THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I should get back into the Rush '78-'84 god-tier run

yes, I listened to AFTK/Hemispheres on my 4 hour drive last friday and plan to continue around their discog - not necessarily just the golden era. tbh though i've never been huge on Cygnus Book II and that hasn't changed, the track doesn't have to be that long, it gets a little redundant and the ambient section is really dated... same goes for Camera Eye, unneccessarily long song. AFTK is their flawless "prog rock" album. while we're on the subject i wish they wrote more songs like the title track and "The Trees" with Alex's acoustic intros. those were great

I'm comfortable in my sexuality, and that means I'll profess that I really like U2

Not gonna see $300 nosebleed concerts though

3 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

yes, I listened to AFTK/Hemispheres on my 4 hour drive last friday and plan to continue around their discog - not necessarily just the golden era. tbh though i've never been huge on Cygnus Book II and that hasn't changed, the track doesn't have to be that long, it gets a little redundant and the ambient section is really dated... same goes for Camera Eye, unneccessarily long song. AFTK is their flawless "prog rock" album. while we're on the subject i wish they wrote more songs like the title track and "The Trees" with Alex's acoustic intros. those were great

Camera Eye is all about 1:28 - 2:15 and when that part repeats for me. 17 year old me's world was lit on fire hearing that shit live in 2010. And again the next year. Best believe I had that shit on Rock Band so I could LARP expert drummer

Rush is easy enough to guitar, so you can just LARP guitarist with a guitar

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

You best extend that out to '85 because Power Windows is a perfect album.

i've always pushed it out to Hold Your Fire, the album has filler but Force Ten, Prime Mover, Mission, and Turn the Page are great songs and showed some promise of Rush evolving for the better before the Presto let down.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

i've always pushed it out to Hold Your Fire, the album has filler but Force Ten, Prime Mover, Mission, and Turn the Page are great songs and showed some promise of Rush evolving for the better before the Presto let down.

You just got me thinking, Force Ten would probably be stellar with Counterparts production and style. Just a wee bit too poppy. I like the R30 version 

I like Presto a lot but it’s for irrational reasons 

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I'm comfortable in my sexuality, and that means I'll profess that I really like U2

Not gonna see $300 nosebleed concerts though

I still haven't crossed the $150 line. And that's a super rare occurrence 

41 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I still haven't crossed the $150 line. And that's a super rare occurrence 

I think I was near there on R40, but otherwise, same 

Steven Wilson 3rd row general admission for $38 is still my best concert value ever 

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

Got some bad news on our European High Speed Rail Adventure. We're taking an older train, scheduled to be replaced some months after we're there. It's only going to get up to 125mph. Weak.

i. dont. want. antidepressants. i. just. want. to. try. shrooms. 

shrooms would be way easier to get my hands on than prescription medication  every month.