THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

3 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

I donate through out the year. So I feel no pressure for the year end stuff.

Other than monthly PP, I forgot, so a second got a big lump just now.

7 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

The Super Coupe sits unused because currently the sunroof won't shut completely. I should take care of that soon and at least fire it up for a short drive.

A short drive is the only kind of drive many Chrysler products understand.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

I donate through out the year. So I feel no pressure for the year end stuff.

Am I a better person if I don't get receipts for my various donations because I think if I take the tax break it's not just donating from the goodness of my heart? 

I didn't think so. :huh:

1 minute ago, BastillePark said:

Am I a better person if I don't get receipts for my various donations because I think if I take the tax break it's not just donating from the goodness of my heart? 

I didn't think so. :huh:

Nah, I get shit in the mail all the time. Each month at the beginning of the month before all the comic book, wine and steak money is spent I choose one. Go to the website then donate, usually kid shit like hospitals and cleft pallets, etc. I don't recall the least time my donations were larger than the standard deduction.

Ohhh my god I’m gonna start the new year with an aneurysm reading all these complete retards attempting to blame cyclists and pedestrians for roadway deaths. So goddamned incomprehensibly dumb

39 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ohhh my god I’m gonna start the new year with an aneurysm reading all these complete retards attempting to blame cyclists and pedestrians for roadway deaths. So goddamned incomprehensibly dumb

Depending on the specific circumstance it could be the fault of the non-automobile operators. Around here pedestrian deaths have increased as has homelessness and I can't help but think those are connected. Someone on the Fentanyl or meth or just mentally ill wanders or stumbles into traffic and gets hit. Last year we were going to a movie and a guy holding his hands to his head as if he was trying to block the voices literally walked across in front of us and didn't so much as look at us.

Had we been going faster or me not seen him we'd have almost surely hit him. It scared the crap out of me. 

17 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

Well this trip kind of sucked, no cap -- but the Great Smoky/Nantahala/Cherokee mountains were kind of nice. The highlight was just getting to chill and do nothing in Florida for a couple of days.

Cocoa Beach???

10 hours ago, That One Guy said:

9 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Depending on the specific circumstance it could be the fault of the non-automobile operators. Around here pedestrian deaths have increased as has homelessness and I can't help but think those are connected. Someone on the Fentanyl or meth or just mentally ill wanders or stumbles into traffic and gets hit. Last year we were going to a movie and a guy holding his hands to his head as if he was trying to block the voices literally walked across in front of us and didn't so much as look at us.

Had we been going faster or me not seen him we'd have almost surely hit him. It scared the crap out of me. 

Cyclists and pedestrians are not completely blameless. Not everything is us or them, black or white.

28 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Cyclists and pedestrians are not completely blameless. Not everything is us or them, black or white.

The problem I have is that they have about 20% of the blame, and some car-brainers go around acting like they have 90% of the blame.

You know me, Raaj, I’m all about that nuance. 

Welp, JR is the second person I talked to in 2024, after telling bae that I’m already up and not going back to bed. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

scratching my head trying to figure out someplace that doesn't suck, guess i need to travel more

I'd say every state has things to see but if you let politics influence visiting them you might as well stay home.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

I'd say every state has things to see but if you let politics influence visiting them you might as well stay home.

Idk man. I would never suggest someone visit Idaho, and that has zero to do with politics. I don’t intend on ever touching Iowa, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, South Carolina, West Virginia, etc. Nothing to see. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Idk man. I would never suggest someone visit Idaho, and that has zero to do with politics. I don’t intend on ever touching Iowa, Georgia, Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, South Carolina, West Virginia, etc. Nothing to see. 

I agree hold Georgia - i stayed in St Simmons Island for a night in an airbnb and the beach there was very nice. nothing exceptional though i guess..

but the best part of my trip was all in TN, North Carolina, and Florida which of course was my favorite - very relaxing there. 

18 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Politics / affordability was a big motivator for why i visited, and i have to say that between the politics, the people, the atmosphere, the nature/climate (which is the most important factor for me) I only grew to really appreciate CA a lot more, which I never thought would happen. I'm not going to pretend like it's the best place to live as a cope, cause i do feel that im kinda stuck here, but it could be a lot worse. I think most of the west coast + "suicide belt" / canada is similarly beautiful. 

honestly this is the first time i've done any serious travelling, before this i'd only ever been to CA, Alaska, Oregon, and FL. nowhere else. 

i love collecting recipes. i love cooking and baking throughout the day. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

Politics / affordability was a big motivator for why i visited, and i have to say that between the politics, the people, the atmosphere, the nature/climate (which is the most important factor for me) I only grew to really appreciate CA a lot more, which I never thought would happen. I'm not going to pretend like it's the best place to live as a cope, cause i do feel that im kinda stuck here, but it could be a lot worse. I think most of the west coast + "suicide belt" / canada is similarly beautiful. 

honestly this is the first time i've done any serious travelling, before this i'd only ever been to CA, Alaska, Oregon, and FL. nowhere else. 

Every time I go to California, I love it a little bit more. It has a lot going for it, and that's why 40M people live there. There aren't million dollar neighborhoods everywhere by accident--it's high demand and moderate supply of great places to live.

Went to SF/Redwood/Half Moon Bay in 2020. Went to SF and up the Pacific Coast Highway into Oregon in 2022. Went to Tahoe, Yosemite, Monterey and Santa Cruz in mid 2023. Just did Christmas in Ojai and Ventura. Going back for a wedding late 2024. It's a great state, and no amount of bitching from corn farmers who have never been there is going to change that.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, That One Guy said:

The scenic parts of Arkansas look very picturesque during autumn, and that’s when the weather seems to be tolerable. The tourist-y cities like Hot Springs are the prettiest, but the greater LRK area isn’t pretty lmao, it’s the hood. I never ever thought I would live in, or even visit Arkansas, but the slower pace of life was a huge motivator. 

• Like 1