Official NASCAR thread

Fordgalaxy

8 hours ago, BastillePark said:

The race in Chicago yesterday was kind of interesting and something happened that hasn't happened in about 60 years of racing. On his first start in the NASCAR cup series a New Zealander by the name of Shane van Gisbergen won the race. 

That race was cool to see! The driving on the last few laps was aces (when drivers weren't running into the tires :blink:)  My mom had us laughing because she was raised near Chicago although she hasn't been there for about 40 years. She looked up for like a nanosecond and said, "Oh, racing on Michigan Avenue now?"  :notworthy:  How she recognized it, I don't know!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueschica said:

That race was cool to see! The driving on the last few laps was aces (when drivers weren't running into the tires :blink:)  My mom had us laughing because she was raised near Chicago although she hasn't been there for about 40 years. She looked up for like a nanosecond and said, "Oh, racing on Michigan Avenue now?"  :notworthy:  How she recognized it, I don't know!

There WAS a sign that a camera on the broadcast that kept showing up that said N. Michigan Ave. 100...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

There WAS a sign that a camera on the broadcast that kept showing up that said N. Michigan Ave. 100...

Here we thought she was being so sly! :laugh:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Ryan Preece does a 10-11 X barrel roll at Daytona, climbs out of car afterwards.

Damn, that was fupped duck.

It seemed like at least twice the car actually bounced/flew higher than the trajectory was taking it. That was wild and I hope he's okay.

11 hours ago, BastillePark said:

It seemed like at least twice the car actually bounced/flew higher than the trajectory was taking it. That was wild and I hope he's okay.

He appeared to start on one trajectory, and then dug intothe grass and/or was tapped in the right rear, sending him cartwheeling.

I sort of envisioned it as an athletic move from a gymnast or Olympic diver-

Definitely a 10 from the East German judge.

• Haha 1

Sad to hear the SRX series is suspending operations for 2024. I just bought tickets to the Cedar Lake race in August, so I'm really disappointed to miss out on it. In recent years I've found more excitement from that format than from NASCAR... I guess that kind of old school racing is doomed.

Edited by KenJennings

Watching a bit of the Bristol race today. The crowd size is stunning. When I was there for the spring race and 2007 it was sold out and there was a lottery for tickets. I don’t think it’s 50% full now.  How the sport manages to stay afloat is beyond me.

• Like 1