THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

cooking and baking make me feel alive

i've been slacking on drawing

i haven't been watching enough KotH to want to draw.

Tornado season is upon us.

entomology is so rad

f***ing insane vocals. Get past the mumbling ones in the beginning.

shut up and eat your vegetables

hey TOST, dinner is done. hope you like geen bean casserole.

The Tesla acquisition is no more. Got some estimates to install a level 2 charger and they said the breaker panel wasn't adequate. Installing a new panel would add a few thousand dollars to the already near the top of the budget endeavor and I'm not willing to do that so back to the Sportage Hybrid I go.

The more I read about the Tesla the less I like it anyway. Really heavy + good horsepower + AWD = tires that wear out notably quicker than typical. I think the biggest issue was the fact that so much stuff is operated from the touch screen. There were several other things but I won't bore you further.

14 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Oh hell yeah, D.C. is killing right-turn-on-red in 2025

Dumb, that decision should be based on actual traffic conditions.

11 hours ago, BastillePark said:

The Tesla acquisition is no more. Got some estimates to install a level 2 charger and they said the breaker panel wasn't adequate. Installing a new panel would add a few thousand dollars to the already near the top of the budget endeavor and I'm not willing to do that so back to the Sportage Hybrid I go.

The more I read about the Tesla the less I like it anyway. Really heavy + good horsepower + AWD = tires that wear out notably quicker than typical. I think the biggest issue was the fact that so much stuff is operated from the touch screen. There were several other things but I won't bore you further.

Selfish cave man.

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2024 at 9:03 PM, That One Guy said:

I think I was near there on R40, but otherwise, same 

Steven Wilson 3rd row general admission for $38 is still my best concert value ever 

I have a lot of fun at the $20 gigs for smaller bands

• Like 1

I think I paid $35 per ticket when my boyfriend and I saw The Melvins and Mr Bungle last year. Roughly $80 total after fees. YOB tickets were about $20 a piece, their ticket prices are one of the reasons why I've seen them so many times.

I think I paid $40-ish bucks to see Mastodon and Primus at the Greek in LA in 2018. My seat was pretty far back, but worth it.

I was at Giant's Stadium in 1988 to see The Who's farewell tour.

Edited by JohnRogers

15 minutes ago, jamie said:

I think I paid $40-ish bucks to see Mastodon and Primus at the Greek in LA in 2018. My seat was pretty far back, but worth it.

That's a good price for both of them. I think I had to pay $90 to see Primus at Massey Hall and there was no Mastodon opening.

1 minute ago, JohnRogers said:

I was at Giant's Stadium in 1980 to see The Who's farewell tour.

My dad caught that tour in Syracuse. Then I got to see them 35+ years later on their 17th post-retirement tour

The bank finally caved and repossessed my car, at least it's out of my parent's driveway now. My mom texted me and said that nobody heard a thing when it happened, I'm guessing they came early in the morning. I still don't know what to do about it, maybe file for bankruptcy. I'm still new at this adult life thing. Plus, I chose to abandon it with past due tags and not make my payments after it broke down, and I uprooted my life to move to Arkansas.

Edited by jamie

On 2/29/2024 at 3:22 PM, jamie said:

is it time for me to get back on prozac?

only if you really need it after being depressed for several months. they prescribe that stuff willy nilly, ruined my teens