt a note is surely a skill, but not the only one and often not even the most important one depending on genre and song/intent.

See, generally, Roth, David Lee, Osbourne, John, Tallerico, Steven.

That applies to other areas of music too, IMO. I'll take Joe Perry all day every day over the likes of Vai or Malmsteen.

• Like 1

The show was awful

How big of an opening does one need to have in the foundation of their home for that thing to find it's way in? I suppose if someone forgot to close the door when stepping outside, it could get in that way too. We just have the usual spiders around here that you can kill with a shoe or some bug spray.

• Like 1

The show was awful

How big of an opening does one need to have in the foundation of their home for that thing to find it's way in? I suppose if someone forgot to close the door when stepping outside, it could get in that way too. We just have the usual spiders around here that you can kill with a shoe or some bug spray.

You know, I can't say for sure I'm right about this, but isn't it entirely possible that picture is actually just zoomed in a lot to make the spider look a lot bigger than it actually is? The corner joint there is going to look much the same up close as it does from far away without any crown molding, and there's nothing else in the picture to give it any sense of scale.

• Like 2

The show was awful

We have Giant House Spiders around here but they're harmless so I just put them outside and they just run to safety. They kind of look scary but they don't even bite. They're fast though apparently the fastest spiders in the world.

Tegenaria.atrica.creating.eggsac.1.jpg

The show was awful

They come in small as babies and... never leave.

As Entre explained, this is a bit of a trick photo. They're big spiders, but not medium canine big.

Huntsman-spider-1.jpg

• Like 1

The show was awful

They come in small as babies and... never leave.

As Entre explained, this is a bit of a trick photo. They're big spiders, but not medium canine big.

Huntsman-spider-1.jpg

That would make sense if they came in as babies and just grew inside the walls. What EP said about the picture being blown up makes sense to. Either way this conversation is more interesting than the Grammys.

• Like 5

Either way this conversation is more interesting than the Grammys.

Releasing a few dozen of these spiders at the Grammys would make the Grammys more interesting, too.

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 3

True, I hate this "only vocal ability matters" crap that has been brainwashing the masses since American Idol. Some of my favorite vocalists in rock aren't the best singers by that standard but they have "character" that I like especially if they're great songwriters like Waits, Dylan and Joe Strummer.

One I've always had a soft spot for is Lindsey Buckingham's vocals.

• Like 2